1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bleacher Report Articles on Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Jul 31, 2012.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1273960-updated-nba-rookie-of-the-year-odds-post-summer-league

Updated NBA Rookie of the Year Odds, Post-Summer League

Jeremy Lamb–SG and Terrence Jones–F, Houston Rockets

Two of the Houston Rockets' first-round draft picks had outstanding Summer League performances.

Jeremy Lamb averaged 20 points and 4.4 rebounds per game while shooting 47 percent from the field, and Terrence Jones averaged 18.2 points and 8.6 rebounds on 50 percent shooting. The Rockets may not be contenders next season, but Houston fans should have some hope for the future with these kind of young assets on board.

It wouldn't be at all surprising to see Kevin Martin traded in the not-too-distant future so that Lamb gets some additional playing time. With Luis Scola already amnestied and Chase Budinger sent to the Minnesota Timberwolves, Jones is already set to play a big role.

Odds: 1:9

Either one of these guys could wind up having a big year. The Rockets are a young team, and they'll be relying heavily on these rookies to start performing sooner rather than later.

2. DaneB

DaneB Member

Smartest Offseason Move

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1276957-the-smartest-move-for-every-nba-team-during-the-offseason/page/12

The Smartest Move for Every NBA Team During the Offseason

Houston Rockets

Smartest Move: Hitting the reset button

For any NBA team, finishing just out of the playoffs or just sneaking in is a terrible thing. Those middle first-round draft picks are extremely dicey, and year after year of those will keep a franchise stuck in the mud.

The Houston Rockets found themselves in that spot and decided to make a serious run at Dwight Howard. In doing so, they dumped most of their mainstays and brought in a ton of assets. When it didn't exactly work out as planned, they did their best to draft some guys with great potential.

They also brought in Jeremy Lin as the new face of the franchise. He isn't the superstar that they hoped they would land, but he and the other young guys bring with them a new attitude and a fresh start.

3. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Ooooo, bleacher report ay? My favorite! lolol :grin:

4. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

I'm betting on Lillard. They won't get enough PT anyway.

5. AFS

AFS Member

This seems more like disrespect to me. They gave Dion Waiters the same odds as both of our guys and gave Terrence Ross, Bradley Beal, John Henson and Harrison Barnes better chances of being ROTY (I agree with the other people who were given better odds like Lillard, MKG, Davis, and TRob).

6. DaneB

DaneB Member

Biggest Offseason Gambles

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1278059-power-ranking-the-biggest-free-agent-gambles-of-the-offseason/page/8

NBA Free Agency 2012: Ranking the Biggest Gambles of the Offseason

4. Jeremy Lin

While a lot of New York fans were quick to jump all over James Dolan for not matching Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin, not as many are concerned that the Rockets just invested a lot of money in a player with 25 meaningful games under his belt.

While all the Linsanity stuff was great theater and actually some impressive basketball, the Rockets took a huge risk in signing the 23-year-old. In those 25 games with the Knicks, Lin averaged an impressive 18 points and 7.7 assists a night. However, he also turned the ball over a well-documented 4.7 times per game.

Lin has a very high upside, especially off the court, where he is a marketing gold mine as an underdog tale. He also has the potential to be a good point guard in the NBA. Still, at three years and $25 million, this is one of the biggest gambles of the 2012 offseason.

2. Omer Asik

Houston's contract offer to center Omer Asik is one of the more mind-boggling deals in some time. The Rockets deemed it necessary to offer three years at roughly $25 million to a player who may not be any better than Greg Stiemsma (who is signing for minimal money in Minnesota).

Asik may have earned this contract with good postseason play last spring when he filled in for Joakim Noah in the Bulls' first-round series. He rebounded the ball very well and was his usual shot-blocking self. Still, Asik owns career averages of just 2.9 points and 4.4 rebounds per game in the NBA.

There is talk of him becoming an elite NBA interior defender, and if that is true, then the Rockets have earned the right to be the team that sees him evolve.

However, if his past two seasons and previous work overseas are an actual indication of his production throughout the extent of the contract, then the Rockets have made one of the worst gambles in the NBA this year.

7. AFS

AFS Member

Maybe you should just consolidate all these BleacherReport articles into one thread...?

8. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

ROFL. The odds he is using are either made up by him, or are off of some betting site.

Either way, lol. BR always does crap like this, and they INSIST on making slideshows so they can rack up those clicks.

Just cheap, crappy content churned out by largely uninformed people designed to generate clicks.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wow, you're letting down '99ers everywhere. I expect better from '99ers. ;)

A silly thread on Motiejunas and 2 threads from BleacherReport.

Edit: Make that 3 threads from BR.

10. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

I bet dad or mom (the 99er) left his account open and son is abusing!!! :grin:

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Meh It's Bleacher report.

12. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah no kidding. I was wondering if maybe he just emerged from a ten year coma or something, saw bleach report, and decided to start spewing new threads..

13. DaneB

DaneB Member

Things have been so slow in here and I'm getting tired of the Dwightmare crap...Figured I would put something else out there to talk about...

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha understood. Do whatever man, don't listen to me. :)

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The writers of these "articles" are as credible as any other clutchfans poster....

16. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

only positive for the pro tankers who hope for negatives.

17. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

DMo can’t play for long min; lamb is likely a backup to KM. So rockets rooks aren't going to be the top 3 on the rank list.

18. DaneB

DaneB Member

I bet this is you! haha

[​IMG]

19. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Uh... have they like, watched any games with Asik? Done any research on him aside from just his career averages? I mean, seriously?

I don't think Asik is going to be god tier or something, but he isn't a major gamble. 7 feet dudes that hustle, play decent defense, and aren't injury prone are generally worth the price tags, come on.

20. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Morey getting alot of grief in the media/twitter about the Asik signing, personally I like the aquisition. We were ALWAYS going to overpay for his services but good bigs are hard to come by and the deal is only 3 years.
    I would really like to see Asik, Howard play together. Team would have an awful hard time trying to score on those two.