1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hancock.corey, Jan 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Bill Worrell doesn't drink from everything I've heard

2. stingray88

stingray88 Member

Im not commentating on games either. Thanks grammar poilce.

3. stingray88

stingray88 Member

Dick Stockton is considered one of the most famous basketball announcers. He announced pretty much every important game in the 80's. I remember him announcing all the Celtics Vs Lakers finals matchup. Man I feel old.

http://www.sportsstarsusa.com/php/featuredartist.php?id=734

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This sounds more like a thread about me.

Let me guess, the legal secretary at my job ratted me out?

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

He is the conquerer of clutchfans' mothers

6. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

That's right! He messed with my Mama at UH and my Mama told me he is the only Cooger alumni to ever paint her face!

7. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Lol. I love Gene and Jim, too. I kind of feel bad because back when I did not really watch the games online, I would always listen to them with Gene and Jim, but now I always watch them online with the FSN crew, I feel bad. I wish there was a way I could synchronize Gene and Jim so I could hear them while watching the game online....

8. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Also, I love Bill and the crew and that was a funny comment about us having small guards. It is a pity that Gene and Jim are retiring. Hopefully the last game they commentate on will be the NBA FINALS!!!

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

lol, so wrong. I wish I could find that post again.

10. kookoo4tofu

kookoo4tofu Member

I've always loved Worrell, but I have to agree w/ the OP. I'm sitting here watching the Seattle vs Hou game and hes already called the wrong names on at least 3 players...and its not even halftime! i wonder if bullard tells him during time outs that he's messing up! i wish the best for him though...hopefully its nothing serious

11. Matador

Matador Member

Can someone please tell Worrell to never again call Luis Scola the Big Manu? I can't stand that.

12. wazzupmane?

wazzupmane? Contributing Member

I like worrell because he speaks his mind during a game just like a fan. every game when we start slow he blames the starting unit mostly hayes inability to spread defenses, rafer's shooting, and shane's inconsistency. like many of us, his starting line up would be brooks, scola, yao, tmac, and shane/bonzi. his bench would have landry first then bonzi. its a shame that adelman sticks with van gundys starting line up, and when we do have an offensive line up during a game someone always seems to miss shots, and adelman can say I told you so.

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

First, when you get older it is common to develop difficulty with pronunciations and names. If someone hypothesized alcohol becasue of this, then 80% of all seniors are drunks.

As for arsehole, I could very well be wrong but it's difficult to imagine someone with Bill's excellent sense of humor as a curmudgeon.

He's a fantastic in his job; it's such a relief when you hear his voice on League Pass instead of the other team's announcers.

And as for Clyde... someone please help us...

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Worrell is a legend. Anybody who doesn't like him is just mad that Bill banged their mom. True story.

15. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

Damn right.

If you don't have League Pass you don't deserve to complain about Bill. Between him, Gene and Jim, the Rockets have about as great a TV/radio combination as any team in the league.

16. jc1988

jc1988 Member

i thought only Chinese take offense when people bang or have the intention to bang their mom...

guess that's universal...

17. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

why? it is what it is buddy ;)

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

You havea lot to learn!
    Firstly fornication and the desire to fornicate with someone who is not united with you in the same flesh is a SIN.

Animals do it all the time. We are supposed to be higher than an animal.

To-day most people ignor this fact and will face the consequences of their ignorance in their after mortal life.