1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Big Bob currently under fire: "Cant let the inmates run the prison"

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by donkeypunch, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Simply yes. Kap spoke straight with no metaphors but Bob spoke with metaphors that question whether he meant it purely as the metaphor or was he saying this to make you look deeper between the lines. As a person in a big important position you don't want to leave anything in question when it comes to a serious situation with media involved. His PR team failed him. It's that simple.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

A metaphor means don't take it literally so why are you and the players taking McNair literally?

texans1095 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Because McNair's past statements regarding other things discussed privately with the team that the media didn't report.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm not taking McNair literally btw. However i do understand why the players would be disappointed with hearing their chairman say that in a serious meeting versus just saying as team owners we need to make the big decisions that are in the best interest for the NFL as a whole. America is always forcing people of different creeds and cultures adapt to today's America in my honest opinion McNair doesn't get a pass from that either.

5. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

The more info that comes out about this makes it seem blatantly obvious that McNair wasn't talking about players but rather the league office. Vincent works for the league office and therefore got offended.

There has always been a power struggle between the NFL owners and the league office, and the league usually comes out on the bottom with a huge inferiority complex. After all Goodell essential works for the NFL owners. So Goodell leaks the story to a hungry reporter to make McNair look bad and get back at him.

Anyone that can't see this or at least acknowledge it's pretty likely is either blind or hates Bob McNair.

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was the new QB Watson one of the guys who took a knee or sat last week, along with most of the team? I didn't see him in the photo the Chronicle posted after the game.

7. ipaman

ahhh... but the players are not upset about that. they are upset they got called inmates so you agree those players are morons.

8. ipaman

Not sure but shouldn't matter. Also, with the cancer gone you should come back to your team. Brown was such a negative influence that I'm positive that players who didn't feel the need to consider kneeling did anyway. With the cancerous Brown gone our players heads should be straight and focused on football. So again, you should come back to support the team.

texans1095 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Getting rid of Brown will really help, but I think the stupidity might last a little bit longer....they have plenty of people cheering on the stupidity right now so that might encourage them to keep embarrassing themselves a little bit longer.

10. ipaman

Double standard and discriminatory btw...

And since when is being disappointment that your own vote lost and a political opponent won a problem? Do these folks get your jimmies rustled?
    [​IMG]

And that goes back to the double standards I was talking about. McNair can't be upset his vote lost but others can. McNair can't say you misunderstood me but Kap can. That crap is reverse racism at it's finest. I said this earlier I'm not white but I can see when unfair is unfair and wrong is wrong.

texans1095 likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love that the legacy of Bob McNair will have this stain on it. He was a mediocre owner who go more praise than he ever deserved. He has a meeting with the players in 08 after Obama won to talk **** about the first black president? What a loser.
    Any rich man could have brought a NFL to Houston. It probably would have been the Chargers. No stupid statue for you.

#991 REEKO_HTOWN, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no such thing as "reverse racism", it's just racism. You can call it what it is. People see a rich white guy from the south and they assume he's racist.....because they are racist. Right now this kind of racism is culturally acceptable, so they get away with it, but it's fundamentally no different than any other legitimate example of bigotry.

deb4rockets and ipaman like this.
  13. ipaman

Vindictive and spiteful. Remind me to never acquaint you irl.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

:(

ipaman likes this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish I could support the team, like so many do. There was nothing I enjoyed more in sports than football season. I loved it!!!!!

I agree that Brown was cancerous, and probably the best thing the Texans could have done was git rid of him. But, you really can't blame it all on Brown. He might have stirred the pot, but these are all grown men who know that protesting during the anthem offends a lot of people. They don't care because they will do anything to get attention. They know that the media, league, broadcasters and other people making money off the NFL won't disagree, because they don't want to lose ratings and viewers. Money is everything, right?

The stuff is happening all over the league, and even on foreign soil, in front of foreign citizens. What great representatives of our country the players are by taking a knee during our National Anthem in London. It all disgusts me. Never in my wildest dreams would have thought a year ago I could feel this way about a team and a sport I loved.

For me, this has all left a bitter taste in my mouth that I doubt I get rid of any time soon.

16. ipaman

Completely understand but hope you reconsider because for the first time in franchise history your team has a franchise QB. A long time fan like yourself who has suffered through the years should now get to rejoice and feel the joy.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You just need to separate your fandom from the embarrassing players that are on the franchise you are a fan of. That's the best way to still root for the team despite the actions of the overly privileged simpletons who play for them.

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Db maybe cancer, he maybe sht now, or he might even be solid, but trading him for potential picks and calling it a fleecing is just outright lying to yourself. Boobythegreat can't tell the difference between a fleece and an effort to recoup loss. Watson did fine without db and he may continue to do so after this trade, but it's not really a win if u can't predict if the future picks are bust/competent players. At this moment the only thing that should b on any texan fans' mind is Watson and how these trades effect him. Need to draft/sign oline and cb.

I feel sorry for the fans like boobythegreat who gets all butt hurt at people kneeling during the national anthem. This country gave us the freedom of speech to protest how we want 2, if we all listen to the rules even the wrong ones like sheep, the US would still b a country where African Americans still have to sit in the back. Taking a knee was always a sign of respect/reverence, its only stupid fans like boobythegreat who can take offense and start hating on the players.

19. TheresTheDagger

It was only several days ago the players (including Clowney) took words from McNair out of context and took a knee to protest over "Inmates run the prison", even after the owner apologized for poor wording. This beside the fact McNair claims it was never meant to be aimed at the players....

Not even a day later, Clowney wears a prison suit for Halloween when his own father is in prison.

You don't see the incredible IRONY in all of this?

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No nobody is a moron. The players are not saying they were literally called inmates that is just what you are implying to make the players look as if they aren't educated or understand what a figure of speech is which is irrelevant to the point I'm making.