1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill banning child marriage fails in Pakistan after it’s deemed ‘un-Islamic’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You brought up Mary's age in a thread on Islam. Why is it wrong for me to assume your source was the Koran?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I made a decision. Imitating sex slavery, child marriage, and violence because another 'group' doesn't accept your belief system is worse than playing out the crusification story.

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Though,age of Ayisha was discussed with details in pervious thread with conflicted stories but stronger evidence suggests she was actually much older , you choiced the story you like and fits your agenda.

You believe in what you believe that's your choice, but to repeatedly brings crap and BS and represents it as fact ,then you are intentionally stupider than what you pretend to be.

You are not going to impress anyone here, nor you going to gain a slightest lighter shade than what your skin is..

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Pretty much all mainstream Sunni scholars acknowledge the age of Aisha at 6 for marriage and 9 for consummation.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

First of all, thank you for differentiating main stream Muslim from shiea .

Since you seems to be so critical/informative of Islam, would you make a thread,sighting all your criticism, links/sources would be a plus,,organized your points,so nothing would over looked

I promise you,I 'll to answer your thought in a good way, no personal mocks :) or insults after all,its a sport forum

6. bongman

bongman Member

I dont think anybody here believes in your wrong assumptions. You got caught 'Rojo' handed on a propaganda attempt. Again, you did not call me out then. The Mary and Jesus story is synonymous to the Bible, and all the claims about Mary's age are made by Bible theologians. Why would anybody assume that somebody would use the Koran for that factual claim?

So you were wrong to make the incorrect assumption and you were also wrong in your factual claim.

It's ok to admit it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Cohete Rojo

Why bring up the Bible? This discussion is about Islam. You do know that the Bible is not an Islamic holy text, right?

You made a statement about Islam in a thread about Islam, to which I assumed was based on the Koran (since that is the highest ranking Islamic text, more so than the Haditha), and now you are saying it comes from the Bible? If your goal was to confound your statements, then you succeeded.

Honestly, I don't know why I should push this any further since:
    1. You know next to nothing about Islam.
    2. You can't keep the discussion to the thread's topic.

8. bongman

bongman Member

Yes I know next to nothing about Islam which I will happily admit. I think that is way better than somebody who proclaims to know it and make unsubstantiated claims.

"Harden is the best shooter in the leauge. No Curry is. You can't bring in different players for comparison as this is a Harden thread". :rolleyes:

So you are now the appointed thread police determining what type of information can be injected into a topic? Good luck with that.

9. Cohete Rojo

I am not wrong for assuming your statements about Marh were from the Koran, and I'm not sure which claims I've made that are "unsubstantiated". Mohamed did marry a 10 year old girl. Quit being ignorant.

10. bongman

bongman Member

Dig a deeper hole and avoid answering what I called you about. You know... the claim about the Quran and teenage marriage that you keep avoiding to answer.

11. Cohete Rojo

Confound the issue again. The Koran does not mention how old Mary was when she married. Why you decided to bring this up as though it were from the Koran, I have no idea. And yes, Mohamed did have a 10 year old wife. That gives certain Islamic scholars justification for child marriage. Are you getting the picture?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Well over 20% of women in Pakistan were married before 18, and that is only the reported ages... most experts believe the actual number is far higher. There has also been a number of Islamic religious leaders in Pakistan that have argued that a minimum age for females to marry is "unislamic".

13. Nook

Nook Member

You lost this one.... just move on....

14. bongman

bongman Member

You were very specific, you said Kuran and not the scholars. I guess you have backed off that statement.

Keep repeating this claim until your face turns blue. You have a habit of making unsubstantiated claims dont you? Not once did I ever mention that book until you did. The only one who thinks that the Quran was the source of my info is you. Your justification is.. because this is an Islam thread. Instead of trying to answer what you were called about, you keep trying to deviate.

You have a great day and keep posting that propaganda. LOVE IT !

15. bongman

bongman Member

I am a loser. AWESOME !!

16. Cohete Rojo

You said, Mary was 12-14 when she married.
    I said, according to the Koran.

You weren't referring to the Koran but instead were referring to still yet unidentified Bible theologians. Honestly, this thread is about Islam and not Christianity so why bring up Biblical sources?

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You haven't made any sense in this thread whatsoever. I bet most people don't even understand what you are waffling on about.

Time to put down the bong?

18. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Wrong, again.

NY Times study - http://tribune.com.pk/story/597697/...stani-women-are-married-before-the-age-of-18/

Pakistani government source - http://www.nips.org.pk/abstract_files/PDHS Key Findings FINAL 1.24.14.pdf

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

1) Actually the Bibile is an Islamic holy text
    2) The thread's topic is about Pakistan (again)
    3) You seem to not know anything about anything, which is much worse.

1 person likes this.
  20. Exiled

Exiled Member