1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bitmain will be a Rockets sponsor for 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I'll add my two cents to this...

I'm Chinese (American, but still) and been living and working in China for a long time. The Central government really, truly does not care for it's people. From shitty traffic laws that cause already terrible congestion to become worse, to encouraging and supporting the worst type of people and businesses (and corruption), there's a lot of crap that goes on here that wouldn't fly almost anywhere else.

But the reason I'm staying is because there really is a lot of untapped potential here, and a lot of opportunities to make life better for me and my family back home.

It's kind of weird, but most of the Chinese folks I'm friends with are definitely more supportive of the American traditional values than those of the PRC, though of course those opinions would never be shown by the US/Chinese mainstream media. They know their freedoms are being restricted, and pretty much everyone I know has a VPN to bypass the firewalls.. to watch p*rn, if nothing else :p

Oh, and I know lots of folks that love the Rockets, which is a plus, though I've been seeing a lot of Warriors bandwagoners recently and they can **** themselves.

But anyhow, Bitmain, Didi, and a lot of those huge Chinese companies tend to be kind of unethical in terms of business and treatment of it's employees, so IDK how to feel about the Rockets partnering up with them. But they do have money, and lots of it, so for the sake of the team I won't complain too much.

2. MultipleSauces

Is Yao Ming disgusting ? He owns businesses in China . He is part of the government . He supports China .

By the way , do some research on the opium wars . England and America and the European countries smuggled opiates into China and made huge profits and created an opioid crisis .then they divided asia amongst themselves.disgusting right?
    LOL take it to the dnd

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Thank you for chiming in. I do not live in China but have had to spend extended time there over the last decade and my observations mirror yours.

Yung-T and Roomba like this.
  4. MultipleSauces

Totally dnd topic but perhaps those who control the world banks also control the Chinese govt? Communist countries create artificial cheap wages , let pollution run rampant , and conveniently the Chinese people get the blame . Media conspiracy .... so bitmain linking up with a major sports team (the league is owned by The Man) could theoretically be collusion of these shadowy types that do shady things like having enough clout to take over the crypto game. Also all pro sports are rigged and points are shaven with impunity..

5. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

you sound a bit behind the times tbh, crash doesnt have much more room to go, might already be over

6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

**** you

D-rock likes this.
  7. MultipleSauces

And then people will “invest” in more crypto and another bubble will burst , all over again.. the ponzu scheme (yes ponzU)

8. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

easy to say in retrospect

BigggReddd likes this.
  9. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

yes it will be repeated bubbles, but there shouldn't be quotes around "invest" - take a look at the companies that are working with Ethereum: https://entethalliance.org/members/

10. Nook

Nook Member

Hey if you support the suppression of human rights by the Chinese government against their own people... you are disgusting.

If you support a man naming himself dictator for life of billions of people... you are disgusting.

If you support the business practices of corporations exploiting Chinese workers with the support of the Chinese government... that is pretty damn disgusting.

Really, if you support all of that... then I take your “**** you” as a compliment because I want nothing to do with you.

D-rock, Little Bit and Wulaw Horn like this.
  11. MultipleSauces

American companies routinely exploit their employees as well . And our government routinely f*cks over our own people as well. Two sides of same coin brother

JW86 and Space Ghost like this.
  12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Allegedly profitable? Lmfao.

They are extremely profitable, and that’s not even a question. They are also extremely unethical, as ASIC miners centralize decision making regarding bitcoin protocol; the explicit opposite of the goal of all crypto.

Many coins are actually forking (writing new code) to become ASIC resistant, and those coins are rapidly gaining market share on bitcoin.

To answer your question, a pool is a group of people mining(solving equations) as one. If they solve the block, they split the reward among all participants.

This is to smooth out volatility of returns. Winning 25 coins once every 88 years is nice, but consistently winning tiny amounts is better.

The host of the pool ensure continuity, and takes a small fee off the top of the reward block as a fee for doing so.

The larger your pool is, the faster it solves blocks, and the more often you get a fee for winning. Since a pool operator take a % of the reward block regardless of how many people are mining the pool, you are incentivized to grow in size, regardless of efficiency.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You realize every financial market in existence goes through bubbles constantly?
    And I don't think you understand what a ponzi scheme really is, having bubbles in a market doesn't mean they are a ponzi.

If you think the whole crypto and Blockchain market is a ponzi with no intrinsic value, you probably never bothered to look up the technology and what kind of companies and governments are working together with crypto projects.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

But have you heard of the most devious former Rocket, Ponzi Wells? :D:D

15. blackistan

blackistan Member

We need a sponsor who'll get us some new jerseys....still going on the same damn jerseys since 03

Nook likes this.
  16. Fantasma Negro

So does this mean we'll be getting a Roxcoin that we can use in the rockets shop and at concessions?

17. MultipleSauces

YOure right bruh, I’m no crypto currency expert. And yes financial markets go thru bubbles all the time. That being said , I have the the mind of hustler . When something seems to good be true it usually is . Doesn’t it seem suspicious at all how the “inventor” of bitcoin just disappears and takes an unknown amount of coins with him ? Seems like a pump and dump scheme. It’s not exactly a Ponzi scheme that’s why I said ponzu lol .. fact is , people who are late to the crypto game are suckers . The ones who started it get the “extreme” profits.like a multilevel marketing scam . Also, the intrinsic value of blockchain I understand it but what about the cost in electricity ?

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Mark Cuban just decided to donate $10 millions for females leadership programs.

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Wait, why is this relevant?

20. omgTHEpotential

I assume it was a joke. Mavs got fined 10 million for sexual harassment.