1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bledsoe for Papa (and fillers) a real possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

[​IMG]

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

IMO it would save our offseason. Bledsoe > Parsons (when healthy) and we already added Ariza who is a similar caliber player to Parsons. Sure, we lost Lin and Asik, but in this scenario losing Lin doesn't matter... the only real downgrade we'd have would be at the backup center position and we'd have upgraded or made lateral moves everywhere else there were changes.

I see this team + Bledsoe as being good for 3rd seed in the West.

3. jttr

jttr New Member

hell yeah

I think if necessary we should neglect the PF position , no matter what trade the rockets make , it is impossible to get a guy that can deal with lamarcus alridge , kevin love, dirk nowitzki type of player . The rockets don't have the assets to get them either . also , they can shoot you to death with a deadly mid range jumpshot , which is nearly unguardable. What the rockets should do right now is to get a all around pg like Bledsoe , the rockets must seize this chance , Bledsoe can play serious defense if he stays healthy and he excels in transitional offense and has his offensive skillsets . He don't want to be in suns uniform , that's great news to hear. I don't think he will accept a two-year contract , but if the rockets manage to convince him to take more money in return for a shorter contract , it would be a win-win situation. if he cannot stay healthy , then we can go pursue Durant two years later . if Bledsoe fails to stay healthy in rockets uniform , the rockets won't make a serious mistake due to shorter contract , just a gamble on his knees.... if he stays healthy , then the rockets win big.....

4. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

That's only if Bledsoe can stay healthy,a big if

5. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I think Alonzo Gee can be a decent trade piece in a Bledsoe trade also if we absolutely have to get rid of him. Gee's style of play can mesh with the Suns run and gun style of offense instantly and can play both sg and small forward .

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Can any knowledgeable person explain to me how can we trade Papa? I think he can't be traded until Dec.

7. bmd

bmd Member

I thought I heard 30 days from when he was signed...

Don't know if that's true.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's 30 days from being signed, not december. He's a draft pick and not a free agent, Smith, Adrian and Dorsey are the ones who can't be traded until december. Capela, Johnson and Papanikolaou can be traded 30 days after signed.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

So Gee is decent but Garcia is garbage..hmmm

To the OP: no it is not. A trade centered around unprovent talent is still that, even with that NOP pick which I'm not sure Morey wants to waste on Bledsoe anyway. I think there are plenty of teams who can offer more and a better package than us. That being said, he's probably going back to the Suns anyway.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep morey didnt wanna waste his time on trying to get harden and dwight

11. sutton

sutton Member

Bledsoe play off ball with Harden, image that.

Do it, Morey!

12. sutton

sutton Member

threw back Morris, back SF and stretch PF

13. bill-sam

bill-sam Member

Bledsoe for what position? that's too luxurious for a backup SG

14. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Bledsoe is a PG. He clearly has at least all-star potential and would be our 3d star. A lot more talent than Parsons. He would also give us another plus defender Together with Beverly and Harden he would form a great guard rotation, maybe the best in the league.

If we can get him, it really is a no brainer - his injuries are a concern and could bite us in the ass later, but we don't have too many assets left and getting a star without any questionmarks is basically impossible for us to get.

But I really doubt Papa and the NOLA pick would be enough to get him. Do we throw in Beverly and/or TJones? I think we could live with throwing in one of these guys, but it would hurt and leave us with at least 1 big hole in the rotation this season.

15. roksoer

roksoer Member

Small ball:
    Pbev
    Bled
    Harden
    Ariza
    Dwight

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Funny how this would also be our most talented lineup :p

17. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

harden would be guarding opponents SF... so many points given up... so very many points given up.

18. BeardFan19

BeardFan19 Member

rather have capela stay..........., unlike some of u guys i still thing he has some potential :mad:

19. roksoer

roksoer Member

I don't think there'd be defensive problems with this lineups, you can even switch Ariza and Harden, and have Harden guard 4s as he's proven last season that he can.

This lineup features 4 highly above average defenders and one ? defender in Harden, whatever Harden's defensive effort is this season, I'm sure this lineup can mask it.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Harden actually plays better d on players who are bigger and try to post him up.