1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell has got to go.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lightningferron, Apr 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Gogi is a natural combo guard, and he is not good at making teammates better.

2. scottie brooks

Bill is the best! He stays! He is all we have left of the murphy years. He is even a UH Cougar!

3. acjeitherocket

i like bill...

GET RID OF CLYDE

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

You would be whiny too if you covered your team's games and watched em choke away the season. 8 must win games.. Our record.. 1-7.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He sounds like a frustrated fan, thats all it is...

6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

He's a huge homer/fan. I don't like that. I wish he was more calm and objective and they hired a color commentator that could be more of the homer.

As it is now, it gets really annoying when Bill and Bull are whining non stop or to hear Bill arguing with Clyde on air.

7. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Bill must've porked all you haters' mother or something. He's a diehard Rockets fan and I wouldn't want anyone less. CLYDE however... Dude has GOT to go.

8. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I like Bill. He's pretty good at what he does. I do wish, however, that he would spend less time complaining about officiating. NBA officiating is pretty bad, I will admit, but it's a waste of breath to whine and moan about it as much as he does.

9. Toothless_Texan

who the hell is Bill Worrell? a coach? a player? an imposter? come on give the guy a break .. he is an old fart with the glasses falling off the face dude that likes talking about things

1 person likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Bill Worrell is a Rockets icon. GTFO of Houston if you seriously want to kick him out.

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

My feelings as well. That man is the voice of my childhood.

12. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

And while we're at it, we should give props to Bill Brown and Jimmy D...even Larry Dierker from back in the day. Throw in Gene and Jim (even Mark Vandermeer to a certain extent), and you quickly realize how lucky we are to have broadcasters that are 100x more loyal to our teams that these fickle kids...in one of the worst sports towns in the country no less.

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Getting hired by a team, paid to call a Rockets game, and making the games watchable for fans is being a homer??..... Only people thatshould have a problem with the great Bill Worrell are season ticket holders......because they dont watch the games on TV like some of you ungrateful TV watching, couch potato whiners,,,

14. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

yea let clyde take over!

15. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

Y U NO CLOSE THIS STUPID THREAD? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

16. albuster

albuster Member

Mr. Worrell is one of the best in the league. Turn your frustrations on the real culprits for the teams' performance during the past several years but leave him alone.

17. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I watched the first half of that Rockets/Suns game on ESPN, got really bored with it and switched back to local...even with Clyde mucking it up Bill still carries that broadcast

18. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Bill is good, you are annoying.

19. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

what would it take to bring back Calvin?

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I support Bill. Clyde is too zoned out. Calvin was fun, but I thought Van Chancellor really knew his stuff.