1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill/Clyde hating on the Haitian

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Bill has been really critical of the team as a whole recently, it's unlike him.

But Sam has earned all the criticism, he's awful.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Bill (and Bull if I remember correctly) had it out for McGrady in his final season in Houston.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You are absolutely right. The commentaries on the "Toronto Game" with the "Jamario Moon Dunk" comes to mind.

So...now I am wondering if Bill has a good gauge on where Les Alexander stands on each player-- i.e. the players Bill criticises is pretty much players that Alexander is frustrated at.

4. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

Could it be the other way around, possibly? That is, that Les listens to Bill and what he says....it's probably what you said, but Bill's been part of the organization so long, he might have a pretty long leash and be allowed to really speak his mind if he feels strongly enough.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

*laugh* Its funny reading some of the comments now. Were you guys really thinking that he will solve the Rockets front court problems?!

He will block a few shots here and there and can get you a few dunks and......yeah...that's about it. He is not a very smart defender and is caught out of position on numerous occasions. He has an extremely limited game on offense. Not to mention is is very inconsistent.

Did you guys not watch him when he played on other teams? I know Rockets management did not.

6. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Jonny Flynn is like Aaron Brooks on crack.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No Im talking about how they got the best available Center in free agency(oddly enough, he was the best one left over, even though I would have prefered Fesenko) without damaging the salary cap going forward after this year.

What I mean by his contract being an "asset" is that Dalembert's buyout this summer would allow a team they are trading him to to shed in the excess of 5.5 million in salary after his 1.5 million buyout much like Charlotte was able to do with Dampiers contract when he was traded to them.

Your right about both points here, but whose to say they couldn't trade for a center anyways? Hill, Thabeet, Flynn, Dragic,etc. all have expiring contracts that could be packaged in a trade for another center like say Biedrins, Al Jefferson, or Robin Lopez. The Rockets have numerous ways of making trades work on a variety of different sized contracts.

If the Rockets need salary cap space going into this summer and they cant find a taker for Dalembert then they can just buy him out themselves.

Maybe you aren't high on Dalembert (heaven knows Im not), but its hard to argue against his contract situation for the Rockets favor going forward. Plus Morey can tell McHale, Les, and the fans that they finally got a 7ft shot blocking center.... The grass isnt always greener is it?

8. ILoveTheRockets

Dalembert wasn't always this type of player. When he played for the 76ers, he was a positional beast on defense. I don't think 1 center really dominated him when he played in Philly. The guy lost his touch, and class. That's for sure.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Bill definitely said Jordan Hill doesnt have the "sand in his pants" to hold his position in the post. Also said that Hill's offense is the 15 footer jumper "which he is NOT very good at!"