1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[blog]Truck got broken into.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Kam, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Hello, today is October 24th, 2005. Or the 26th.

To the story.

I went to go play basketball with some fellow members of the Stalkers. We play in a league at the Post Oak YMCA on Augusta. It was about 7:45 and I see an open parking spot. I come in to the gym still in my work/street/civilian clothes to see if we played cause we were out of the playoffs, and I wanted to make sure our guys were there. I see Stack24, and macalu, and I see biggiestuff, so I figure, yeah, we play today. I went to my truck to go change. I had my shorts underneath already, and my shirt underneath, so dont melt in your pants quite yet. Anyhoo, to my left I see two people in this minivan two spots over. There was an open spot between this red minivan, and my truck. I didn't think much of it. There were two African American people in the car. For all you PC folks, deal with it. This is actually useful information. I didn't think much of it. I left my wallet in my pants. I took off my watch and put it in the side compartmet of my door. And I head back into the building.

We play some ball. Tonight, I come off the bench. I barely do anything during shoot around because my lady friend keeps text messaging me. We continue to do this through out the game.

I went 0-1 for the game. Nothing new.

D league is starting up, and we had to pay our fees and stuff. I run to my car to get my wallet. I notice my wallet wasnt in there. I was like ****, It must have fell out on the floor somewhere. I look to my left and see my back window busted. I was like oh ****! First thing came to my mind was somebody stole it. I was like damn. I run inside, and tell my guys. I go to the front desk, and file a report and all that ****. Inside my wallet I had about $50, my check card, my Texas drivers license, health card, a game crazy card, blockbuster card, a receipt from a book store, and freaking $25 gift certificate to the CheeseCake Factory. I think Mo Taylor, or Kelvin Cato stole it. FatAsses. I felt like crying. Seriously. I just got jacked.

I think those two people in that minivan took it. I called my bank to make sure there was no transaction, but nope, something already happen. It was at a Super WalMart. I bet it was the one at Westheimer and Dunvale, cause that is the one near the Post Oak location. I think they used it there twice, and hit me up for $200 bucks. But the tricks on them. I only have about $100 bucks left. They said this happen around 8:30.

When I talk to the cops, I want to see if they can get a camera shot of when they used my card. I asked the chick at the YMCA and see if they have cameras in the parking lot, and they said yes, and asked where I parked. I told her where, and she said the camera probably didnt capture it. Ahh ****. I know it had to be those two people in the minivan, because they were the only ones who saw me.

I waited for the cops, and they never came. It's about 10:30, so I said **** it, Kam is out of here. I had no cash, no nothing. You know who steps up?

OmegaSupreme hands me a 20. MFing Omegasupreme is ****ing good. That was a damn nice gesture.

That was the only thing they stole out of my truck. Amazing. I had a Nike baseball glove that retails at around $50. I had some grocery in my truck. I had my work ID badge. I had a pair of black ankle socks, and my watch. I had some burnt CDs in my glove compartment. All they stole was my wallet. I also had my clothes in there. I had a red collared polo shirt from that Boat Company. And some pants from that guy that likes to take photos of young girls and guys... and Latrell Spreewell. I also had two sweaters from some sweatshop people from China.

About the window. It's a 99 Toyota Tacoma. The back window is one of those middle windows that slides. The broke one of those sliding panels, and undid the hitch, and opened it. I think the only thing that was in my pants was my wallet, a check stub, some notes on peoples library accounts... and thats about it. I am going to miss the pictures in my wallet. I had a picture of my friends baby at four months, and my two nephews.
    Now I have to deal with State Farm, and all this ****. They better not run me $500 windows for a small pane.

I have to call in work tommorow. That fuggin sucks.

Peace out homies.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Those sliding windows in the back suck for this reason. They always break through that.

I've had my F150 broken into for my CD Deck twice. Last time they had the face plate off and it was on the seat but I showed up with my friends just in time for him to run off and not steal the deck.

3. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

Don't leave anything valuable in your car :(

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

some natives tried to jack our stuff from our van in canada...

