1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Billboard with a Dummy on a Noose Shocks Las Vegas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DFWRocket, Aug 9, 2012.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

2 similar signs in Las Vegas..apparently put up in the middle of the night by "vandals". Yes, I believe this is in horrible taste. I'm actually shocked that the Occupy movement didn't condemn this, but instead defended the signs.

http://news.yahoo.com/billboard-dummy-noose-shocks-vegas-drivers-152639429.html

from the article...

While nobody has publicly claimed responsibility for the signs, the Occupy Las Vegas group, which is affiliated with the larger Occupy Wall Street movement, posted photos of the displays on its website. Its caption says the Nevada governor's budget has slashed social programs and aid to suicidal adults.
    Sebring Frehner, an Occupy supporter who posted the photos, told The Associated Press he didn't know who put the hangmen up, but applauded the message behind it.
    "People saying it's in bad taste are living sheltered lives and don't pay attention to what affects the working class," he said.

[​IMG]

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I somehow doubt you'd be laughing if that was Obama on that noose.

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

...and we've now found out from emails that the Obama White House was in close coordination with the Occupy movement and protected them from prosecution... Another Obama deception uncovered...

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The lies and endless web of deceit continues to grow by the day!!!!!

Amurica!

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

You need to step up your game. You're starting to sound like thumbs.

7. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

How were they in close coordination? The emails you refer to are the GSA telling DHS not to enforce the curfew and no camping at Terry Shrunk Plaza in Portland. How does this prove coordination with the Occupy movement? If you read the emails they are almost all law enforcement communications. This is total right wing nutbaggery. Cherrypicking at its best.

Whats really crazy about these emails is how much intelligence they were gathering on the movement. Another thing I learned was that DHS has a "National Biosurveillance Integration Center". That just sounds scary.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/102286080/1527-Final-Part-1#page=83

On page 85 Rober Peck writes:

"We are trying to be flexible, cognizant at the same time of first amendment rights to petition and our need to protect property and access to Federal buildings."

Why do you think this is coordination with Occupy? This is the kind of statement I want to here from a federal employee. Protect the 1st amendment and protect Federal property.

8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

The emails are damning, but they are just the tip of the iceberg. I have a business associate in Chicago that told me that Axelrod was personally directing Occupy's actions. Bookmark this post -- it will come out and when it does please return and give thanks/rep.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

From the thread title, I thought of lynchings. From the photo, it's pretty obviously referring to suicides. Lynchings would have been bad form. Somehow, referencing suicides is okay.

Of course, it is still vandalism.

10. mc mark

Is that the same associate that told you about Larry Sinclair?

11. thadeus

I prefer to call it "appropriated advertising." If you are prevented from acquiring access to the eyes and ears of the public, then you have to acquire that access on your own.

12. thadeus

I wouldn't much care.

Of course, the difference is that this isn't a particular person hanging from the noose. It's one thing to have a symbolic representation. It's another thing to have a literal representation of an actual person.

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does he have a copy of the "whitey tape"?

14. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

The stench of desperation is strong with this one.

15. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

No, although he thinks that the murder of Donald Young will somehow work its way into the conversation in September. Google it. Trinity United's former choir director and close friend of "Obama".

16. mc mark

LOL!!! Keep em coming Jorge.

17. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are blow jobs and crack involved?

18. mc mark

Accusing the President of murder didn't help you in 1996 with Bill Clinton. It won't work in 2012.

get some new material

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Thanks for the Google suggestion. I lol'd. Espicially at this comment after the linked article.

Link

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

TJ going all ToyCen. Sad...