1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bledsoe for Papa (and fillers) a real possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 24, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

bledsoe, a more offensive Lowry

2. basketballholic

He is a draft pick that was signed, not a free agent.

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Not sure if we're delusional or what, but does our offered package even sound CLOSE to what offers other teams are giving for Bledsoe? Or more importantly, what the Suns THINK they should get for Bledsoe? Same can be applied to Dragic.

Homerism extreme, where we think our below average offer is so good, we're talking about whether we'd want to even do the deal or not! Haha, or 'choosing' between two players we can't even get anyways :p

I am sure Morey is offering it, but I would be much more surprised if the Suns took our offer for either Bledsoe or Dragic...

Will GLADLY donate $10 to tip jar if I am wrong and we get one of those two players.

4. basketballholic

What offers are other teams giving?

As far as PHX, I'm sure they'd like to have Lebron James for Bledsoe. It's not a matter of what they way. It's a matter of what they can get.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree that what we can offer doesn't really look very compelling to me. Plus, I'm not very enthused about Bledsoe because of injury concerns. I would be excited about Dragic, but I don't see why Phoenix would want to trade him. I really expect this is all much ado about nothing.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Is the relationship truly irreparable? PHX could just roll with Bledsoe's QO and try to sign him later. Similar to how Bosh didn't have to leave MIA post-lebron, a PHX trade is not an absolute must.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If Bledsoe signs that QO, the chance of him staying beyond the year is basically zero.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bledsoe is not signing the QO.

9. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Wow. We agree on something.

10. alin86

alin86 Member

What kind of offer if he sign with Rockets?

11. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Morey offered 2 years only.

12. tdo

tdo Member

Honestly I wouldn't give much more than Kostas and the pellies pick for Bledsoe. Why would we give up our starting PF who in his first year starting put up a 19 PER, and completely dismantle our bench (which everyone is already saying is going to be bad), for a PG that had ONE good season in which he only played in 43 games. Look at the injury concerns, look at his stats, and then try to tell me the guy is worth a max, and worth everything we have to give up for him. It is simply not worth the risk. I can't believe how many people actually want to give up so much for him. If it were Dragic I would do it in a heartbeat, because Dragic was the reason Phoenix was so good last season... not Bledsoe. Bledsoe was a good complimentary player (for 1/2 the season), but check the stats, anytime Dragic was not on the court and Bledsoe was, Phoenix's offense dipped dramatically.

I would be absolutely shocked and pissed at Morey if he gave up Kostas, Jones, Canaan, Capela, and pellies pick for Bledsoe. It would be the first time in Morey's tenure that he makes a panic move for the sake of making a move. Bledsoe makes us marginally better a PG (when he's healthy) and we get way worse at PF and bench depth. I can't believe after 5 years ago, witnessing our stars and hopes go down the drain due to injuries, y'all are ready to push all the chips on a guy that has had chronic knee issues. If we make this move, this offseason just got worse in my opinion.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Of course not.

However, the more operative question to me is whether EB and the SarverSuns relationship is severed irreparably (with the correlative one of which Point PHX actually would prefer to retain, EB or GD)?

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Plowman any updates? I'm starving over here lol

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

You guys value our young player WAY too high. Kostas? Canaan? Capela? Jones?. Jones is the only one worth mentioning. The others may not even be playing in the NBA in a couple of years lol. The real question is, why would Phoenix take this trash for Bledsoe? Bledsoe's a upgrade over Bev offensively. Together they'd form the best defensive PG duo in the league. No way Lillard, Westbrook or Parker destroy us like they usually do.

16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agree with above. Sign and trade or not, we cannot quibble over mid-level assets when/if we get the chance to add a legit starting PG.

NOP pick+Jones+Johnson+filler for Bledsoe or Rubio is fine and I could probably be talked into another asset.

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

This is more like the package I was thinking for Bledsoe. But for Rubio? I'd rather keep Bev

18. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Yes, it can be repaired. Bledsoe is staying out of any talks which means he is handling it like a business and not getting his butt hurt.

Hakeem was inches from being traded from the Rockets and looked like he was done with the Rockets right before the championships. For the right price it can definitely be repaired.

I have to say that Bledsoe's free agency is one of the strangest I have ever seen. The timing is awful with the injury and limited action restricted free agency is the worse thing that could have happened to him. Hopefully, it works out in the Rockets favor but I doubt it.

I'm ready for some cold weather and another Kobe Bryant injury.

19. tdo

tdo Member

And you overvalue an injury prone PG who has played a solid half a season of basketball. His sample size of "good play" is about as big as Lin's was during Linsanity. He is a solid player when he is on the court, but that isn't very often. If you want Morey to go out and overpay a guy who hasn't produced even close to the value he is asking for, then more power to you. Morey will not do it, because it is not the right move. There are about 15 PGs that are better more proven players. Everyone is clamoring for Bledsoe simply because he is available. I have confidence that Morey won't sacrifice our future and get us locked into an awful Ben Gordon type contract. Don't you think Phoenix would have more interest in keeping him if he was a player that was going to "be the piece that pushes a team into contention".

20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I think neither the Suns nor Bledsoe want the QO signed. 1) Suns have to assume Bledsoe is going to bolt the minute he becomes a FA in 2015, and there will be plenty of suitors. 2) Bledsoe, due to his previous injury issues, probably wants to be tied up for as long as possible. What if he suffers another injury in 2014, leading to him losing a substantial amount of money due to "injury concerns."?

The question becomes who will offer more for Bledsoe in a S&T, both in terms of the contract and the players departing to the Suns? 2 years and a Papa/Pick trade probably works for neither Suns nor Bledsoe. If Morey really wants him, and he'd probably be the cheapest option in terms of lost assets, he's going to have to up his offer.