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Man Kam that sucks so bad. I notice that they never have the security camera working :mad:

Hope it doesn't cost you too much though. We came out to your truck when we saw you disappear but you were gone. Didn't know you were out there until 10:30. I think you can file a police report online though. No security camera at Wal-mart though?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Do you have renters' insurance?

7. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Sorry to hear that Kam, hope everything works out.. at least your CC company will cover the spending and be glad you don’t carry your Social Security card in your wallet like some people..

8. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

damn man, that sux. i know the feeling all too often. i've also kept my wallet in my glove compartment a couple of times during our games. :eek:

there's a reason the cops didn't show up...it's almost new year's and you know what that means? yep, fireworks.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What pisses me off about last night, is that I waited about 90 efing minutes. I got out of the game at around nine, and then the YMCA people called the police. I waited there til freaking 10:30, and I gave up so I called them and canceled it. The YMCA was going to close in 30 minutes, and I was still in my shorts.

Now I should be sleeping in cause I don't work til Noon today, but I called in work, and I have to go to a freaking Police Station, which I do not like, and then to my bank, and then to the DPS or DMV to see what I can do.

These people who stole my wallet went to WalMart to buy some crap. They better be buying groceries and **** like that. For some reason, in my gut, I am thinking these people were from Louisiana. I don't know why I think that, it's just that feeling, you know? I did plenty to help these people. Maybe, Hopefully, i'm wrong about it. Actually, I rather be right, and hope they were Louisiana and were in need of some groceries or something.

If they were just some punks, then yeah, I'd like to stick some size 11 1/2s up their asses. And then set them under a basketball goal and dunk on them.

10. droxford

droxford Member

Sorry to hear it, Kam.

I'm glad things weren't worse than just a stolen wallet and a broken window.

11. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I got broken into about a month ago.

I had my stero and all the equipment in the back stolen. I too left my wallet in my car. I had to replace a bunch of crap, cancel credit cards and stuff like that.

The fools bought gas as their first purchase with my cards. Now if I was a thief. I'd be headed to wal mart self check out or the mall. But whatever

I got the money back for the gas.

I got broken into at Bank Of America in broad day light. I knew it was a matter of time before I got broken into but I never expected it to be than.

It worked out alright. The guys got away but I got a nice fat check from my insurance.I replaced the radio but I'm not going to replace the amp/speakers in the back. I havent decided what I'm going to do with the rest...

It sounds like you got it worse than me. Hope it all works out..

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

naah, they just jacked my wallet, and left my pants, and shirts, and everything else. I had some cans of soup in my car that i bought at Kroger because I have a cold or something.

Trust me, you had it worse, they stole your stereo crap.

I haven't told my parents yet. Hell, they have no freaking clue. If I told my mom, she would be freaking out. I have it sitting in my driveway, and then I moved it this morning onto the street. I got to fix this window freaking SOON cause my ass is FREEZING. I need one of those Astros thing to cover my window. Where can I get those?

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

what? a brad lidge gas can?

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

II could use his gas can to block my window. Better than using his gas can to light the pitchers mound.

I want one of those We Believe or Go Astros thing that you put on your car window.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

you know something i also noticed. I went to go get my belt off my pants, and i heard some change in there. They didn't even jack the $1.81 I had in change. I also had an ATM receipt from an hour ago cause I withdrew some money from a Washington Mutual on West Gray. It had my balance on it. If they actually looked at my receipt, they would have known what I had on it.

What also is kinda bizzare is that they stole my check stub.

What are they suppose to do with that check stub?

