1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bledsoe for Papa (and fillers) a real possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 24, 2014.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

max contract is 'star' money... if unsure whether or not he can transition to a 'star' - says not a star and unproven as to whether or not he can be a star..... jus sayin... lol... max money is not an 'above average starting pg'
    All that said, i'd prob take the gamble too...

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No, but $17m per season (when the cap is $88m) is a pretty reasonable contract isn't it? [who knows what the cap will be in 4 years, but it projects to rise a lot]

Stars tend to be maxxed in the $20m range to start with, because they are operating off the back of a previous max contract. It's hard to get anyone to change clubs for the big max, let alone the small one!

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Yeah but they have D-Mo, Dorsey, and Capela (unless they traded one two or all of them). They shoulda kept Greg Smith.

4. baubo

baubo Member

If Bledsoe came with minimal health risks, I'd agree. Even his style fits with the Rockets system. But if that's the case, he'd already have gotten a max offer from Phoenix. The two year max is a hedge on his health, not his ability.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets gave a 6th man Max money when they traded for Harden, think of Bledsoe as that kind of investment by Morey. All the negative nancies need to seriously unclench, if this happens we need to trust that the Rockets have run thru all the scenarios and made decisions that are in the best interest for the team to put the team in best position to contend for a ring.

6. traveler

traveler Member

lol

They won't contend until they get a top tier PF.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rome wasn't built in a day man. There is still a lot of off season left FYI. And having a top tier player at EVERY position is very optimistic never mind reality. And is possible to develop your own players. I heard that has been known to happen from time to time.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely not.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I like this.
    We can use him as an asset and trade him in the trade dead line.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He is only available because of the health risks. Based on his injuries I think it's worth the shot as long since we have a good backup in Bev.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

trade restriction ends 30 days from when he signed his contract. so sometime in mid september.

papa's contract has to be included for a max byc deal to work i think.

bledsoe max is 14.746M, but out-going trade value is 7.383M.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

outgoing doesn't really apply because phoenix are significantly below the cap (the reason for example bledsoe monroe couldnt work is detroit's side).

13. alin86

alin86 Member

If Houston willing to give Bledsoe a max-deal (3 years, TO/non-G), which much more than Phoenix willing to give. It would not take much assets to trade for him.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

the salaries don't add up without papa in the package.

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

17. houtown

houtown Member

I would only give Bledsoe a two year deal. Still has something to prove and also keeps him hungry for more. Good for both sides. Otherwise, I wouldn't go overboard.

18. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Papa/Capela/NOP pick/Johnson for Bledsoe is a win, IMO. This way we can use Jones or D-Mo as a trade chip..

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Papanikolaou is eligible to be traded September 8th.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'm saying Bledsoe's BYC outgoing amount is irrelevant because the Suns are under the cap.