1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: "Houston has a top 3 worst crowd"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nivos, Jan 18, 2018.

?

Is Simmons right?

1. Yes

387 vote(s)
    87.4%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Media conspiracy

24 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lots of empty seats on a Saturday for God’s sake, there goes the argument of traffic on a weekday but they came through in the last 5 minutes

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

the toybox needs to be relocated. move to westheimer.

s3ts and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I do remember the Hakeem era being pretty amazing, especially considering the low seating capacity of The Summit (though maybe there was something about the acoustics of it that made it seem louder?).

Our crowd is consistently "meh" since Houston has become a football town... Was good tonight, though. And at least we'll always be better than the Heat crowd. By far the worst fans of any team in any sport that I follow. Even in the Francis years, our crowd was better than theirs when they had Lebron...

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Agree. Miami has the worst sports fans. Rich ppl in front row who just go to games or tourists who go while in town. Majority of Miami ppl are Cuban / PR / etc and they have no care for these sports.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was at the game, the place was filled up by like midway through the 1st...the crowd showed up yesterday

OldYelllowDog, D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

If Harden is so boring and Westbrick is so fun to watch, why is Harden starting in the all star game for the 2nd straight year instead of Russ? Russ and his exciting style of play should allow him to get more votes than boring Harden right?

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Have you actually gone to any NBA games before?

Little Bit likes this.
  8. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

Too many warrior “fans” at TC last night. They were louder than the rockets fans at some point. Their walk of shame after the game was entertaining to watch though.

s3ts, BigMaloe, Torn n Frayed and 4 others like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

JVG called them out in the broadcast. "There are a LOT of bandwagon hoppers."

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Only post 2nd title.

Prior to that, they were drawing 9,000 fans at times... despite having an MVP caliber player who had already spent 10+ years in Houston (city far more attached to him), and a team winning 50+ games/year (this includes the stretch to start their championship season, when they were going 15-0).

The Summit years actually did peak during the first Barkley season... crowds in 1997-98 (through the WCF) were the best that building has ever seen. Fans in the seats for the starting lineups... even for regular season games.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

About 6 games

@Reeko
    This looks full? Better than other nights though..

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I meant other arenas. None of the are ever full at the beginning of games, so I don't see why some hold that standard for Houston.

Little Bit likes this.
  13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I see where your coming from but that’s a stretch right there, what if I said the TC was more empty than other not full arenas in the beginning of games...

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was there man, it was full...only times it wasn’t was at tip, and near the end of the 2nd quarter/start of the 3rd

ask @BigMaloe and @Mathrocker ...they were there too

Rox11 likes this.
  15. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

It’s fairly easy, since I have league pass. I usually watch rockets games the day after so I can fast forward comercials. Gotta be careful with clutchfans and spoilers, but it works. Soccer as you probably know is just twice a week, so it’s not much of a problem.

So you’re living in Flamengo right? Are you a Houstonian? How are you enjoying Rio so far?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

18. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yup, Houstonian.

Rio is good. Honestly, food has been a huge letdown. Also, the whole football crowd isn't my thing so that's also kind of water on wax.

Good things so far -- Feijoada, people and work environment, Rio is a cool city to live in (Nice surroundings), cost of living is cheap compared to US.

I'm single and young, so this is another problem. If I had a family, living out of Leblon/Ipanema/Barra, I think things would be very different.

Obviously the worst part of Rio is the criminal activity. I always keep my head on a swivel, but thankfully I'm not a victim yet (knock on wood).

You miss Houston at all? I'm curious about your food situation -- do you miss American food at all?

19. Put You On Game

The team needs a rebrand. Give something exciting for the fans to look forward to

20. JaceMan da SpaceMan