1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bills after Owen Daniels???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bag0b0y, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

read from another blog..

I am not sure how to post this.......the Houston Chron writer has been doing a live chat from the combine and he stated this at the end of it.

Quote:
    Quote:
    11:45 John McClain: A little bird leaned in over my right shoulder and just told me the Bills may come after Owen Daniels. Revenge for Bill Kollar?

this is NEWS and it is from a credible source....a newspapaer writer.....remember owen will be tendered and probably at its highest (1st and 3rd)....would they make that move???

2. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

u read this on footballsfuture.com forums huh?

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

4. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

No way Buffalo would give up a first and third for Daniels. If they did, as much as I like Owen, I'd let him walk.

5. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

yeah, that was the forum.

6. TheBigAristotle

Throw in Edwards and those picks, done deal.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

They can come after him, but what we'll get in return is at least as good.

Mcclain is at the combine right now, where rumors fly rampant. It was probably someone in the Buffalo media that told him that because maybe it was mentioned somewhere by a scout that he was available and they should might look at him.

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I ordinarily read what a sportswriter says and roll my eyes. John McClain is a different story. That guy is incredibly knowledgeable.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

a 1st and 3rd for Owens? Bye Bye gimme those picks.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

why would you give up a pro-bowl tight end for 2 unproven players? I wouldnt, especially when the current team is this close to the playoffs.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Picks are extremely valuable in the NFL, especially 1st rounders. I like Daniels a lot but I don't think you'd find any team that wouldn't trade their TE for a 1st and 3rd rounder (Gates maybe but I think even the Chargers would do that).

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I know but a lot of picks also don't work out in the nfl. I guess I just wouldn;t risk a giving up one of the best TEs in the game for an unknown.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'd prefer they sign Daniels long term. He's already a Pro Bowler and is only going to get better. I love watching him play. He always tries to get a shot in on the guy attempting to tackle him and always seems to make the big play when necessary. He's quite possibly the top draft pick the team has ever made when you consider draft position vs output.

14. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We're talking about Owen Daniels here, not Andre Johnson.

Owen Daniels was a 4th rounder. I'm sure we can find another good TE with the picks we get for him.

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep. Got Slaton in the third of course. This regime has drafted really well..jury is still out on Amobi tho.

First and third is more than enough for me.

16. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

think the cowboys would trade away jason witten? they do have big mouth bennett., but i'd think you'd have to give pause... daniels otoh, bye bye.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

How close? 8-8 close?

That doesn't seem very close to me, too many holes to fill on the team to say that they are 'so close' to the playoffs. Just my thought.

18. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

We do have a couple of holes to fill, but I honestly think one more solid pass rusher could be huge for us. The offense is good, though they could get better. With that second efficient rusher, the pressure goes up tremendously. That makes the secondary stronger and the D as a whole is much improved.

If our D improves that should at least give us one or two more wins. Add to the fact that this year we have the NFC West. We have to do a better job against the division teams, but this past year showed me that we might be very close to that.

I'm optimistic.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Talk to the Dolphins about filling holes after they went from 1-15 to the playoffs in one season.

Add a couple more players, a couple more breaks here and there, a few less turnovers and we're at least 10-6 and sniffing the playoffs at least. We competed and had a chance to win in all but one game (Pittsburgh...maybe two if you count Oakland) last season. It's not like we were getting railed every week.

Of course this is also true of 3/4 of the league, and that's the beauty of it. You can go into any given year and end up making a run deep into the playoffs.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

As much as I love Daniels, a 1st and 3rd is too much to pass up...that would be awesome. Throw in the 4th rounder from Rosenfels...

And all of a sudden, we have two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, two 3rd rounders and two 4th rounders.

7 picks in the first 4 rounds! :eek:

With the way this regime has drafted, we could easily be looking at 3-4 pro-bowl caliber type players out of those 7 with at least 2 others that are solid contributors.

Talk about filling those holes.