1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Cop Kills Unarmed White Youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anas acuta, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The illusion that the "white man" is in control of the country is poisonous idea as well. The most powerful man in the country right now is a black man for ****'s sake. Nearly all limits people have are self-imposed, it's not "the man" holding anyone down.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The difference is that society has been fully integrated since the sixties and seventies, so all rap and black media culture has done since then is recycle a fraudulent sense of aggrievance in blacks who deflect the obligation as minorities to engage and identify with majority culture and the institutions that both secure and preserve our rights in the first place.

3. Remii

Remii Member

My point is white folks (Viacom) is contributing to the "recycling of criminal behavior" as you say. And a lot of kids watched rap videos on MTV growing up (which is also owned by Viacom)... BET was a lot different when it was owned by Johnson over a decade ago.

And if you really think these rap artist are making their millions off of poor black communities you are crazy as hell.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The president is no dictator. Most of the politicians are white, CEOs, powerful people in position. Hell we just saw Sterling some NBA owner impact the lives of minorities. How long ago was that? When he was discriminating with housing, how often does that happen around the nation?

It's a poisonous idea that black people just whine and complain. White people during the Jim Crow era also thought racisim was dead too by the way. The funny thing is, no people more than black people want racism to be completely dead.

Nearly all limits are self-imposed? So life is fair then? I've thought it was universally agreed upon by most that life is far from fair.

Pretty sure that most of Hip-hop consumers are not black. Remember that Hip-Hop is a global genre now.

So when people imply that Hip-hop has a negative influence on black people I ask why is that? Why doesn't it have this same effect on white kids?

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is all a steaming pile of deflective crap, BET reinforces the same behavorially and societally contrarian ideas and priorities it always has, and rappers benefit from the "street cred" black consumption relays to white executives and escapist white fans.

6. Remii

Remii Member

This is true because they let the Jews, Asians, and other foreign conglomerates buy this country piece by piece from up under their nose...

And a majority of the middle class population are already living as chain-less slaves... Slaves to gas prices, credit cards, and misuse of the tax dollars they pay.
    It's no longer just a "color" thing.

7. Remii

Remii Member

You can have that opinion all you want _ fact remains that white folks are the ones responsible for taking rap music out the confines of the "hood" and making it popular world wide.

Those black rappers got record deals from white owned companies. And when rap music was becoming popular _ MTV lead the way with Yo! MTV Raps... Not BET.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And what happened to Sterling as a result of his statements in private to his mistress? He lost his business over it, people aren't tolerant of racism today....sort of my point.

I wouldn't argue that all or even most just whine and complain, just the failures and those who profit by selling that BS to the failures. It's merely an excuse used by those who wasted their lives. They'd rather blame "the white man" or some institutional conspiracy for their failure. It's not a black thing either, you'll find a lot of white failures who do the same. Ever heard of white people b****ing about illegals taking all the jobs? Yeah, that's a failure whining about being a failure.

No one said anything about "fair" I'm talking about limits, some have to put in more effort than others to achieve their goals, but that's not the same as a limit. There was a black man not long ago that got accepted to every single Ivy League college....

Most of what limits potential is how you were raised. Parents to more to hurt their children than any outside conspiracy or the fact that racism exists.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

And he went around as a racist for years now and wasn't even that subtle about it. My point is that there are still people out there that think like him, the past is not that far in the past. Even if it is a small % of white americans that still is a large chunk of the country considering they are the majority.

Yeah well we can agree to that. I guess I thought you were talking about when some people bring up legitimate complaints like say why are so many black people disproportionately pulled over and imprisoned for drugs compared to white people. That's not failure whining or complaining, that's a issue that does affect black people.

Yeah I'd agree with that, but that is still depending on situation. But that still doesn't excuse unfairness. Life isn't fair and some people DO have to work harder than others...it doesn't mean we just shut up about who life is unfair to.

A isolated case of racism can still ruin an otherwise good kid chance at life.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't doubt that, but that's not something that is only applicable to one race. People of all races can have that same thing happen to them and it sucks just the same.

Of course that's just a test of character in a way. Will you get bogged down in the BS or will you keep focused on your goals? There's just a ridiculous amount of opportunity in this country for anyone that can manage to stay focused on success.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good ole "Least he can do" to the rescue.

Rocket River.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Uh, no. It was white executives that pushed the gangster rap, violence, and what have you in hip hop that apparently many whites associate as "black culture". Hip hop used to have messages and social commentary when it started. It certainly didn't start out with this violent nonsense, it was pushed that way much the same way movies are more violent and sexualized than ever. Why don't you associate those things in movies with "white culture"? Why the double standard? Furthermore, it's evident that the concerted effort to push drugs into poor communities has had a devastating effect in black communities. Nothing to do with rap music. The lack of investment in these poor communities and the loss of manufacturing jobs also has had a devastating effect. Nothing to do with rap music. The nature in which education is funded by property taxes has had a cumulative devastating effect on poor communities. Nothing to do with rap music. Police departments are full of incompetent, uneducated people who sew mistrust in poor communities. Nothing to do with rap music.

Yeah, so don't be a sucker. Don't deflect the realities of poor communities of which a much higher percentage are black to bring this sucker play about rap music. Blaming the plight of people in this country on rap music is eerily similar to how white slavery apologists blame slavery on African tribes for selling their enemies into slavery. Yes, there are black rappers who made violent rap music and they were selected and backed by big money white executives who pick what music comes to market and that music was bought overwhelmingly by white kids. You want to talk about rap music and the plight of people in this country then give an honest assessment of it and not some simplistic BS bigtexxx garbage.

14. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I agree, it's a conspiracy against the black man. Its the illuminati pulling the strings to keep the black man down.

Also, in 2014 only black people experience material racism.

15. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Both of these cases are sad.

The difference is quite simple.

In Utah, the officer had a body camera on, an incident report was filed, and generally speaking proper protocol was followed after the fact.

That wasn't the case in the Brown incident. It's why the community is so angry in Ferguson. Not just the black community as the news would have you believe.

How do you kill someone and not even file an incident report afterwards?

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

"Straight outta compton" had very little radio airplay and wasn't on allowed on mtv, but it went onto become platinum. It was mostly bought by suburban white kids, but it wasn't push by "white" executives.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/92toXdu2KR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is why - it is so EASY for cops to lie and be beleived
    this guy would be in prison had it not been for the cameras

Rocket River

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/by-the-numbers-how-dangerous-is-it-to-be-a-cop

Rocket River

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh really? Do you know who Jerry Heller is? Maybe you should go check that out and come back.

20. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

You need to come back to reality. Just because I won't marry a black girl doesn't mean that I'm "extremely or outright racist." Most of my white friends wouldn't marry a black girl and they're not racist. Also, blacks are some of the biggest racist there are. I guess if I can't relate to what's it like being a minority in this country, but I stand firm that a lot if black people are racist.

In my opinion, everyone is prejudiced. We all have these preconceived ideas about race. When you hear about one of the Denny's that keep getting robbed I automatically picture the three suspects being black males. Then the news reporter confirms (or denys that)...
    When you're getting gas at night and a young black kid comes walking by, you may keep your eyes on him until he is far away....
    The young waitress may not want this next party of 12 young black folks because the last couple gave her a $5 tip...
    These simple but real life examples may not he fair, but it's what society has done to us. These stereotypes are real and it's applicable with all races. We relate to and trust people who look like us. It's a natural response our primitive brain does subconsciously. A survival thing. I think how you were raised and where you were raised have a lot to do with it.

Just wait until the history books talk about how bad his presidency was; they'll be sure to mention he's also white.