1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Black People] We Don't Hate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Feb 19, 2012.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

:)We don't hate gays.

We don't hate chinese basketball players.

The only hating problem we have usually is hating each other.

Gays: Prop 8 or whatever was overturned in CA. When it passed a certain poster tried to blame it on black voters whom were brought out for Obama. Well truth be told it was supported heavily by the Mormon Church. But aside from that nothing kills me more on this web site than when southern white males try to blame blacks for hating gays. i used to get my haircut in my hood off homestead for the houstonians in a barbershop owned by a gay who died of aids. i watched that dude die at least until the point he couldn't come work.

no one hated that guy, they all loved him. blacks love jeremy lin. its the most ridiculous topic that comes on this site. this thread is inspired by linsanity

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

sorry to bump but i meant to put this in the original post. its such a myth that yao fans in china actually believed that other players in the league hated yao

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Blacks voted 70% to 30% for prop 8, by far the greatest for of any race. You can blame Mormons, chinese whomever, but it doesn't change the fact.

Black people do tend to be kind of racist against asians or at least that is the impression I get from my black friend's parents.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is racist

5. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

you're both lumping all blacks

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no, this is often a topic on this site, i know not to make a wide assertion. on prop 8 it pretty much passed among all racial breakdown. i would look further into the black statistics, mainly how many black voters are elderly

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

lastly on prop 8, 2/3 people who claim to be christians backed it.

8. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

i should have added a smiley :p

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The paradox is that blacks are socially conservative, but race relations are the rock upon which social ideologies were split in this country. Noone needed federal troops to buy birth control, take gender out of want ads, let women get bank loans without a male co-signer or start prosecuting husbands for rape.

10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Blacks and Latinos are disproportionately anti-gay at this moment in history. There is no denying that. That is why there is such an active down-low scene among gay blacks. Arabs are also extremely anti-gay and often say, with a straight face mind you, that there are no gays in their countries.

I don't attribute any of this to race. Race doesn't cause bigotry on its own. It needs the help of religion. Ah, religion. The great hate maker.

Sorry, pgabriel, but hate the sin not the sinner doesn't absolve one of bigotry.

My girlfriend teaches at HCC. Her students are overwhelmingly minority, overwhelmingly Christian, overwhelmingly liberal in most ways (because they are poor) and overwhelmingly anti-gay.

But that's not really a black thing. It's more a Christian one.

11. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i know plenty of christians, including evangelicals, who are staunchly pro-gay marriage. to suggest christianity is inherently anti-gay is to indulge in the same sort of hate and bigotry you purport to despise.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Oh, please...

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

batman with the slammalammadingdong.

close thread, drive home safe everyone!

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Such BS.

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

No you don't.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, since you're quoting him, it depends on what "plenty" means to basso, doesn't it? Maybe plenty is 0.01 of a whole Christian.

17. amaru

amaru Member

18. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Threads like these are counter productive. You just let the likes of texx know they are getting to you. I don't see anyone apologizing for some perceived crime specific to their race (because there isn't one). Why do you feel the need to apologize for yourself? And you are not a young'n either... you ought to know better.

Did I mention I find this thread disturbing.... sheesh

19. SacTown

SacTown Member

when it comes to race, blacks like blacks and that's about it.

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member