1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Name Free Agents To Houston Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigkstrong, May 15, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Space City

its still amazing that people dont understand how great this team could be with a healthy t-mac in our lineup

2. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Healthy AND motivated

3. Seth

Seth Member

It will be like a great athlete with cancer, that great.

You tmac lovers make me want to lobotomize you.

Don´t you se that guy is a looser plain and simple?

This is the same team he had last season against the Jazz and look how well they are doing with a worse player than tmac in his place.

4. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Just like people don't realize how good a healthy and athletic Yao Ming in this lineup would be. :rolleyes:

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Maybe he'll come back healthy, maybe he won't. But I don't think any team that's willing to trade for him will do so expecting him to be a superstar again. They'll likely be doing it for other reasons (salary cap relief). Anything that TMac gives them performance wise is just gravy.

A team would be taking an awfully big risk trading for TMAC if their sole motivation is that they think he'll be a contributor.

A trade for Tracy will be a business decision, not a basketball one.

6. Mr. Space City

hi expression from the horrible blow out in game 5 gives me reason to believe that he is motivated to get back to competing again.

that disgusted look at our performance is not the expression of an unmotivated man

7. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Uhh Except Redd has been healthy (most of the time), motivated and productive throughout this career. I can't say the same about Tracy. I have more faith that Redd can return to his old self than Tracy.

I wouldn't mind Redd or Johnson since they are more realistic than Manu, but I was just throwing it out there and won't it help getting Redd?

Tracy is not coming back here in 2010, I'll tell you that right now.

8. Mr. Space City

actually no its not.

we got rid of rafer alston and picked up ron artest

i'd rather have mcgrady jacking up shots than ron............

9. Cannonball

Regardess, dumping TMAC's salary doesn't help. You still wouldn't have enough money to sign them and would have to do a sign and trade.

10. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Explain to me in brief detail. Last time I checked, didn't you say Yao is not under a max contract? :rolleyes:

11. Seth

Seth Member

Think before you post, Artest is doing what this team a lot better than what tmac did with it.

Live with it lover, you can be fan of whatever team tmac leads to a first round exit next year.

12. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Cannonball, it's no use. They just won't listen to us.

People on this board are delusional if they think the Rockets can add a big money player VIA FREE AGENCY to add to the core of this team (Yao, Artest, Battier, Scola, Brooks, Lowry and Landry) minus T-Mac.

. . . Someone needs to bump my thread . . . :D

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

If you think this is the same team as last years playoff team then you must of missed both seasons.

But anyway nothing wrong with a Loose player.

14. Mr. Space City

im a fan of the ROCKETS. period

ron is extremely inconsistent when shooting. with t-mac in this current lineup i would rather have t-mac creating shots than ron.

you cant even dispute the fact that ron is a better scorer than t-mac

even then t-mac on the 2 and ron on the 3 would be a killer combination

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Because if our Championship hopes relies on whether or not T-mac is healthy then we are probably in trouble.

16. Cannonball

And I admitted I was wrong on that point. But this is simple math. The cap is at roughly $58 million. We currently have a payroll of $75.5 million. If re resign Ron, it'll be roughly the same amount next year. Take away Tracy's $23 million and what do you get? Roughly $52.5 million. Assuming the cap stays relatively the same (predictions are it will go down), you're only $7-8 million under the cap. Probably less because we're going to have to pay our own free agents AB (team option), Lowry, and Scola more money in order to keep them. There's just no room for the Rockets to go out and offer a free agent a max deal.

17. Mr. Space City

true.

but he has been working with tim grover so you dont know the condition of his body at this point

miami was ready to give up on d wade but he worked with tim grover and is now in the best shape of his life

18. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Uh I don't think so. Artest would be critical about T-Mac's defense, via this year.

T-Mac would be critical about Artest's shot selection. Leading to a huge fight. I find it funny when people think T-Mac could get pass the 1st round with his eyes close with this team. People don't realize CHEMISTRY is part of the equation.

19. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Who says we are going to give Redd a max deal? If Redd thinks that himself, he can stay in Wisconsin bombing 3's. The only reason why I think he is more realistic than Johnson is because Redd is going to want less money because we all know Redd is inferior to Johnson at this point not to mention Redd is far from being worth a max contract player.

Redd is more realistic than Johnson and I don't think we need to make a sign and trade deal to do this either.

20. Mr. Space City

oh im sorry, i didnt know you were a fortune teller :rolleyes:

i didnt know you have access to rockets practices :rolleyes:

i didnt know you personally know the relationship between ron and mcgrady :rolleyes: