1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bill Simmons] The Red Hot NBA May Be Going Away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Jun 10, 2011.

1. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

You guys really love your mediocre players. On one hand you complain about your team, on the other hand you don't want to trade role players for an All Star. It is easy to criticize Bosh's play in the finals when your players have zero chance of making it that far.

2 people like this.
  2. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

You really love to waste your time and interact with fans that root for another team. Why do you even have an account on this forum? Let me guess, the Grizz are paying you the same amount of bonus they paid their assistant coaches to scout thabeet's progress? Or, is it because the memPhis forum is usually inactive every year by April that you have no where else to talk playoff but here.
    You have no right to talk about us choosing players when the grizzs are the ones that spent 3 top 5 picks that none of them are better than the one they traded to us- Kyle Lowry. If the Rockets got 3 top 5 picks we probably would be a contender for 8 years. Unlike the grizz, the pretenders, made the playoffs first time in years with couple important players having expiring contracta

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I'll go ahead and ask if you would trade Zach Randolph straight up for Bosh.
    Scola I view more or less as the equivalent of Boozer, if not slightly better - heck, Scola probably plays better defense. He's older, but he has less mileage and earns considerably less. Trading him and a PG who really showed something and our best prospect?

I could do it if we gave up Hill, and that would be my max. Patterson is a no-go. Period.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Ehhh. I wanted Bosh last summer pretty bad. I would have sent Scola, Lowry and our 1st rounder to Toronto in a S&T at this time last year. Bosh is still the exact same player he was before he went to Miami, he's just not playing as the featured, or even secondary option.

If we could somehow swing a trade for Ray Felton and one of Denver's bad contracts (Harrington or Andersen maybe) without giving up Martin, I'd consider the deal that Simmons proposed.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Of course the trade can be re-worked to make the salaries match, I was just saying that the trade as Simmons specifically described didn't work. Since he explicitly mentioned the trade machine, I thought he'd run it by the trade machine first.

But you are, Blake Lively is a keeper.

#66 Carl Herrera, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  7. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

no the f-way. Patterson alone is already showing flashes of being able to put up the numbers Bosh does. Nobody on Miami (not named Lebron) is worth 3 of our best players

8. Garner

Garner Member

Are we really knocking Dirk right now?

The guy is up 3-2 in the NBA Finals.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You are right. Chris Bosh didn't see Dirk's defense coming.

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sOkwj0Ir6cM?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#69 AroundTheWorld, Jun 11, 2011
  10. ThaShark316_28

Think what you want....

But if Nowitzki wins a championship, sorry, people will bring him up. Why? Because THESE days, a lot of people are prisoners of the moment. Put it to you like this...remember when Boston won the championship 3 years ago? The media wondered if Paul Pierce was now (at the time) a top 3-5 player and an all-time great.

Rings do strange things to the media and some fans.

11. ThaShark316_28

You traded the wrong PG.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It doesn't mean he's wrong about this. It is funny -- we complain about not having an all-star, then suddenly a trade pops up with three of our lottery team, non-all stars and people act like it's the most lopsided deal they've ever seen.

I don't think Miami would do this deal, mostly to keep the Super Friends happy. I'm not sure the Rockets would either with Lowry's emergence. We all hope Patterson can continue to develop into a future all-star, but there is absolutely no guarantee and you don't hold him out of trades that would be acquiring a in-his-prime-all-star.

13. ThaShark316_28

Hold on playa, I didn't say he was wrong. I'm just giving him ****. As for that trade, I wouldn't give a damn if Lowry wasn't included. I can't stand Bosh, but he's better than what we have.

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Bosh is not THAT much of an upgrade over Scola, and costs significantly more heading in to a restrictive CBA. We'd be the 09 Raptors with Kevin Martin. Bosh is a marginal all-star - a jump shooter that plays average defense and rebounds slightly less than Scola. He's a worse second option than Martin, and won't make us better.

Terrible trade. Next to a healthy Yao, you might convince me, but not for Lowry and our two best frontcourt players.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Could you guys stop the trade-talk and concentrate on the more important parts of the article?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

MemphisX has been a member of the BBS for 8 years longer than you, and viewed here by many, including me, as one of the respected fans from another team, an NBA fan who isn't here as a troll. I've participated in some good conversations with him, along with many others, from time to time. However, he's clearly suffered a nervous breakdown, brought about by the collapse of the Griz in the first playoff run worth mentioning in their mediocre history, a history filled with pain and suffering, an owner who sucks, coaches who suck, players who suck, and a city better served by music than the "basketball" teams they've littered the league with.

#76 Deckard, Jun 11, 2011
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Deck, did you see his sig?

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn! No, I didn't, Jackie. Maybe he's off his meds! I'll edit it, ASAP.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

LOL at the turnaround by Deckard. It was a defensive post for MemphisX then turned into a straight up diss. :grin:

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A few thoughts about the "Simmon Trade Proposal"

1. So, what DO you think a fair price for Bosh is? Scola + Lowry+ fillers but without Patterson? Maybe Scola + Lee + Patterson + contract fillers?

2. I don't know if a trade kicker will prevent Morey from wanting Bosh. Morey offered Bosh the max once already so I imagine he would do so again.

3. I don't think Bosh is the solution-- he didn't really get Toronto anywhere as the #1 guy. But (a) the Rockets do have a better cast around him than Toronto does (unless they trade too much for him), (b) he is a start-- it's hard to land that first superstar. Once Morey gets that first superstar (and Bosh is one, make no mistake) it will be easier for Morey to find that 2nd superstar and surrounding pieces, (c) Morey has proven himself capable of finding Lowry, Patterson, and Scola so I am more willing to bet on him finding the next Lowry/Patterson/Scola than on him finding the next Bosh.