1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Maher Hypothetical: If Trump Refuses to leave . . .What will you do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Apr 7, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I know people like you in real life. Was raised their entire life in a liberal bubble in the suburbs and want to play contrarian because they never actually lived and breathed around deeply right wing crowds and never understood the thoughts and notion they routinely are capable of.

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

Trump will walk away when his term is up. When the next President takes office he will have no issues walking away come January 2025.

ROXRAN likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. it would be difficult to be more wrong about my background than you are here. nice pop-psychoanalysis though, very entertaining.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Still waiting for someone to show me a single instance of Trump admitting a defeat OR obeying a rule that would majorly thwart him.

But magically he will do the first graceful act in his entire life when he loses a close presidential election... sounds legit. That’s why he’s already screaming about the 2020 election being the biggest crime ever blah blah.

okay, hope y’all are correct. But him doing anything appropriate is about as likely as him growing 50 ft tall and shooting lasers out of his eyes, just going by his life to date. Other than that...

RayRay10, Nook and ryan_98 like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

While I agree this has been the most plausible way for Trump to retin the presidency it still involves a lot of buy in from people who would have to do things against there own self interest.

What do you think will happen if republicans vote against what there state did in the actual elections

What happens to the party with 4 more years of Trump?

I just don't think when push comes to shove the right people will go all in on Trump.

This is asking a lot of many people and assumes everybody will be ok with it.

1. The election is thrown into the House of Representatives, pursuant to the Constitution. Under the relevant constitutional process, the vote in the House is by state delegation, where each delegation casts one vote, which is determined by the majority of the representatives in that state.
    2. Currently, there are 26 states that have a majority Republican House delegation. 23 states have a majority Democratic delegation. There is one state, Pennsylvania, that has an evenly split delegation. Even if the Democrats were to pick up seats in Pennsylvania and hold all their 2018 House gains, the Republicans would have a 26 to 24 delegation majority.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Stars have to be aligned for this possibility. It’s a possibility because of trump and the state of the trump party.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree It's a possibility but it seems people are trying to create more and different scenarios.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This post from last April, and many others, did not age well. Actually some very prescient posting, as well, in the first couple of pages, predicting exactly what Trump would do.

TheFreak, mdrowe00 and jiggyfly like this.
  11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I need to watch what RayRay10 says more closely from here on out.

mikol13, Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Call me on the 20th and we'll see who's walking out the door. He's not remaining President of any United States.

He has caused a sh!tstorm with the voter fraud issue which has a whole lot of people believing the election was a fraud and they are pissed and the cause of yesterdays peaceful protests ..... #sarcasm.

None of this is going to change who's President on January 20th and it wont be Trump.