1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bill Simmons] The Red Hot NBA May Be Going Away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Jun 10, 2011.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Agreed. He's pretty awesome, ridiculous trade ideas and all.

That's what happens when one plays in LA and the other in San Antonio. TD is getting the Hakeem treatment.

2. YDoof2

YDoof2 Member

How about a trade that makes NO sense lol

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Bosh' being called out by Shaq was odd at the time, but Ru Paul? Spot on. Put him on a team where he doesn't want to be? Horrors to that team. Not the Rox. No, not our Rox!!!

BTW - - I would substitute the goat of the Finals to date, Mr LBJ...:grin:

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

I'm totally expecting a game 7 now. The Heat are gonna win it all, sadly.

5. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

NO Thank You!

6. authentic91

authentic91 Member

f*** you bill simmons

7. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

I'm shocked that anyone would still want Bosh after that Miami drama...

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

One VERY MAJOR factor that Simmons overlooks is that Bosh (and Lebron and Wade and Mike Miller and Haslem) has a 15% trade kicker in his contract. This means that he gets paid the lesser of (1) 15% of the entire remaining value of his contract or (2) the difference between his total contract and a full max contract. This amount (which would be many, many millions of dollars) would need to be paid by the Rockets in one lump sum at the time of the trade. Aside from the additional salary matching issues (a prorated portion of the trade kicker is added to his base salary for salary matching purposes), Les would be out of pocket a shnizzload of money with this deal.

That's why it is unlikely that any of Miami's Big Three gets traded this offseason.

9. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Hell Yeah. Now they wanna give us bosh because everybody found out that he's softer than David Robinson and Vince Carter combined.

10. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I always though this is the route the heat should go...but I never thought we would be the one to bite. Just a bad trade for us overall. Scola, Thabeet, and Miller is all I'd be willing to give up for Bosh at this point. He's way overpaid right now, and annoying as hell.

11. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Didn't know that. Well that kills the thread.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This was exactly my thinking last summer when trying to add Bosh.

I wouldn't give up nearly as much this time around.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I'm actually still not a big fan of it. He's a role player that's been thrust into the #2 role due to no other low post presence. He's a good player, but I also think most people recognize that the Rockets are not going to win big unless Scola becomes our third/fourth option.

And at that point, IMO, he's an expensive, 31 year old PF with declining defense who just had surgery on his knee. That's not to say anything about Patrick Patterson, whose a 22 yr. old emerging PF that is already a better defender than Luis. I'm assuming the Rockets hope is that Patterson further develops and is able to take over the PF spot from Luis in the next two years, which would then make him $10M/year backup PF in 2013.

15. Air Bullard

Air Bullard Member

Yeah this is an absolutely awful trade, even if we do overvalue Lowry.

That would be two of our starters and our second man off the bench for someone who isnt even that significant upgrade over Scola.

Simply put, would that trade make us better, heck no.

16. rocketsmetalspd

I don't want the core group of players to be traded away. I want to see them play with true Centers and see what they can do.

17. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Insanely high. Wow.

18. The Situation

The Situation Member

Lowry, Scola, and 2Pat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

I feel like if Patterson reaches his full potential, he'll become better than Bosh. This trade makes no sense gutting our team for crybaby Bosh.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xrK6hfKW6ws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

We have to throw in Blakely and Hill to make the trade work. We can't possibly trade away Blakely.