1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Brother 18

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 15, 2016.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd say Paul has earned it, even though I don't want him to win. He played the social game when necessary, even this week, Victor was pissed and said as much, and that's why he went home and Paul didn't. He's clearly studied too.

James should have studied, he's in perfect position but literally has no chance to win a knowledge comp. That's just lazy.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

From the segment with his parents, it seems he's well off. Does he really need the 500k?

3. BigTex

BigTex Member

Finale should be interesting. Not 100% sure who takes who....and who the jury will vote for.

Thought Paul/Nicole/Corey/Victor all had legit arguments to be the winner

Nicole kind of hid in bed cuddling with Corey for most of the season. Apparently Corey is really cute. But they dominated down the stretch. And she never got a single vote against her

Paul played hard, was active all season. Won more comps than Nicole/James combined. Escaped eviction several times.

James hasn't done much of anything. Spent most of his time showmancing. Won 1 comp. Not studying. Everyone else was studying the days like crazy. But I could see him getting votes because he's likeable and never pissed off anyone in Jury

4. Agent94

Agent94 Member

James has back-stabbed a few people though. He flipped on the Paul, Cory, Nicole alliance to kick out Paul. Then a week later he flipped on the final five alliance he formed with Paul and Victor to get Victor kicked out.

I think both Nicole and Paul would pick James to go to the final even though they say they will pick each other. James will pick Nicole, but he can't win a comp, so it doesn't matter.

So its going to come down to the final comp between Nicole and Paul and the winner will win the show.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Paul is annoying as all get out, but easily the best player left. I think he deserves to win. How many times has he been on the block and survived?

Nicole hasn't really done much besides snuggle with Corey and make me want to start taking hostages when I hear her voice.

James is a great guy, but a horrible player. He should win fan favorite....but not the game.

I always pull for the best player no matter how much I detest him/her personally. That is clearly Paul.

This season got off to a slow start but really picked up once Paulie left the house. It's been one of the better seasons I can remember.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I agree with you on every point, especially Nicole's voice, oy.
    I like James, he's nice and from Texas but, other than a a burst of 3 or 4 comps he's been useless.

Paul is definitely the best player left, and despite being annoying too with the "your boy" shtick, I do hope he wins. I'm okay with James too, I just don't want Nicole to win. She pretty much sat in the back and, everyone ignored her all season.

I kept saying "break up the showmance", but they just let her and Corey hang around until it was too late. Oops.

7. what

what Member

How can you say that you'd be okay with James winning but not Nicole? That sounds like a he-man woman hater's club saying if I ever heard one.

James did nothing. Nicole has won more comps than james and was easily better than him. James was an afterthought the entire season.

Nicole also had people gunning for her that she evicted (Devonne and Michelle), that alone was more than james has had to deal with.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Plus u know that Nicole had to soft play because the year she hard played she went home. So for her it was strategic.

Memory episodes for Survivor and BB seem so fake and scripted, boring, but the montage of crying was hilarious. I mean 90% of the cast cried. Crazy. Even Victor and Paulie.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Finally is tonight.

Predictions?

I think if Paul wins the competition vs Nicole. He will get the votes no matter who he picks.

If Nicole wins, she picks James & James will get the Jury votes.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll take James in the Cat and Mouse comp.
    Then Nicole over Paul in whatever Part II is.
    Then Nicole over James in the big memory Competition.

I reckon then Nicole will take James to the final.

In the Jury I would think:
    Paulie: James
    Cory: Nicole
    Da'Vonne: Nicole
    Victor: James
    Paul: James
    Bridgett: Nicole
    Michelle: Nicole
    Zakiya: James

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think Paul deserves to win, but I'm really fine with any one of these guys getting the cash. There weren't any deplorables to put in a basket this season. Paulie was the closest one to getting in that basket, but he really wasn't that bad.

Low-key solid/interesting season, with a lot of game play, without any really terrible people in the cast. I didn't think it could be done.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not sure Natalie understood the rules.

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Horrible finish. Don't even know what to say.

14. i3artow i3aller

:mad:

Paul was robbed. This show is a joke. Playing a superior game clearly means nothing.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I've always thought that get to know you competition is BS. It's pure luck. If your going to have a competition to win it all make it at least be a serious comp. Glad Nicole won though.

On survivor, I really hate that they give them tarp and blankets now, and then evacuate them for a cyclone. Wussies. The show is survivor, not lets give them cuddly teddy bears and comfort. They are making a mockery of their own show. Let them try to survive a cyclone and that would be fantastical television.

16. BigTex

BigTex Member

Yea Natalie, Davonne & James votes surprised me.

I was certain Corey, Paulie, Zakiyah (following Paulie) were voting for Nicole

I guess paul dun goofed taking Nicole. Pretty sure she would've taken James

17. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm watching the after dark right now that occurred before the finale, and Nicole and Paul are discussing why he is picking Nicole and who is going to vote for who in jury. The primary reason he picked Nicole was that Paul would be irked losing to James ( essentially he's not a straight shooter and lazy ). He felt strong about it too. So he told Nicole he was taking her to finale. And I believe him, no BS is happening. It was straight shooting. But a small part strategic too, as Paul felt that James was tied to at least 4 votes, That he himself was tied to only one vote and maybe Bridgett. And he could only tie one vote to Nicole. So he felt he was 50/50 with Nicole but that James had Michelle, Nathalie, Cory, and Paulie.

Nicole on the other hand was paranoid that Paul had a secret plan and was telling her this to f' with her.

18. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Words can't describe.

I was at a viewing party and the house unanimously had Paul taking it 7-2. We all started breathing a little easier realizing Day was the final vote, then.... you'd have thought the Texans blew the final play in the Super Bowl how everyone exploded. Really disappointing. But aside from the result, I loved the **** out of this season. May have even cracked into my top 5.

19. what

what Member

Paul was not robbed. People continue to underestimate the social game. Paul's mouth lost him 500k. The jury made him a point to ask him to explain himself and he couldn't. He just blew it all every time saying he's just loud and proud.

20. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I wouldn't argue that it was a lack of social game, rather a couple girls uptight/upset about a word.

Paul systematically played the game better in every category. You can't escape 6 evictions without a social game.
    Nicole wouldn't have even made to six evictions on the block. And therein lies her only argument: "Well she's avoided being on the block"
    But how? Shacking in bed the first/third of the season and riding an Aggies coattails the second. Obviously it worked in her favor, but she, by no means, was the best player of the two.

I agree he should have answered Nat's question more delicately/apologetically, but in no way should that have been the deciding factor.