1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Black chick arrested cuz of white boyfriend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, Sep 14, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

inflammatory headlines. cops got a call about a black hooker with a white guy in the area. the couple matched the description and was asked to show ID. they didnt. what else are cops supposed to do at that point?

sounds more like actress is butt hurt that they didn't recognize her.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

wait whut? really? and now the cops gonna get disciplined because of this bs? r****ded.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, the cop was responding to a 911 call about 2 people fitting their description having sex in the car that they were in, because of that there was reasonable suspicion, thus they had to produce ID or be detained. The guy wasn't an idiot and just forked his ID over and had no trouble, the female refused so she was cuffed till she changed her mind. The officer was absolutely operating within the scope of their power. I'm not usually on the cop's side in these things, but in this instance it was just a female playing kid games. Had she just produced her ID the cop would have probably just told them to leave and not have sex in the park again and that would have been that.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Did anyone else think that the cop sounded like H. Jon Benjamin (Archer and from Bob's Burgers)?

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

What video did you see? I cannot find what you're talking about. I've seen almost all the Bob's Burgers. :eek:

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Lol, "I'm mildly interested that you have a publicist." There are many cases where the cops are being racist bastards, but this isn't one of them. That audio just makes her come off as waaaayyyy high maintenance and crazy. "My dad would like to talk to you...he's on speaker phone."

8. VanityHalfBlack

As the saying goes, "Get a room, you two."

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The cop was actually awesome, giving her some good one retorts. He deserves a medal.

She's a nutbag.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The ridiculous rhetoric in the headline claiming cops were trying to "kidnap" the girl made me look into the story more and it seems like this is possibly another example of someone reacting poorly to police and escalating what would be a fairly straight forward situation. Why innocent people run or attack cops when confronted is beyond me.

The Galveston Police are pretty notorious for using excessive force, but unless the cop is lying, and his account sounds a lot more plausible than the "kidnapping" rhetoric, then it was just a case of someone reacting poorly to being confronted by police.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Seriously, I've listened to all those audio recordings multiple times because of Sgt. Parker's wonderful voice and great retorts. There's so much comedy in these recordings.

He truly does deserve a medal for his professionalism and wit.

15. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hilarious!

1 person likes this.
  16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How often is all the time? I can't speak for how often it happens to other people, just that it can happen to anyone. I don't say that to trivialize the issue, but to recognize that in individual cases, racism may not be behind it.

Edit: Just listened to the audio and read the reports. Definitely looks bad on her. Seems like she was threatening the officer.

#116 juicystream, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What the hell are you rambling on about? Is it just your general self-pity or are you still claiming that she was right, after listening to the audio? Check the tmz link, then please come back and tell me if you think she was right, just because she happens to be black.

Then again, nothing surprises me, you probably still think OJ didn't do it, or if he did it, it was right that he walked anyway.

2 people like this.
  18. Major

Major Member

There's a lot of inflammatory nonsense in that article, but to be fair, even if the cop's version was accurate, it's not unreasonable or even inappropriate for a 12 yr old girl right outside her house to run away from a strange adult that comes up talking to her, even if he has a shirt with "Police" on it. Otherwise, that would be a pretty good kidnapping technique for predators.

And regardless if she did try to run, it doesn't explain the injuries or why they would have still taken her if the cop realized, at the scene, that they messed up and talked to the dad and found that she was his daughter. Or why they would then re-arrest her afterwards despite knowing that they had been in the wrong.

The examining physician found that the girl had injuries from multiple blows to the head, face, neck, lower back, left shoulder, and left hip/waist area. She suffered a contusion to the back of the head (where she was struck with a flashlight). There were abrasions on her arm and wrist. Dymond’s throat was swollen; she had difficulty swallowing, nausea and vomiting, and hoarseness of voice due to being struck in the throat. She had black eyes, scalp lacerations, tenderness of the vertebrae. She was experiencing double vision and loss of hearing. Dymond’s ear drum and nose were also injured (blood in ear, bruised nasal septum, and nose bleed).

When she finally healed enough (physically) to return to school a horrible surprise was waiting for her. Police showed up to Austin Middle School and arrested Dymond for resisting and assaulting a peace officer. A twelve year old girl!

19. Nook

Nook Member

Sometimes it is not a good idea to jump to a conclusion as it actually undermines the legitimate claims of racism or wrong doing.

The story was written by the media, with a clear agenda and with only input from one side of the equation. The media wants "hits" and racist cops with a black hollywood actress and her white husband equals enormous hits and a big story.

Now there are supposely people claiming that the couple was having sex in there car and the officers received a call to look out for an interracial couple that had just recently had sex in their car.

Where do most prostitutes turn their tricks? In a car.

We still don't know everything that happened, and I am apprehensive to jump to a strong conclusion.

Still this thread is caked with people reading their own pre-conceived opinions into a situation that was not well defined.

1 person likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, she was just a kid reacting like a kid. I don't blame her for her actions, she was scared and in all of my dealings with the Galveston Police, they've been assholes. I was just saying that she exacerbated what should have been nothing more than a misunderstanding that would have been quickly resolved.

Once she attacked the officer it was no longer a misunderstanding and became a criminal arrest instead of just a detainment for ID. Honestly the cops should have just let her go once they realized what happened, but again, Galveston cops are assholes and technically she did commit a felony.

I think the larger problem is how people react to cops when they have to interact with them. A calm, cooperative demeanor goes a long way.