1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazers sign Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Yordan, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Fantasma Negro

For all the Melo love that espn and the nba a shoving down our throats, the team is actually getting worse, and they are entering a stretch in their schedule in which they might win four games in the next month. Not only that, Lillard and McCollum have become completely ineffective against good teams. The Trailblazers are in trouble
    [​IMG]

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure Melo has a lock on Player of the Month for December

PhilCollins, Patience, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Just Melo doing Melo things for his teams.

To this day, I still dont understand why Morey chased this guy. Basketball gods were kind to him and Melo ended up rejecting him and when finally signed, was smart enough to act quick and dump his sorry ass ASAP.

He is the ultimate loser. A statpadder that is selfishly looking out for himself only while his teams lose.

If I am playing against the Blazers, I would isolate this chump on defense every time down the court to drastically increase my chance of scoring. And on the other end it comes with the bonus of this guy jacking up shots while taking opportunities away from his more efficient teammates. You cant have a smooth team offense running in sync with Melo on the floor. Massive credit to a coach that can pull it off.

Dont forget, there is a reason that even his best buddy Lebron did not want to do anything with him on his team.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It has nothing to do with Melo other than the fact that he hasn't helped their biggest weakness which defense. The trailblazers makes the Houston defense look like the Detroit Pistons bad boys.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Watching these standing makes me angry. Rockets out here d-cking around. 3 games given away and 1 game taken away by the league! lol.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Same as last season. Rockets don’t learn from their mistakes.

slothy420 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Melo shopping for teams to retire his jersey number

GotGame15, Reeko, JayGoogle and 4 others like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

They should retire and hang a hoody instead.

GotGame15 likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Would be hilarious if no team other than Rockets retire it.

As good a farce as him winning the player of the week award lulz

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Syracuse is easier to get at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They should retire his number everywhere he has played -- people would flock to stadiums with his jersey to receive The Blessings of the Melo. Joel Osteen wants to hang one in the Summit to provide extra blessings to his congregation.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's kind of funny to see this because we can all look back at Melo's stint with the Nuggets quite fondly. He was loved there and he turned it all down for New York. Denver would have loved him even as an aging player because there is nothing like watching a superstar player play his entire career for your team and getting embedded in the city...but he just HAD to go to New York and throw that all away.

And now he comes crawling back

14. omgTHEpotential

I don't get it though. What history? What has he accomplished with the Nuggets? Should Houston retire T-Mac's jersey so that it could hang next to Hakeem's as equals?

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He did take them to the WCF and that team was a very good team he broke up.

He's basically taken them farther than they've gone since...Mutumbo? Plus, he was just a top player then.

I think it's different with Denver, they don't have much history to be proud of. Rocket fans are kind of spoiled, not a lot of championships but a lot of all-time greats played here, just in this era alone. Harden, Dwight, CP3, Westbrook, all first time HOFamers but yeah...

I went to their reddit to check their pulse and a lot of them seemed fine with the idea but the big hang up is how he demanded off the team. That just never sits well...

Reminds me there will be a lot of players in this era where it will be hard to pin them down on one team. They have moved around so much. Durant, Lebron, CP3, Dwight...I imagine Durant will get both OKC and GSW and Lebron will definitely be up for Miami and Cleveland...we'll see about the Lakers...but guys like CP3 and Dwight? They have been around so much for a superstar player. I guess Dwight has to be Orlando in the end, CP3 is harder, I always think of him first as a Clipper I guess.

I think we are at least slowly leaving the era of the mercenary superstar player.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  16. omgTHEpotential

I guess I could get behind that. That being said, since Melo was the one who demanded off the team, he should get no say whether the jersey should be retired. Dude should just be quiet and whatever happens, happens. He really needs more self-awareness.

GotGame15, Reeko and JayGoogle like this.
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Another good game for the "scrub" who isn't good enough to play in the NBA

dvi465 likes this.
  18. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Meh scoring 20 pts doesn't really mean much these days. Yesterday Jaren Jackson Jr scored 43, Buddy Hield scored 34.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Carmelo victory tour rolls on!

20. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

But this a guy who alot of you claimed wasn't even talented enough to be in the NBA. Now he's contributing on a NBA team & you're response is "meh". Seems you just don't personally like the guy lol

GotGame15 likes this.