1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bickerstaff calls out officials during press conference.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Solaris

Solaris Member

That experiment already failed with milkhair...

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Actually i think, the coaches tried making it so easy for them on defense by allowing every defender to switch any time a pick is set against them. THIS imo has tremendously hurt this team:
    1. Switching is an effective strategy, but should be exclusively used at end of game scenarios.
    2. Being out of position on rebounds - This has been a huge problem in games as the center/PF often times are hovering around the perimeter on a switch and our smaller guards are being boxed out for easy putbacks. This happened several times last night with Gortat. By eliminating switching, you naturally funnel the guards into the paint where Dwight, Capella, Josh should be waiting.
    3. Our players cheat way too much and lack basic defensive integrity. The biggest culprit is Brewer, but Harden, Howard, Ariza, JET and Bev all have been abused.
    4. Weakside rebound/boxing out - How many times have we seen Dwight, Josh or Capella going for a block, but zero weak side box out?? Spurs just tossed up shots at the backboard, knowing that they would easily be in positions to grab loose balls from the other side. When the shot goes up, everyone better be looking to put a body on someone and create a box for an easy rebound.

We arent playing against the Warriors every night, but it seems we are giving up an exorbitant amount of points as if we were. Want to fix this season of mediocrity...Start at the defensive end of the floor.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This is a good assessment of whats going on. The better coaching staffs will change things up if a certain approach is not working. This over simplified approach to defense is a total disaster but they are sticking with it anyway. It's just bad coaching. The defense is so bad that they just look careless and undisciplined out there. But it's careless by the coaching staff to stick with this unsuccessful strategy.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

**** yeah Coach!

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

big fine coming up

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think it's frustrating that the nba can still pull this **** even after their brand was tarnished... I mean Tim Donaghy openly came out about things that were going on, and even now with everyone having the power to be their own reporter with their phone (via social media/other sources) to alert the public... the nba is still having questionable calls/no calls occurring because they know they're the only game that's in town. It's a ****ing joke. I sometimes think I'm watching a ****ing wrestling match with bull**** storylines (I don't watch wrestling, lol).

I'm not just talking about Dwight's no calls, I mean Shaq/Yao and other bigs went through the same thing... It's just sometimes it seems more than that like things are being fixed/altered by the refs.

It's not just the Rockets, I've even seen sometimes where they've gotten some calls their way (rarely), but still... I wish they'd just go back to letting the guys play and not simple fouls being auto-flagrant. I don't think the game will ever be like the 70s/80s again or hell even the 90s because of the product/players/money now, but man back then refs weren't ****ing everything up. Obviously it'd mean dwight or others could get fouled, but it'd also mean dwight could knock someone on their ass and not worry about being tossed.

I mean ****... If you think the Rockets could be the new Bad Boys... They'd be banned in a week playing like those guys did. I really would love the old era to be back, but whatever.

1 person likes this.
  7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Agreed. I have a feeling the players or team will find a way to reimburse him for his expense, since he is really going to the mat for them.

He is absolutely right too. I haven't heard of any other team having their star player thrown out of consecutive games for what amounts to relatively ticky-tacky calls. Sure, it would have been great if Dwight had found a way to keep his cool, but his frustration is understandable, and they gave him technicals for things they easily could have let go. I see superstar players gesture and mouth off to refs all the time, and it is very rare to see them get even a technical, much less ejected in back-to-back games.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

forget superstars, draymond gets away with this every game

9. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Very nice ,coach, I am taking my hat off .Respectandaplause!!!!

10. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I feel like we're agreeing here. Not on the whole conspiracy thing (which, I admit, is just a result of my frustration). But as I said, Howard and Capela and our slashers get hacked a lot. My main point is that sometimes other teams coaches complain after how many fts we get even though its obvious their gameplan was to hack. Like Doc did after I believe Game 2 when we shot 62 FTs. Teams just look at the total amount of FTA we get and think "Oh, that's crazy, totally unfair" and don't try and retrace where all the FTs came from

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

The refs are not the reason we suck but they did cause us last nights game. We would've probably lost at OKC regardless. I don't see how Dwight doesn't go Tyson in half of these games.

12. Ns575

Ns575 Member

[​IMG]

me @ every call last night

13. malakas

malakas Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Filed to ESPN: Source said Rockets trying to get Dwight Howard's 4 techs from last 2 games rescinded.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/693883124409700354">Ιανουάριος 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Good news.

14. Solaris

Solaris Member

Where is Les? Can't he be more like Cuban in this regard?

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Counting his money

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Let's hope Les pays his fine like a good owner should.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

About darn time we started fighting back the horrible officiating. This has gotten out of control. Rockets get no respect and no calls anymore because of it.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He can't afford a fine. He still makes the 50k assistant celery.

How was the Morey 790 show?

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not going to help, should just focus on the two ridiculous ones, that got him tossed in both games.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Petitioning because he's 4 techs away from a one game suspension. Another game for every two additional techs. Not that this team is going anywhere.

We can compete with anybody. No one wants to see this team in the playoffs. - Morey