1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blatant Trash Calls Buried Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lawlruschang, May 6, 2017.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Preach on bruh.

BigShasta and francis 4 prez like this.
  2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

this is true. All you can do is Focus on what's happening now and not what just happened, missed shots/calls, The score, or anything else.

it has costed us

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I agree we getting screwed over by ref's but in your point total are you counting bad fouls in our favor?

4. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

I am only going by the blatant calls that I remember from watching. I don't think we got many in our favor tonight. We got a couple at the end when the game was already out of reach

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Is this what Coach Fizdale was talking about? I honestly don't know if it's just my bias, but I feel like we're getting rooked out there.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Time for harden and the boys to go to the strip club and shake it off

Jontro and Lawlruschang like this.
  7. lewlloydfan

lewlloydfan Member

spurs won in 99 cause the nba wanted the lame duck knicks in the finals not the pacers so stern robbed indy. in 2007 the nba robbed the suns giving the spurs another bogus title.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

I am honestly not once a team walked off the court..if I were a coach I wouldve but these people are too scared of public image, their millions and doing anything serious to challenge the league office. It's a crooked league, so either play and accept this or do something. Whining in an interview won't help, a serious refusal to play would!

Emanuele Braghetti likes this.
  9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah, you can feel it now. it's like people have complained about these 3 point fouls (which i agree are out of hand) so much that they've decided to just ignore the rules on the books now and stop giving them to the rockets, and not only that, but to give them to our opponent. i'm sure even they thought mills was on the floor but were just like "eh, close enough, take that harden." i didn't realize the refs were supposed to change the rules in the middle of the series and get revenge for their own calls they've been making all season. you know, according to the rules.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

People actually think the 3rd foul Harden picked up was legit and fairly called.

It's gotten crazy now. I almost begin to wonder if Harden is being made an example of after so many people complained about it. Pau closes out like a maniac, crashes into Harden's body, and people are going "Yeah, good call! F that guy!"

If I'm Les, Rockets, whatever, I send tapes of all the fouls Harden should have had the past 2 games and ask why my team isn't getting them.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Something the ref said gave away that it was a directive given to them, that it didn't matter that Gasol walked under Harden, because Harden made an unnatural motion. What makes that obvious, is the ref didn't say that the unnatural motion created the contact, he even admits that Gasol created the contact. Follow that rationale to its logical conclusion (for example, if i was guarding you, and you kicked your leg out, but made no contact at all with me, and then i hit your arm, you've committed the foul under that logic, ie, you make an unnatural motion, i create the contact, foul on you). That has literally never in the history of the nba been a ruling

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, it makes absolutely no sense.

Gasol's contact created the unnatural motion, because Harden jumped then suddenly had this 7 foot ostrich under him. Imagine if they never called that anymore. It would pretty much take away jumpshooting and favor the defense so much that the Grizzlies and Pelicans would turn into contenders overnight.

Never, ever. At that point, I don't know. I've never seen the defender rewarded for running right into a shooter like that. At least not enough for it to be an issue.

The fact that the ref mentioned the unnatural shooting motion does hint that they came into the game looking for it. Whining about the refs work. Tisdale proved that, Cuban proves it constantly, Phil Jackson proves it, and Pop proves it.

13. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I would think about putting Onuaku in the game early if the refs start jobbing us again in game 4. Then, have him level Kawhi to the floor for a flagrant 2. If that's the only way we can send a message to the league then that's what has to happen here. They can fine us, Harden and Les will pay for those. We need to take a firm stand in game 4 against the refs, though. These last two games have been very hard to watch because of how the officials set the tone early, they let the Spurs play bully ball inside while calling touch fouls on our perimeter guys.

I didn't have a problem with refs giving the Spurs calls in game 2 because that game was on the Spurs home floor. But, the Rockets got rooked tonight on their home floor and that's not acceptable. I won't be watching this crap for too much longer if it continues.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Let's just say Game 4 is going to be a 3-hour long "make-up call" -- guaranteed.

Lawlruschang and BigShasta like this.
  15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What makes it obvious that its a directive is how irrational the position was. Ever told someone to do something, then wonder why their version of it seems daft? Trying to please someone will do that.

The ref has been told to look for Harden's "unnatural motion" (its not really a term you would use in discussion unless you're a cop, lawyer or its been suggested, it'd be "he flailed his arm" or "he kicked his leg" or "he grabbed him" or you know, what he actually did, people don't use legalese, especially for only one party, he didn't use the "technical term" for what Gasol did....), i'm sure the nba were thinking in those "grappling fouls" or stuff like that, instead he's looking so acutely for it, if he sees it, regardless of the circumstance, he calls it that way thinking that's what they want.

16. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Does anyone have a good video of that offensive foul on Harden? Of course ESPN showed a replay of the shot that followed the ball instead of the contact on the shot.

I think one detail that has gone unmentioned is the selection of the referee crew by the NBA based on situation. Danny Crawford has always been a swallow the whistle style ref ESPECIALLY with Harden. Marc Davis is one of the few refs who actually calls offensive fouls on Harden where other refs would have called shooting fouls. There's a track record there (see the OKC game where he called an offensive foul on one of Harden's drives on an obvious reach-in by Roberson). Forte I can't recall much about his style as a ref.

What we saw in the first half was the refs clearly setting the tone and calling the game that favored the Spurs style. Harden got hit by Gasol on multiple drives at the basket without calls. Ariza drew hard body contact against Pau at one point without a call. By letting them play at the rim, it favors the team that is bigger and can play mid-range, which is clearly San Antonio. Leonard and Lamarcus are two of the best mid-range players in the game.

I think the refs called a better game in the second half with a few exceptions. Why T up Harden when he complains about a blatant missed call during a timeout? Most T's are giving for showing up a ref, so that one does not need to be called. Beverly tech was out of frustration from another obvious miss call (with a touch of unnatural shooting motion from Mills).

With all that said, I'm not saying we lost explicitly because of the refs, just that it was a tough situation that is difficult to adjust to given the way refs have been calling fouls all season long. I expect the next game will be a reffed by a crew that will call a tighter game that favors our style.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

What's the routing number?

We're Houston oil bruh. who's going to outbid us?

Valero? Lol

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The problem with those calls is the fact that they are momentum killers and momentum starters. Also affect the crowd. Make up calls later don't mean ****, damage is done.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

OP, I think there was also a goaltend on harden drive that was missed. Shitty ESPN never showed a reply.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The refs were garbage. What makes it worse was seeing Adam SIlver right there chuckling at how well the refs executed the NBA plans

Disgusting lol