1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black Cop Kills Unarmed White Youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anas acuta, Aug 22, 2014.

1. rudan

rudan Member

But they do. They also get a lot of food stamp handouts despite being only 13% of the population. They feel like they are entitled to do anything or get anything they want based on their skin color. They don't care what people think of them, that's why some of them are protesting the execution of a crack head robber in Missouri :rolleyes:

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Don't spend too much time banging the racist cop drum if you don't want to address the sub-literate, counter-productive, prison-acculturated garbage that's been cultivated through BET for the last thirty years, especially the non-instrumental, drug-money laundering scheme known as rap music.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Another deplorable post and more generalizations. I can generalize too.

You obviously vote Republican, which means you are ignorant, have low education, and have sheltered worldviews.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't go that far, I'm sure there is something to the claims of institutional racism, but I doubt it's as widespread as some would like to believe. I think that if you look hard enough, you'll find anything you are looking to find. Confirmation bias ensures it.

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

The answer is simple. What alcohol is to be found in Utah is too valuable to waste by burning.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh great, another person that thinks rap music is the real problem here.

BET has about the same amount of garbage that most other networks.

7. Remii

Remii Member

I've seen white folks riot over losing a freakin hockey game... Lolzzzzz....!!!!

But that is the bible belt... And white folks are more calculating when it comes to showing their anger at the government anyway. Only a matter of time before one of them blows up a government building, get on a roof with a high powered weapon and start shooting up people, assassinate government officials, and or start up another armed militia.

The militarization of the police force also has to do with putting soldiers in police officer uniforms... Even the ones who weren't actually in the military are being trained to think and react like soldiers. More trained to kill than resolve conflict without the use of a gun. Soldiers can't be peace officers.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, I asserted that the influence of black media and its recycling of criminal behavior as definitive black culture for the last three decades should be considered as much as the notion of implicit persecution against blacks by white cops.

9. Remii

Remii Member

You do know BET is owned by white folks right :confused:

10. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't know how anyone can argue with this. Seems like a lot of people here either think all the problems in the black community are due to racism, and others think it's all due to "black culture." Clearly it's a combination of both.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'd consider police brutality a little more but you know what? I don't even like BET, as a black person I've not watched that channel in years. I must have been 16 or 17 the last time I even turned to BET so I don't have much love for it.

I don't know how much black media influences, I'm more of a "Art imitates Life" kinda guy.

In the case of Rap, it's people writing about their experiences mainly. Whether that is about how they used to sell drugs or how they now have a extensive car collection. There is also Rap with a message that is positive, plenty of that.

Plenty of "Black Culture" is that of being a southern baptist, gospel songs, going to church every sunday, etc etc

I hate it when "Black Culture" seems to be associated with whatever is negative.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They never acted this way towards minorities in the fifties, sixties, and seventies before the rap music and baggy jeans ruined ereythang. So true. Two Live Crew and Mars Blackmon ruined American policing as we knew it. Maybe it WAS the shoes!

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Yup... The "it's everyone else's fault, but mine" mentality will get you far in life.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He makes up a great point though. Rap wasn't even around then, it wasn't even invented.

I guess Jazz was really a problem then.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I believe black people have some justified paranoia of majority white institutions. 350 years of prior experience can do that.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Perhaps some justified, but a whole lot unjustified. It's time to let the past go and stop pretending that is the world we currently live in.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The past isn't even a full generation separated from it though, so it's not really that far back into the past.

Also, even if it is just a small percentage of white people that are racist...say 7-10%...

Blacks make up around 13% of the country, that means that still a lot of black people could have experienced it personally. There was a poll a while ago I think 2005 and I think the number was around 70% of whites had no issues with interracial marriage. Granted, 2005 is almost a decade ago but that still is around 20% of white-americans that have a problem with interracial dating and thus are most likely extremely biased/prejudiced or outright racist. That means there could be more racists white people in the USA then the entire black population.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There are racists of all races out there....there's a ton of them, that's no reason to have a victim mentality and to develop a binary white/black conflict world view. I'm sure most people have felt racism of one kind or the other, that doesn't mean the world is out to get you.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It is owned by a public company with shareholders, managers and executives of probably every race, and there's really nothing more idiotic and counterproductive than identifying global, multinational organizations or institutions by an individual social or ethnic group. But like every media outlet on the planet it formulates its product and operations on maximizing consumption from specific demographics, so it is fully shaped and managed by black producers and artists. It was also founded and owned by a black cable executive for twenty years before being bought by Viacom, I honestly don't know what your ******* point was in mentioning this.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Still doesn't change a word of what I said though.

Yes there are black racists out there, but they aren't the ones who are in most part in control of this country and likely represent a smaller % of the American population.