1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bledsoe for Papa (and fillers) a real possibility?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 24, 2014.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Why would the Suns trade Bledsoe for an NBA back-up from Europe who has yet to play a minute in the NBA and was more of a role player even in Europe?

2. conquistador#11

i love it when you call me greek papa,
    throw your pockets squares in the air if youse a true GM.

1 person likes this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It would be for the pelicans pick. Papa is the salary match component, without him involved we can't easiky make up the cash. Put him in, and the equation is much easier.

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This kind of trade idea of papa plus a bunch of non guaranteed contracts for a max Bledsoe max contract is the most idiotic thing.

- the Rockets refused to pay Parsons a max contract, which is 2-3 years length while Bledsoe is 4 years. Clearly in most NBA teams eyes, Parson's contract is better than Bledsoe's, at least Parsons got an offer.

- the Rockets has a chance to match Parsons contract while does NOT need to lose any extra assets, but now they are not even need to pay for a worse and longer contract but also will lost more assets?

- who the fork will take or consider papa as a major return before he plays one game in the NBA? the Rockets took a gamble with part of the reason being he can maintain the cap space and be used as a trade bait NEXT year, but now? are you freaking kidding yourself? someone will really want to trade for him?

this whole Bledsoe trade talk is as dumb as it can get.

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Bledsoe is WAY better than Parsons ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

6. cbk41

cbk41 Member

We got a steal on the Ariza deal so we can use the net savings to upgrade another position.

7. Rox4life1986

Rox4life1986 Member

lol..

8. bmd

bmd Member

Why is that funny? Bledsoe is an awesome player.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can't tell who is being serious in the last 5 posts.

10. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Whats funny?

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VohhomZgwMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Parson is not even close to Bledsoes talent level.

11. BeardFan19

BeardFan19 Member

bledsoe not worth it, ugly jumpshot, rather have dragic -_-

12. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Yes he can be traded. He was essentially considered like a drafted player signing. A perfect example is wiggins, there is a waiting period but he can be traded.

13. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

If we get Bledsoe, what assets (assuming Jones and Papa are apart of the package) would we have to trade for a stretch 4 (via TPE) if D-Mo experiment doesn't work out?

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

By what measure?

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

talent

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

17. CertifiedTroll

Dragic not an option.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We don't know that, there is still a chance Suns re-sign Bledsoe and deal Dragic. I think Bledsoe is most likely, Rondo is second most, Rubio third, Dragic 4th. Dragic may be unlikely but he's not out until we find out what happens with Bledsoe.

19. RocketsRed777

RocketsRed777 Member

Yep...He is always healthy and is a top finisher around the goal...but if we get Bledsoe I am all for it...The PG position needs an upgrade as well as PF...Interested to see TJones development this year if he isn't traded

20. iBleedRocketRed

DRAGIC would be better to me..i don't know bledoe's ceiling but i watched Dragic become an all-star last season …he is more proven at this point..dont get me wrong bledsoe i would love to have..but just think the Dragon is better...