1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bleacher Report raises that $$$

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by FV Santiago, Aug 25, 2011.

1. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

Clutch, if Bleacher Report can raise this level of dinero, then so can you! CF.net is the gold standard of internet message boards, and your forums have far more activity than B.R. It's time to put in a call to some VCs. Briefing below.

Bleacher Report, a San Francisco-based sports media website, has raised $22 million in new VC funding. Oak Investment Partners led the round, and was joined by return backers Crosslink Capital and Hillsven Capital. www.bleacherreport.com

Inspirational Business Quotes from Steve Jobs below:
    “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”

“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.”

2. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

are you talking about making money from Google adsense?

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sZHCVyllnck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/td9i6-oa4Kw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wGcZy08JHgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, I think Clutch could make a lot more money with this site, if that is the direction he wanted to take it.

DD

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Monetize this sucker. Grow the 99ers fund.

8. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

From adsense and donation clutch makes way more than Bleacher Report ;)

9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Those are loans, and my guess is that they will not be repaid. Bleacher report is garbage.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why does everyone hate on Bleacher Report?
    Sure, the stories aren't that accurate, but those articles are interesting damn it!

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BvTNyKIGXiI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

CF should charge 5-10 dollars for the ability to have a sig - not only would it raise cash, I wouldn't have to read any of those "clever" signatures 20 times a day.

Some people's sigs are embarassingly bad.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

answered your own question right there.

this site made its name by not posting crap stories, if you read it here you can be assured that there is a factual basis for what is written.

that's one of the things that make long term members proud to be here.

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

"Backin' it in, backin' it in. Fouled no call, he's getting murdered down there. Backin' it in, fakes, turns, dipsy-doodles it up and in. Haaakeeem Olajuwonnn!"

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Turn them off.

I have not shown sigs in several years and have never missed seeing them.

1 person likes this.
  16. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I did not know that was an option. Thanks.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Makes for a much neater forum read.

Occasionally you will be tempted to look when someone says "see my sig" but you learn to resist.