1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bickerstaff calls out officials during press conference.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jan 30, 2016.

1. thejav

thejav Member

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Another thing that drives me ****ing mad is the way the refs do little **** in order to make themselves seem not crooked as ****. For example do you think Dudley would have received that flagrant of Dwight did not do what he did to show the refs what happened after the play? **** no! Also the bull**** jb called the refs out on about the deal with the timeout and how they gave him the tech but honored that he called a timeout in order to not seem so crooked. Another way was to kick nene out of the game when lets ****ing face it if I'm Washington I'll let nene get kicked out all day if Dwight goes with him. So now tomorrow people who didn't watch the game will look and think well that doesn't look so bad when in reality it doesn't show what truly happened. I think bull also called a very important thing out when he said if Dwight had pushed John wall like he had just been pushed by wall he would have got a flagrant. All these guards like Westbrook and John wall beat the **** out of Dwight all god damn ****ing night because they can. Westbrook was repeatedly slapping the piss out of Dwight to foul him last night. Look at the definition of a flagrant. Unnecessary contact. What the **** part of that is necessary? Not a basketball play by any means. Im not for the pussification of the nba, **** it let the boys play, but call it the same for both teams. Just because a guy is swoll as **** doesn't mean you can use him as a ****ing punching bag all ****ing night. And don't get me started on the phantom call on bev. **** you zebras you punk ass crooked b****made queefs, go choke on Adam silbers chode. **** the nba and **** the Mavericks

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

We're all annoyed, brother! Just relax though. Lay off the sauce for the night? :confused:;):p

We're going to be alright.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Brilliant job by JB.
    Exactly what I called for after the Thunder game.

He can keep a spot on the coaching staff as one of the assistants now for that.

Put the league on notice that we know the BS they're playing. Doubt it'll change much but it beats going quietly into the night.

5. ibm

ibm Member

i counted 23 ****'s. good rant.

how many jack daniels did you have tonight? :cool:

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

You never want to be seen as whiny or petty (ie clips). Professionals just do their work....that said this had to be said simply because it's the truth. Not just tonight but the league just lets all kinds of ridiculousness happen out there to Dwight.

As long as its not often a rant like this is needed, and can hopefully be the thing that unifies a team and gives a shot in the arm for chemistry.

Respect for JB.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I had 4 car bombs and a couple pitchers of bel smoothies (bud light) over at the bull and bear on westheimer. Got weird drunk with some old dudes then hit taco c.

8. krouchchocolate

glad that JB spoke his mind. Just wished he added some "that was some bull **** calls" lol

9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

was at the game, 1st half, they almost took dwight out, twisting and hooking his arm...he left game rubbing elbow and shoulder....

2nd half, the play where dwight gets 3pt play..nene has his arm and also hits him in the head with his other arm ... dwight talks to ref.....shoots free throw.... next play down....is when the ejection happened.

if the refs...stop being on high horses...and actually listen to dwight when he telling them, yo...they elbowing me.... hey...they twisting my arm.... just keep a eye out for it...dont let it continue til he is hurt or has to retaliate

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Exactly

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let him rant....won't save his job

Sad season.... the officials are just adding more bleakness

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

That was awesome.

Gonna cost him some serious dollars, Mark Cuban like dollars.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You're that fan that's just always gonna b**** about something!

14. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Only thing JB should be concerned about is: 25-25... & we're a bottom 5 defensive team in the entire league. Complain about the refs all you want but the underlying cause of this team's struggle has been their absolutely trash defense, this might be the worst defensive Rockets team I have sadly ever witnessed, they couldn't stop a bunch of random dudes from the d-league let alone an actual NBA team.

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

If JBB gets fired during the all-star break, at least he's going out swinging.

16. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

We lead the league in FTA, by a fair amount too and for good reason too, we relentlessly attack the basket. I think that in lies the problem, teams see the FT disparity in the box score after the game and think "Well, we're getting screwed", which is a completely illogical way of looking at things. It feels, to me anyways, there is league wide pressure to not give the rockets so many calls, and reduce the number of games where we shoot 40+ FTs and the other team shoots like 20. Fact of the matter is, its just how we play. Harden constantly attacks (though he should even more tbh, but thats a different matter), nobody ever lets Howard finish w/o hacking him, Capela gets hacked, brewer lawson beverley all slash. The Ft rate is justified when you think about it, but it doesn't "look right" so teams feel like they have a legitimate complaint. That shouldn't affect anything though, and if the NBA is really adjusting how our games are reffed based on "majority pressure" then that would be awful, but I can't help but believe its true sometimes. Brewer getting nearly decapitated was just unbelievable...

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I enjoyed it made me feel better about the loss. F this league.

18. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Much respect JB.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's a totally bogus argument, because we lead the league in intentional fouls drawn too, and by a fair margin. Every single game you can tell the other team's gameplan is to foul us rather than allow the easy bucket, because our FT% is also among the worst in the country. And it's not just Dwight. Capela, Smith, even Brewer/Ariza/Beverley are missing more than their fair share of FT's this year. Missing FT's is like the plague, and right now our entire roster is infected.

That combination means the NBA should be on the lookout to try fairly give us the most foul shots in the league. But of course they will reflexively allow the most contact against us, almost as a kneejerk to keep our numbers on par with the rest of the league.

1 person likes this.
  20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah the referees are clearly instructed not to call those fouls and ref Dwight in a certain way. 100%, guaranteed, they are intentionally letting Dwight get manhandled and call weak fouls on him to take him out. The league has it out for Dwight. What has to be said is Dwight makes it easy for them sometimes too. You can't just grab Dudley like that, no matter how frustrated you are. The 2nd technical is just bull****, he didn't slap nobody's arms and walked away from a very aggressive Nene who was simply taking Dwight out of the game, that was his only mission..

With regards to the rant, I heard reporters laughing and I'm not sure saying the league needs to protect its best players is what should be the message. Why the **** would the league need to protect anyone?? It's a sport, go out and play and no preferential treatment for anyone. That is actually not what J.B. should've said, but the rest I agree with. Cheap shots, dirty tactics to get Dwight out and referees should be invisible but they want to be on prime time TV and get famous. The explanation from that d******d about why Dwight got his technical is a plain lie. I've been done with the league at points, but this is as close I've ever gotten to just say **** the NBA. The way the Warriors are treated and we? There's no way we could ever win a series playing 5 against whomever many.