1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They've allowed a franchise to dump this awful fanbase once, I'd imagine they'd do it again.

2. Mr. Space City

i survived without the texans after 1998 and i could survive again.

this city doesn't need a team ran by an owner who just wants to stroke his ego and field a team competitive enough to put butts in the stands than win.

rockets and stros better franchises anyways, at least they've reached the conference finals in the last 16 years.

#1262 Mr. Space City, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Scarface281 and adw like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wonder if you ask Bobby what's worse, our fanbase(a fanbase that always sells out regardless of how shitty this team has been),
    or the owner's track record for pretty much no success during his tenure, what he would answer.

Like this isn't an owner that has led this franchise to multiple superbowls and sustained success he is defending to the grave here. He is literally defending an owner with probably one of the worst winning percentages during his ownership and apparently can't keep his mouth shut on controversial statement that any sane person would know is controversial.

Guys I think Bobby is stupid AND triggered. What a dangerously hilarous combination.

adw, tehG l i d e and Mr. Space City like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

That's what makes that whole argument so hilarious....the Bobbys of Houston have been forking money hand over fist to the Texans for well over a decade, the Texans have yet to prioritize the on-field product (unless it's on the field before the game during a song), and somehow it's the fanbase that is terrible and the team could/should move. Sure, buddy.

The fanbase is terrible, true, but for pretty much the opposite reasons Bobby thinks it is.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol, Bobby threatened to quit on the Texans when they benched Mallet.

Now he's lecturing on being a good fan? Hilarious.

6. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Bobby is basically Bob McNair in his thoughts. I'm glad I put him on ignore.

7. Mr. Clutch

Yeah that's the way to deal with Little Bobby.

Unfortunately we can't do that with Big Bob.

adw likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

CometsWin, rimbaud, arkoe and 3 others like this.
  9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

No Texans --> Better Rockets and Astros attendance

10. Mr. Clutch

Not sure about that. Probably better college football attendance.

11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I am a Rice fan... it would take a lot to boost our attendance... when I say a lot... Rice's bioengineering program would need to clone the MOB 100x over...

Snow Villiers likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And this is exactly what I'm talking about. That kind of foolish hot take right there. Talking about the team not prioritizing the on-field product simply because there have been setbacks....it's just stupid. In the last decade the team has been rebuilt twice into a playoff team, without key injuries in certain seasons, who knows what their ceiling might have been....but of course you've gotta have the window lickers re-write history so they can pretend that wasn't the case. Even now, the team is currently in a position to re-claim their spot at the top of the division with a franchise QB and dominant defense but all you hear is whining about the owner's non-offensive statements.

Like I said, I'm not sure what portion of the fanbase this loud and awful group of fans makes up, but it makes the entire fanbase look bad.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Why can't anybody shut this old senile fart up? What an embarrassment to Houston sports.

macho GRANDE, adw, red5rocket and 3 others like this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The team sells out every game. Last I checked, the Texans were the 5th most valuable franchise in the NFL, due largely to market and their stadium deal. Certainly not because they've had the success or legacy of the teams ranked ahead of them. Can't ask much more from a fan base or home market than that. They're not going anywhere.

macho GRANDE, adw, red5rocket and 4 others like this.
  15. Purvis's shorts

I hate Bob McNair. He's a racist POS. I wish he would sell the team.

Scarface281, adw, red5rocket and 4 others like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

• "McNair had more to say…"
    • Interview "took place in Houston"
    • McNair didn’t deny talking about the election, only denying what was said he said.
    • Was eager to set record straight
    • Re: Duane Brown, there had been personal animosity between the parties due to contract dispute
    • Texans considered Kaepernick before the season
    Reporter qualified a few times that "I don’t have my exact notes in front of me, but…" [Why not?]

Nimo likes this.
  17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When the astros were good they pulled close to 3mil. The rockets attendance always sucks.

1. Texans
    5. Astros
    25. rockets

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Look, Bobby is very similar to Trump. The single most important issue for him is opposing "black issues." That's it. He'll say otherwise of course, but nothing is a bat signal for Bobby like a thread that involves black activism.

He's all worked up in a tizzy trashing an entire fanbase because 5 or 6 people on a message board are taking issue with Bob McNair over black activism issues.

He's not a racist NOR is he a Trump fan, but he will die on every hill that involves cop shooting blacks, blacks kneeling in protest, Russell Wilson being anything more than a game manager, etc. etc. etc. etc. On and on it goes. Everyone here knows what's up.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Don't forget: Hated Deshaun but loved him some Mallett.

adw and Mr. Space City like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I can't agree with this.

The Texans are at worst the 8th most valuable franchise in the NFL and in one of the absolute best markets in the short and long term. I can't see any scenario where they would leave Houston because there is nothing else out there better.

The Texans are lucky to have the fan base they have. Despite being a below average (110-146), uninspiring franchise with a divisive owner; the Texans still sell out every Sunday and the city still follows the team and cares if they win or lose.

Things can change quickly, look at the Patriots. Had I told someone 20 years ago that the Patriots would be dominant for decades, they would call me a fool. However, in the Texans relatively short existence, there has been a lot more negative moments than positive moments. The Texans have never even gotten out of the divisional round of the playoffs.