1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bismack Biyombo

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by aicedo, Apr 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Convictedstupid

Agreed on the last part. Need to take this kid with the 14th pick.

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Also 'Htown2k' we have two 1st rounders if height is that much of a concern to you we could draft Lucas Nogueira who's a legit 7'0 (w/shoes), if you want a reference to his height, see him stand next to Dwight Howard.

[​IMG]

His raw, given that his still 18yrs old, so if we draft him we would probably keep him overseas for further development or send him to the D-League. But the kid has a frame to become a defensive monster. His athletic, runs the court, hustles at both ends, blocks and alters shots, and finishes plays at the rim. Also measured fantastic at 7'0(w/shoes)/ 7'5.5 wingspan/ 9'3 standing reach. His ceiling could be a healthy Andrew Bynum...

3. Htown's2kFinest

I watched the 2nd video of him and liked what I seen. He does seem to have a good motor.

I wouldn't mind at all if he drafted him 14th. We need to stock up on centers. Even though the next offseason will have some good FA bigs, never know if we'll be able to land one.

4. anchel

anchel Member

http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonlive/2011/04/bismack_biyombo_is_a_rising_st.html

He plays in the spanish league, so I know him a little bit. To be honest, I only watched him 2 games (one of them against Real Madrid, a F4 Euroleague team -watch the youtube highlights-, so I repeat, a little bit.

But in my opinion, he has the tools to play perfectly the PF position. Has the quickness, the feet to defend even guards, and the touch to develope a good shot. The rare thing with him is that he's not the typical african project who was brought to Europe super raw, with no coordination/no sense of the game, etc. He's member of a very good family, he has been playing basketball for years (it's not like he started almost yesterday and doesn't know anything aboutt he game). He's a lover of the game. He understands the game probably better than Jordan Hill already.

He's been playing good minutes in the spanish league (best national league of Europe) at just 18 y.o. Everybody on his club talks very good about his maturity, his education, his smartness and work ethic.

What I think that makes him intriguing thinking in a GM, is that he can be more player than the typical physical specimen. He's obviously very raw thinking in NBA post moves and that stuff, but like I said, he already understands the positionating (basket IQ), he has a great motor (Patterson style), and people in Fuenlabrada who spent hours working with him when he still wasn't with the ACB team, talked me good about his coordination with the ball on his hands, his decent shooting touch (has improved a lot in the last 2 years), and his overall feeling for the game.

He's a very serious guy, very coachable and really loves to play basketball.

[He has had days in Fuenlabrada practicing in the morning and the afternoon with the LEB team, and in the night with the EBA team. But after this session, he still stayed on the court trying to improve is game, at 11.00 pm. Having passed already probably around 6 hours on a basketball court during that day. Apparently he never gets tired.]

Definitely a pick to consider for the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  5. anchel

anchel Member

DraftExpress: People scratched their heads when I put Bismack Biyombo in our top-20 in January. Now the talk around Portland is he's a lottery pick.

6. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The worry now is, he moves into the top 10. I'd love to be able to draft both Bebe and Biyombo with our 2 first round picks. Stock up on young, big, talented players, can never have too much athletic size.

7. favhr#12

favhr#12 Member

He reminds me of Mutombo

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Oh, come on. This guy has got major springs and major quickness.

9. jopatmc

Video:

http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonlive/2011/04/bismack_biyombo_is_a_rising_st.html

<object id="flashObj" width="486" height="412" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=895403882001&playerID=634637905001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPmbRFdk~,-M7WdMAfPDp6IiDevQndhF6ZztJPMgEn&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=895403882001&playerID=634637905001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPmbRFdk~,-M7WdMAfPDp6IiDevQndhF6ZztJPMgEn&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" swLiveConnect="true" allowScriptAccess="always" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is he eligible for this years draft?

11. jopatmc

Yes. And if we are going to draft a teenager, this is the teenager we should go after. That kid from Brazil, he's not ready. He's got 4 years of development ahead of him. This kid here, he's already got an NBA body. He can already bang. And he's got that aggression. That Brazilian kid don't got it. This kid here has the potential to actually play some minutes in the right situation as a rookie and he's got Olajuwon type potential because of his quickness. A big man teacher like Dawson working on his footwork and post moves could really make something out of him. And when you listen to him talk, he's not a lame brain like Hill. I could envision a center/power forward combo of him playing alongside Patterson. That's a couple very mobile, very athletic bigs that would work hard, and could develop into something special.

However, I have a feeling he'll be gone before we pick.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Was that Noguiera out there as well?

13. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

You seem to be an intelligent guy Rocketblaze.:)

14. Rockets_4_life

Yes...

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm diggin into this guy and it seems there's speculation that he's not really 18. He's from Africa and they are notorious for shady birth records.

He's a risk but worth a 2nd rounder

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He'll be a 1st rounder for sure. We'll be lucky if we can get him with our late 1st round pick if not the lottery.

17. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

In regards to questions of age, I wonder if team docs do bone scans for young prospects to see if they'll grow more. It takes a quick glance at whether the ends of his carpals/metacarpals in his hands are fully calcified to estimate his bone age.

This guy looks great anyways. Length and quickness on defense would do wonders for us. If he has shooting touch as anchel said, CD training could really create a star. Sign me up!

18. anchel

anchel Member

http://www.eurohopes.com/news/1284/eurohopes-in-the-nike-hoop-summit-days-1-2-first-sensations/

Interview

19. nwcougar1

nwcougar1 Member

If we want a true 7' center who can play defense then we need this guy:
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/lucas-nogueira

He's much more mobile, he's athletic, he plays better defense, and he has a trmendously long wingspan. Just put some weight on this 18-year-old kid and he can be a legit center and shot-blocking machine. Reports suggets that he is better than Nene at his young agae, and Nene ain't bad at all.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The way this kid is playing now, he is bound to shoot up in the draft. Question is, will he be able to get into the lottery come draft day? Does anyone think this is possible? I do.