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Actually, if your card is like most check cards, they can buy as much as they want on that card until it is cancelled. Check cards generally work like checks in so much as the amount in the account is not verified when a purchase is made. They could run up thousands of dollars in puchases that will eventually come back as NSF.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i called it already last night. The guy i talked to was helpful. I called again, just to make sure, and she was sooooo moronic.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, sorry to hear about this whole thing Kam. Trust me when I say that I know exactly how you feel. I've had both my cars broken into twice each. Most recently was my Civic, and that wasn't even 3 weeks ago. I had evacuated to my girlfriend's house in Dallas at the time. I was planning on going home on Thursday, Oct. 6th at about 6 p.m. or so, so I loaded my car with all my stuff at about 4 p.m. to avoid having to do it while saying goodbye. Well, I ended up not leaving that night, and when I went out to go get some dinner at about 8:45 p.m., I noticed that my trunk was slightly open and some of my belongings were laying behind the car.

They stole my suitcase with most of my favorite clothes and all my cologne and crap in it, about 6 dress/work shirts on hangers, my backpack which had my iPod in it, my guitar, and even a ring, bracelet, keychain, and necklace that my girl brought back from Thailand for me. I also had a credit card statement in the suitcase which had my CC# all over it so I had to cancel and get a new account.

So, I've been through all this before though, and frankly it's getting pretty old. My girl was actually about to cry and I was actually really calm. I guess I took comfort in the fact that I've been through this and I know for a fact that my insurance is really good. I sent in my claim a few days ago and everything came out to $2,517.18 so I'm not too upset about the whole thing. I'm probably not going to replace anything but the clothes, which I can probably do for $400 or so if I'm thrifty, and then I'll use the rest to pay off debt. The only things I'm really mad about are the things from my girl that can't be replaced! :mad:

Believe me though, I know how you feel and not only did I feel like crying the first time it happened, I DID cry, hard. That time I had my cell phone, wallet (with credit cards, all my ID's, health insurance card, pictures, and yes, my social security card :eek: ), my backpack full of text books and notes (this was 1 week before finals too), as well as my cd player, amp, and subs. They got everything. I was lucky this time, and so were you. Don't get too upset about it, even though I know it sucks. It could have been a LOT worse.

Best of luck in getting everything cleared up. Let me know if you have any questions about the process of getting everything straightened out. I may be able to help.

19. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

This thread is bad news. I read it this morning and this afternoon my car got broken into... :mad:

I work at the local Olive Garden and I went into work today at 530. When I was pulling into the parking lot I noticed a while van that was driving around. It pulled out of one spot near the entrance and then parked in another spot a few cars down from me. I got out of my car and put on my apron and started to walk in and realized that the white van wasn't in the spot. The only thing that registered with me was, "Damn, I could have parked in that closer spot."

I went inside and got signed in when I realized that I left my phone in my car and that I would need it to keep up the Astros game tonight during my shift. So I ran outside really quick to grab my phone and I noticed the white van right next to my car. Next thing I knew it was taking off really quick. I walked to my car and, looking through the windshield and passengerside window, thought that there seemed to be more light than usual coming through my driverside window. I got around to the side of my car and saw glass everywhere...the bastards had smashed out my window. My first thought was, "Dammit, there goes my brand new phone!" My second thought was, "Where did those ****ers go?" I ran off in the direction that they drove off, but they were long gone.

I was lucky, though. I had only been inside for less than five minutes and apparently came back outside just after they had broken out my window. My phone was still in the console, my stereo was still intact, my shades were still where I had left them. All they had time to do was lift up the lock, they hadn't even gotten a chance to open the door.

I grabbed my phone and went inside and told my manager what had happened. She called the cops for me and I told them what had happened and I was told an officer would be there shortly. And hour and twenty minutes later one arrived.

Of course, the cops can't do a damn thing. They couldn't dust for prints because they never got inside the car and apparently prints don't take on the lock's knob. All he told me was to be more careful about leaving my face plate on in the future.

So now I gotta call and find out how much this is gonna cost me since my insurance deductible is a cool grand. Probably shouldn't be more than a couple hundred, but that's still quite a bit for my broke ass.

All said, though, it could have been much worse. I could have lost my phone, my stereo, my shades, my books, my CDs, etc. Thank god for the Astros playing tonight or I might have come out of the restaurant this evening to a stripped out car...

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man that sucks.

My deductible is 500.

Which Olive Garden do you work at? Do they have cameras in the parking lot?