1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bike thieves are pieces of shinola. Are you a racist? Probably. At least a little bit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dsnow23, Feb 3, 2011.

1. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Reactions to white guy stealing a bike, black guy stealing a bike, and a blonde girl stealing a bike.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9kZsjsOVwoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And you probably think with your other head.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ea9Rg5760tE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

People are r****ded. Not you or me, but just about everyone else.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Interesting video.

3. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Yeah, I've seen all of these. Interesting stuff to say the least, they also have experiments in shopping malls and Realtors if you do a little digging.

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Damn, they ganged up on the black guy.

5. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I liked the racist cab driver better

6. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

i would've left the both guys alone. I've lost the key to my bike lock before. and even if they were stealing the bike, it's none of my business.

The girl however, i would have prolly stopped and helped in stupid hope that she would reward me in some way afterwards even though my brain tells me that she will sell me out in a ny second.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

id go find a tandem bike, and steal that so we could both go ride it.
    allll night.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would've helped the blonde girl for sure

Probably just walk by both guys because no real bike thief brings a electric saw in broad daylight to steal a boke

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I would have screamed, "hey this person's trying to steal my bike!"

10. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I saw these videos originally because it was posted in a thread in a mountain biking forum about a guy who was caught stealing a bike by cutting a lock with a cordless grinder in broad daylight on a college campus with people everywhere. Most people just ignored it. So, as stupid as it seems, people do it. Fortunately, the guy was caught. Unfortunately, the bike was valued under $950, so it was only a misdemeanor in California. After the guy got out of jail, he actually went back to the jail and asked to have his grinder back.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Put that White actor in a predominately Black neighborhood and you'd get similar results. ABC should be condemned for enabling racial animosity against Whites.

1 person likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

I like these kinds of experiments......it shows people who are not aware how deep prejudice runs.

I'm not surprised that there was little to no reaction when the white actor was "stealing" the bike.

My mother shared a similar story with me.

She was in a Piggly Wiggly one day with me (as a very small child) shopping. The assistant manager/manager of the store starts to follow her around at a distance (this man was caucasian). My mother is a fair skinned woman from the Caribbean and it was obvious that I was "black". She goes up several isles and this man continues to follow her at a distance watching to see if she steals anything. At the same time, my mother spots another woman (caucasian) with three children acting suspiciously by the frozen food section. The children were shivering and the mother was agitated. It turns out that this woman was clearly stuffing frozen meat packages into her children's clothing. The man following my mother around didn't notice this until my mother pointed it out as the other woman and her three kids were piling into their car and speeding out of the parking lot. The only thing left where the car had been was one frozen package of chicken. The store manager just stared with his mouth wide open. My mother, irritated, walked up to him and said " See that only happened because you were too busy following me around the store. Y'all (meaning caucasians) steal too! "

:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

put that black actor in a black neighborhood and they would think he was stealing the bike too :grin:

i joked, but i serioused too :(

15. amaru

amaru Member

I understand you may not like what I said and that it might make you feel uncomfortable, but that doesn't make it any less true.

If you wish to challenge anything that I've said please do it in an adult manner :)

16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

They need to re-do this experiment or test in other settings if they want to truly validate the claim that everybody is racist in a way (which I agree with)

1 person likes this.
  17. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I heard Indians are a lot racist too. Not racist but more judgmental.

18. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Calm down you little bike thief.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is honestly what I think too, No one's gonna bother the white guy even if this was done in a black neighborhood, because in people's mind white guys don't steal bikes.

20. amaru

amaru Member

Everybody has it in them to be racist. I've seen racial tensions between blacks and East Indians before where my mother is from. It comes from both sides and goes to both sides. The things I've heard some people in my own family say...its shocking :eek: