1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers...what now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by UTweezer, May 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

This team that has been assembled isn't going anywhere. Should it be dismantled? What do they need? Cheeks gone? 'Sheed gone?

dissapointing man...

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sheed, Patterson, Pippen (through FA), Stoudemire will probably be gone.

I imagine them losing Pippen through FA to the lakers.

Patterson and Stoudemire are trade bait. and they'll see if they can get anything good out for Wallace b/c quite frankly, they can develop a pretty decent team around a mature Bonzi Wells and an ever growing Randolph

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Uh, Stoudamire is anything but trade bait. I don't think too many teams are excited to bring in a pot-smoking, 5 ft 10, jack-up shooting, max-contract player.

Patterson is one of those players who only 2-3 coaches in the NBA would want to bring in, because of his poor attitude.

Ditto for Sheed.

The Blazers would have to get ripped off, if they want to move Sheed. Maybe bring back Brian Grant?

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

i think they rather get ripped off than to bring these guys back. when they work as a team and put all their differences behind them, i think they're one of the top 2 teams in the league. but this team don't gel often. Stoudamire showed what he can do if he stops being ..um...stupid. a good number of teams need a PG. But I'm pretty sure that Whitsitt is going to find ways to drop some players soon.

5. x_trepidation_x

Damon as trade bait? No WAY!!!

They do need a play maker. Only if Scottie was 100% healthy. It would have been the Blazers in the 2nd round.

Trader Bob..where are you?

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

with the way they played with Randolph at the 4 and Sheed at the 3, maybe they should go with that full time (plus Wells and Anderson) and see where that gets them.

7. silent j

silent j Member

They sign Gary Payton in the offseason and they are right back in the mix next year.
    j

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sheed to tha Rockets for Moochie and a OZ...:cool:

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Doubt that Payton will sign as a FA for what the Blazers can offer.

10. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Additon by substraction I dont know who to get rid of but some guys need to go. Portland is a perfect example of having to much talent. Teams need role players its hard for teams to turn "starters" into role players in todays game. Portland got it going during the playoffs but containing all the egos for a long season has to be very stressful for Mo Cheeks he deserves better. I say everybody but Randolph and Bonzi are touchable. Portland will be a completely differnt team in the near future.

11. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

No one will want to pay Stoudamire the max. End of discussion.

Mo Taylor has as much trade "value" as Stoudamire.

12. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

What are you talking about one of those teams will be very excited to bring Stoudamire in. That team are from the city of Htown.

He would fit in nicely with his big contract, jack-up shooting, and above all his unbelievable talent for pot smoking to the Rockets they would love him. ;)