1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blazer may fire Pritchard

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by phantoman, Mar 18, 2010.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Something is a brewing in Blazer land, it just might help the rockets to reach the play offs. Granted no one wants anything bad to anyone but, it seems that the blazer front office is having a feud of some sort.

I've always felt the last few years that the blazers as an organization was pretty classy so I am pretty surprised at the recent firing of Tom Penn.

anyways here is an article that speculates Pritchard is next to be fired.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2010/03/canzano_vulcans_are_hovering_a.html

2. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

I think no way Pritchard gets let go. He'd be hired on by another owner real quick.. maybe along with Penn in a different role. Hopefully it'd be somewhere on the east coast.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Curious and interesting situation. I think Pritchard will still be around but sometimes it's the politics that kills you.

4. LFE171

LFE171 Member

I could see New Jersey picking him up. Don't ya'll think Kiki's days as GM/coach are over?

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Stern is helping the Blazers all he can. Just look at the FT discrepancies in the Blazers last 4 wins.

Other team - Blazers
    16 - 22 (won by 7)
    21 - 37 (won by 4) Maggette wants to know why he didn't get the same calls as Aldridge.
    19 - 32 (won by 16)
    19-23 (won by 11)

Granted they are only wins against GS, Sac, and Toronto they should not get this many fouls.

Rockets last 4 games

Other teams - Rockets
    16 - 28
    26 - 23
    20 - 35 (Fast-paced Denver game and the officiating was terrible this game. They still missed a lot of calls)
    26 - 25

The Blazers have consistently gotten more calls. Brandon Roy, and LaMarcus Aldridge must shoot free throws.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Him getting fired does not help or hurt the Rockets when it comes to the playoff run.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah I'm pretty Stern is just sitting in his office thinking of plans to keep the Rockets out of the playoffs.

Give me a break

1 person likes this.
  8. superden

superden Contributing Member

Want to be DM's assistant Pritchard? :D

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Round 1, Blazers-Lakers

What should have been,

Rockets vs. Lakers rematch.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

rockets lakers would be a bigger storyline for the NBA than the blazers/lakers

the kobe/shane duel and the artest/ariza swap would be more than enough to feed the media more than a roy/kobe and aldridge/gasol matchups...had oden been around than a oden/bynum matchup would have swayed it in a por/la favor.

either way there is no conspiracy we just need portland to start losing some games thats all hopefully we can pick up some slack. losing those games against the kings and pistons really hurt us

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I can't watch every game unless it is nationally televised, but I can come up with all of the statistical evidence I need.

Things like how many FTA the Kings average per game, how many Landry gets, and how many they got against the Blazers.

I do all that and you don't want to see it because it conflicts with what you believe.

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

But the Rockets can actually take the Lakers to a seventh game. Anything can happen in a game seven. It's harder to screw someone because a lot of people are watching.

Nobody expects the Blazers to make much noise in the playoffs, but the Rockets have always been a team that has no limits.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

any arguement you make ends right there...each game is different and cannot be judge by a box score alone. if the kings AVERAGE 20 FTAs attempts a game thats what they AVERAGE... they dont always get 20 FTAs they get less and sometimes they get more depending on the game.

if portland took 30 ftas what if 3 of them came on illegal defense and 6 on last second purposefully fouling by the other team? looking at a box score cannot tell you how a game was played at all.

there is no conspiracy to get portland into the playoffs OR keep houston out

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Stay tuned.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's funny how on every NBA teams message board fans think the league is out to get their team.

Even on the Lakers message board.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

No, Lakers fans just think the league is out to get Kobe. To make him look like the second best.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think this article is inflammatory nonsense.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wow, KP is viewed so highly. If he were axed it would benefit any team in need of a KP (NJN? LAC?) and negatively impact 'Blazers IMHO. So, yeah - wow! :confused:

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

You're dumbing down the NBA dish. Please stop.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT A HIGH QUALITY BASKETBALL EXECUTIVE!