1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Friday Deals 2014

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

This.

You can have them built into the wall with a cover that opens automatically.

Mine is built into the wall and flips open.

2. body slam

body slam Member

So what exactly should I be looking for when shopping for a TV?

My price range is in the $500 area. I'm willing to go more, but rather spend less.

3. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

How do you like the curved TV? I saw a decently priced samsung 65" 4k curved tv at Costco that I'm thinking of picking up. The same TV at best buy was $1,200 more...

4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Is it just me or are curved TVs a passing fad? I'm not sure I buy that they'll be around for long.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

they are only better if you are sitting very close to a very large screen.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Whats a good deal on a high quality 4k TV going for?

I don't even care much about size (Around 40 inches is fine), I would just like to get a really high quality picture to plays my games on.

7. Bandwagoner

I think games at 30Hz would be terrible.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I don't have one -- I was speaking hypothetically

If it weren't for sports, I wouldn't even watch tv...so I don't stay on top of tv trends

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Curved TVs are a fad. They really don't provide more viewing area. It's only good for the person who is at the focal point. Notice I said person. If more than one person is watching, it's awful unless you're cuddling together.

A good website of TV reviews is rtings.com. The Samsung H7150 is probably the best overall TV out there. Samsung's F8000, it's top-line 2013 model, is slightly better. But of course, adjust your ratings by your budget.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Do Lowes and MicroCenter do BF?

Cuddling is nice.:)

11. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

That Best Buy Wii U bundle is a killer deal. Too bad I already own the games included in the bundle. If not I would be willing to risk getting trampled just to have a shot at it. But alas, happy hunting folks.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is the quality in picture in a Samsung that much better than a Vizio?

I'm debating between the Samsung 55in UltraHD for $900 or the Vizio 50in smart TV for $500. I believe both are 240Hz. I have best buy gift card that I'm dying to use on a new tv.

And what do you guys think about that $200 Panasonic 50in? Thinking about that for my parents.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Search the set model at www.avsforum.com - nobody can give you an insightful answer here. Each model will perform differently, the brand vs brand argument isn't as strong as it used to be 3 years ago...

Typically Samsung will look better than Vizio but Vizio is a very good bargain brand. I personally feel like the Vizio hardware and polish are lacking but the picture quality is usually very good.

Panasonic used to make very good plasma TV's. The last I checked their reputation in the LCD/LED market was mediocre.

14. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I travel via plane quite a bit and in ear headphones severely irritate my ear canals. Anyone have recommendations for deals on a pair of decent over ear headphones? $100-150 price range. Primarily listen to classic rock music of that makes a difference.

15. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Dude if you travel alot do yourself a favor and get the bose qc15. Amazing on flights but yes they are expensive and absolutely worth it. Ive sat next to crying babies and you cant hear a thing. Have had them for 5 years and still work like new.

1 person likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

Sony MDRV6

Sennheiser HD-280 PRO

Beyerdynamic DT-250

Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

To add to that,

Audio Technica ATH-M50

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

If you take Ziggys advice come back and post your findings here.

I need 50"+ non-plasma for my den. Mostly sports watching, movies and some gaming.

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

whats a good printer deal? preferably one that can print photos :) I know nothing of printers and I would be suckered into buying crap

20. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Has anyone seen any deals for GoPros? I'm looking to pick one up for my parents. I don't really care about bundles unless it's just a memory card.