1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billups will become unrestricted free agent July 1

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Luckyazn, Jun 25, 2007.

1. BigAssBear

BigAssBear Member

I hope he stays out East, we don't need anymore Western teams getting better... it's hard enough out here.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I could actually see the Lakers trading Bynum and Brown for Billups in a sign and trade. I could see the Mavs trading a contract (Croshere?) and Harris. All contingent on Billups flexing some leverage. Hell, I guess he could go anywhere if he pulled a Kobe.

3. therox3

therox3 Member

Everybody relax. Chauncey is staying in Detroit. He just wants more money.

4. Top Geezer

Top Geezer Member

LOL...I hate how NBA players always use that "long term security" argument...You know, in some cases where a player plays well but is under contract for the league minimum, I can definitely understand that point of wanting "long term security"...But in Chaunceys case...He's been making millions in the last 4-5 years and is set to make another 7 million next year...So I don't understand how that does not provide long term security for his family already...If just wants more money or thinks he's worth more money then just tell it like it is...Gilbert Arenas did tit that way and said it was a business move...

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Giving up Bynum for Billups would be insane. Chauncey showed his age in the playoffs. Plus his new contract is supposed to be ~4yrs/$60MM.