1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#BLMKidnapping - 4 black trash torture a mentally disabled young white male; yell racial slurs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sugrlndkid, Jan 5, 2017.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Oh!

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

But it's so obvious that I'm pretty confident younalredy knew that.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The trick with racism in 2017 is to be opaque & slick enough with your digs that you can have plausible deniability, and then when you get called out for it, you turn it on the other person in a mirroring technique. Nobody is better than Donald Trump at this racist, or often misogynistic (like the Gilibrand tweet) tactic, but his cult followers are learning. Basically the urban dictionary version of explaining "trolling" to people that generally don't go to forums such as this one or Reddit.

But as Fchowd just said, we ALL already know that. Which means if you call out Texx you are giving the troll what he wants, and if you defend him, you are either new to the internet or you are mirroring to get a rise out of everyone as well.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You're clueless. Just clueless. Not sure why I waste my time arguing with somebody who is probably a high school student, but your simple minded approach is to blame everything on race. Lazy thinking.

5. bigtexxx

exactly. I certainly didn't use the words Chowd claimed I used, but that's your typical liberal - they simply put words in your mouth to fit the narrative they want to be true. Facts don't matter to them.

ipaman likes this.
  6. dobro1229

And when the trolls resort to name calling.... yeah

7. bigtexxx

confirmed you are unable to defend yourself using facts, logic and reason. pwn3d

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@bigtexxx might be an inflammatory a-hole but at he least attempts to constructs his arguments and point of view even if the folks disagree. meanwhile you and others just make **** up or literally play the race card for every single play like if you're playing cards.

[​IMG]

Keep in mind, I'm not white so I might as well be black. Life and this country is way more complicated than black and white and you would realize that if you all would open your eyes and take the time to think.

9. fchowd0311

What he implied in regards to his riot comment was obviously racially charged.

You have to be trolling or naive to think otherwise.

10. ipaman

What's wrong with subtle "racism" especially when everyone(black and white) does it? It's even worse(more participants) when you consider subtle discrimination. Why not embrace those subtleties and discuss them out in the open, maybe even laugh about them?

The worst thing you can do is put people into one of two categories, not-racist or racist. It's way more complicated than that for almost everyone and it kills all progress and in fact creates more hate because that black or white (pardon the pun) approach is divisive in itself. To put it this way, you want @bigtexxx to become a real racist, keep calling him one.

11. fchowd0311

We are discussing them.
    Let's discuss.

Bigtexxx imokies that black people riot more relative to their transgressions and therefore Bigtexxx is a racist.

Seems like simple logic. This ain't fluid mechanics.

Seems like you are beding yourself into a pretzel for what? Bigtexxx has a long history of postibg racially charged comments. This isn't new. He's a racist or playing shtick.

12. ipaman

this didn't happen. at worst he made a off color(sorry) joke/troll with "some" circumstantial, demonstrative, evidence. in fact, there is/was no riots in the name of whites OR the disabled, probably won't be. the subtlety of suggesting without saying that if it was a black victim/white attackers there would have been riots is supported by recent events and the recent political climate. even though he didn't do this, acknowledging, suggesting, wondering if blacks would have rioted does not make you a racist. at worst maybe curious, uncultured, uneducated, insensitive, etc.. the type of person who could be engaged with a "not so fast, here's why." but nah... let's call 'em racists cause that's what they are those scumbags don't even know it.

#232 ipaman, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  13. bigtexxx

nope. i didn't do that. Lefties in general riot more, and that's not limited to one race.

14. dobro1229

So you are trying to say that If I don't construct an argument against his position (also known as engaging a troll), my post should be viewed as.... playing the race card?

My point was pretty simple.... THIS is what arguing this will get you. Texx and other's methods need to be called out so people know how & when to engage people in this type of conversation. If you want to have a serious discussion about race in America, I'm all ears, but in the construct of an argument that someone like Texx will setup, you are just setting yourself up for a "I know you are but what am I" retort.

Looks like you are trying to do the same thing as well which is a shame. Calling out racial baiting tactics isn't the same thing as playing the race card. Its simply calling a spade a spade. Anyone who has been on the D&D for longer than a day should know now the tactics of the trolls and the mirroring technique they use pretty clearly.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. ipaman

this didn't happen, you willfully reach for it instead of considering anything else. like i said, the easy way.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The "Where are the riots!?" Thing is rather offensive and insulting if you ask me. It reinforces the worst stereotypes, Bigtexx knows what he's doing, some let it go over their heads though.

17. dobro1229

Sorry that you think I owe him my goodwill and trust to have real dialog without seeing the constructs of a baited troll technique. If you think his heart is in the right place to have constructive dialog, why don't you dialog with him on the topic?

18. ipaman

because i don't have a problem with his comment. he's probably right, no marching/riot occurred and considering today's climate and organizational efforts, there very likely would have been if the situation was reversed. if we gave it vegas style odds, they would agree with @bigtexxx

19. fchowd0311

Yes it absolutely does make one a racist because a racist will try to remove all context to prove a point about a percieved inferior race.

His claim is that black people have a tendency to riot more.

His claim has to make a few assumptions in order for his comparison to hold any legitimate weight.

His main assumption, and the assumption that makes him racist is that the white community has historically an equal amount of transgressions per capita as the black community.

That assumption is needed to create the appearance that everything is equal except one race riots more.

However, if given historical context, a community that constantly for the past 400 years gets shitted on might have lower tolerences to put up with ****. It's more prevelant to them and therefore they believe it to be more systemic.

Bigtexx is racist because he completely ignores the plight of African Americans for the past 400 years and assumes a piece of legistlation less than one human life span ago will erase 400 years of race relations in this country.

#239 fchowd0311, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, as if some people benefit from jail.

Reversed as in it was the white people who endured 400 years of slavery and another 150 as second class citizens?

JayGoogle likes this.