1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blaming the Refs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jamer_Cramer, Apr 20, 2014.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Blaming refs is better than blaming Lin...

2. makio9

makio9 Member

It's funny. Before I came here everywhere I was reading has Portland fans saying the refs were on our side. I come here and I'm convinced we were hard done by lol

I personally saw a lop sided first half in favor of Portland 17-0 foul shots. Then the refs tried to fix it and take in advice from everyone except for just calling the game as they see it. It resulted in one heck of an inconsistent mess.

3. Andrew Wiggins

This is why posters like hmm are annoying. I argued with so many people that it was a foul, but everyone blindly sided with the refs (some because they hate cp3).Why do you guys do this? Automatically say it is the right call when you dont know the rules. That is the main problem. The fans dont know the rules so they dont know what is a foul, what is carrying (something they never called all season) etc.

You guys think the nba is stupid enough to rig a game by giving 100% of the bad calls to one team like they did to the kings. That **** opened the eyes pof many nba fans.

You give bad calls to both teams. If i put howard on the ft line and aldridge and lillard on the other side then which team wins? If i call a foul for howard when there is no contact before he gets a wide open dunk that hurts him because he is a terrible ft shooter.

I am sure 70-30 is the goal for bad calls for each game. And when the refs start calling normal fouls for us it feels like we are suddenly getting all of the calls when they probably just realized 17-0 is too obvious.

4. Andrew Wiggins

At least your team makes it to the second round. They might even take okc to 7 games and then it is anyones game.

The first round is where the rockets go to die.

5. Andrew Wiggins

Portland bro. They are idiots.

6. Andrew Wiggins

Portland fans are whiny as heck. Bunch of dumbasses, i swear. Would have much rather faced the warriors. At least their fans are cool.

Calling the game extremely tight is a nice way of saying the refs wanted extreme control of the game. Maybe they wanted to make sure the game hit the over 212 points as well.

The nba could not have gotten it any better for la and magic fans. Dwight howard loses game for rockets. The blazers used hack a howard which cost the rockets an 11 point lead with 5 minutes left. They had to get lucky on that one.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's safe to say that most of the rest of the country is rooting against us. They think Howard is a loser for leaving LA. They think Harden is a flopper. And they think Beverley is a dirty player who deserved his injury. Or maybe that's just the majority of people who post on ESPN boards.

Either way, this team needs to realize that there's no time left. They need to band together and fight back, because there's no other choice. They are clearly more talented. They have two superstars who have made it to the finals and know what it takes to get there. Put up or shut up time. Us Vs Them. Simple as that.

8. Andrew Wiggins

2 teams with the same record in the wc. It almost feels like the nba wanted to create the drama the last time they played us in the regular season by calling it like they did and making sure the game was close. They created the hate and gave a vocal fan base reason to whine about the officiating.

Sure we have the two best players, but i would rather have lillard and aldridge taking the last shot over harden and especially dwight. Both of them can create offense and if they were in hardens position they would not have choked and froze up without that step back jumper to fall back on. Outside of that he cant do anything from mid range. There will be more close games in this series and they have the better closers.

9. conquistador#11

i like the strategy where the players make a wall around dwight so he wont get fouled. =)

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'm sorry, but this is pure ignorance. The nba has lost fans because of its suspect officiating over the years. Are they the sole reasons teams win or lose? Of course not. But they have WAY too much influence on the course of games. Instead of call the game fair they make calls based off player reputation. For example, Pat Bev gets a tech for protesting a bad call. Lemarcus Aldridge does the same thing 5 seconds later ref lets him vent w/ no penalty. Same thing w/ Lopez pushing Chandler and no tech. Would dwight get the benefit of the doubt in that situation? We all know the answer to that.

11. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

We were up double digits in the 4th. Had Howard made his free throws we would have won. We shouldn't put ourselves in a position to let one bad call determine the outcome of a game.

12. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Why resort to blaming the refs when we got Lin?

13. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The refs were horrible. I´d say a little in the favor of Portland but overall they just did a horrible job:

- late whistles after seeing if the ball went in
    - very inconsistent on moving screens, just calling them at will
    - calling ticky tacky fouls at the worst moments of the game
    - missing several obvious calls. Lopez got probably 2 fouls where he didn`t do a thing, yet he shoul`ve been called on a number of other occasions. And Howard`s 6th foul? That was ridiciulous and just might have decided the whole game
    - not understanding the flow of the game at all. Let those guys play with some emotion

I am not blaming the loss on the refs. But I am blaming the refs for having a huge negative impact on the overall game.

14. torocan

torocan Member

The officiating was terrible. It's like they couldn't wait to blow their whistles in the first half against the Rockets. Then in the 2nd half it was like they suddenly noticed that the Rockets got zero whistles in the first half and were trying to do a ton of make up calls all at once.

And the double standard on the Beverley + LMA techs was mind blowing. How they give Beverley a tech for going to the scorer's table then moments later let LMA scream into their grills was a shining example of double-standards.

The worst part was it's inconsistency from side to side. I can live with the Refs going tight in one quarter then loose in the next. I get that they're trying to officiate the "flow" of the game. I'm not a fan of it, but I understand the argument. However, it should never be tight on one end and then loose on the other end.

Either let them play, or call it tight. Just do it the entire 48 minutes and on BOTH ends.

It seemed like the refs were all too eager to put their personal "stamps" on the game. And that's the problem. The game should first and foremost be about the players on the floor, not the zebras on the sidelines.

1 person likes this.
  15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Agreed. The worst part about it is the refs don't have a point system their judged by. I gurantee if they did, their performance last night is a F. How exactly does the team that shoots the most ft's in the regular season not shoot ANY ft's in the 1st half? How exactly does Brook Lopez shove Parsons in FRONT OF THE REFS, get called a tech, then it gets taken away? And that after 10 minutes of reviewing it to ice Dwight on the free throw line.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

It is called a swim move. You can swim, spin, or box your man to the baseline; "technically", all are fouls. So you want to get a foul call on every boxout? Novel idea, foul out every center. You want to know why it looks so bad? Have you not seen what centers resort to in order to box out Dwight? He puts the swim move on them, and they lose balance, fall, and it is a foul on Dwight. But it is only whistled 30% of the time when blatanly obvious. Inconsistency.

17. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

I agree with you, BUT Houston got the worst of the bad calls

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The refs favored the rockets late. I would much rather get the late calls. I think it came down to harden not making plays at the end.

19. Artestsuckskobe

Listen peasant the refs did suck... But it won't stop us in the series! It's wonderful to hear you were a fan of Hakeem! Wow! Been a fan forever! That's amazing! Refs sucked and we weren't hitting shots oh well... Effort was not the issue, we played hard, some nights just aren't your night... Also we only had 8 players play in an overtime game... Mchale needs to play Hamilton or Troy Daniels and bring on fresh legs!

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets should be blasting the refs... And laugh while Harden gets 30 FTS.

I have a feeling that we will be shooting a lot of FTS game 2..

Also F Portland fans. They complain about officiating more than anyone else. Literally there was a poster who thought we were being favoured in the first half... That's a Portland fan...