1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Lives Matter activist claims white Jesus statues should come down because they're racist

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jun 22, 2020.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Why are people tearing him down?

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As far as I can tell, it’s little old ladies ruining iconic art depicting Jesus.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

giving new meaning to the idea of 'Muscular Christianity'

Nook, conquistador#11 and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

... that doesn't make a lot of sense.

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

White Jesus actually is promoting white supremacy. I'm atheist but I acknowledge the significance of Jesus (I mean I was "christian" through childhood) so I don't really agree with tearing down those statues; the intent of them is to promote Christianity. But the separate matter of depicting him as white is certainly white people creating him in their image...because Jesus would have almost certainly been dark-skinned, given geographic context.

CometsWin likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Actually it doesn't matter how you portray him. I think it's anti-white to tear down a statue because of the skin color being white. That's racist at its very core. There is nothing wrong with depicting Jesus with any skin tone. People obsessing over it and making statements like tearing down statues based on white people are hateful and racist. If that was a black Jesus, and not a brown one like most people guess he was, and people tore the statue down you would see this thread spiral into the dozens of pages with posts about its a hate crime and a prime example of racism. Change the skin color and oh boy, do the hypocrites come out!

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

[​IMG]

Should we burn this portrait? Because it's not accurate enough? lol

The answer is a resounding hell no. That's racist.

What about a white Jesus? Suddenly people care about history.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I normally don't agree on much with you, but I absolutely agree with this.

dachuda86 likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Look at bigotexx clutching those pearls. Somehow white Americans have deluded themselves into believing a man allegedly born in the Middle East 2,000 years ago looks like a hippie folk singer with a straight nose from San Francisco.

Here's what Jesus probably looked like. Put this statue up.

[​IMG]

dachuda86 likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You go on ahead and put the statue up. Raise the money for an artist and find a place willing to display it. No one is stopping you or anyone else from making something and actually building something of value. I am sure a ton of virtue signaling white christian groups will jump at a chance to show how woke they are. What is funny is such efforts will actually be devoid of any real value because it will just serve to help alleviate white guilt complexes until they can find some feet to wash or some other ridiculous gesture.

I will suggest that you make him a bit less dopey in expression. Give him a look of solemn resolve or something more interesting.

Also Muhamed Ali would have been against BLM. But I like that interview. lol good find.

#30 dachuda86, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  11. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Yet nobody gives a #***** about our freedom of religion being attacked along with our freedom of speech? I am a Christian. I don't go to church. I have my own personal relationship with God and I believe in most cases most religions are praying to the same God. I don't give a **** if you make fun of me for believing in Santa. The point is, in America, I'm free to believe in Santa. And you're free to not believe in Santa. Our freedoms of speech and religion are openly being attacked. Yeah, it's just a statue. But look around. There's a corrupt effort to tear down our constitutional freedoms and the American PEOPLE who are on the left are being distracted by believing Trump is the ultimate boogeyman. Put Trump aside just for one second...IF YOU CAN .... and get some perspective. Even if Trump, is your boogeyman, what happens when he's not elected. Biden is in power. The same cast that has ruled our country and society from the Bush admin, through the Clinton admin, on through the Obama admin, are back and the assaults on your constitutional freedoms ....What they just stop?? That's it? No... now that they have your buy in, they continue at a pace that WE can't stop.

If you are able to put politics aside and take a look at what is happening, I think any rational person would see this is not organic. Or there would at least be some question as to if what is happening is in America's best interest. Do you as a person want a race war? Do you want to abolish religious freedom? What about freedom of speech? Yeah, I know it's just a few statues. But we could see this coming a few weeks ago.

cml750 and generalthade_03 like this.
  12. CometsWin

I accept your admission that the white American depiction of Jesus is in fact white supremacist in nature and has nothing to do with what Jesus actually looked like because they would never in a million years pray to an image that looked like a brown Middle Easterner. Thanks.

No Worries likes this.
  13. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Most deities are portrayed in a likeness of those who believe in them. Your first sentence is ridiculous. White Jesus came from the Romans and the Europeans. I agree there is a history of oppression related to the conversion to Christianity. It's the reason I don't go to church. Your first statement: I know where you are coming from. I don't agree with the terminology. However, freedom of speech bro. I'll stand up and fight for your right to say it.

Do you think there will be an effort to ban the 'N' word? Hypothetical question. But given today's climate, it's a pretty good possibility that there will an effort to do so. Will that be okay?

14. CometsWin

Put aside the fact that the President of the United States, the most powerful man in the world, is a lying, ignorant narcissist with a third world strong man fetish and the most corrupt politician in American history who has committed numerous impeachable offenses. Is that what you're asking?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That’s grand. To think a group of people based on ignorance is knowledgable of all Republican ties.

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So black Jesus is black supremacy? Asian Jesus is Asian supremacy? You stretch too far. You just have hate for white people. Got it.

cml750 and B@ffled like this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol that's pretty good...

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

If you're able to do so and take a critical look at what's happening and ask yourself why?

Direct question to you @CometsWin : Do YOU want a race war?

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why again haven't I blocked Dashuda prior to his return to trolling here this week?

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am not very religious but i have been to quite a few beautiful churches. It would be a shame if this white dude's wishes were acted upon. Some of the stained glass is mesmerizing. He should not he calling for this lawless destruction of property.