1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bickerstaff calls out officials during press conference.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Rick was definitely an innovator.

His offense was something of beauty. More importantly, almost every player that played for RA (with the exception of some rookies) have the utmost respect for him as a person and as a coach.

I love the confidence he gave to Kyle Lowry. That guy is on a tear...

#Reminiscing

2. ibm

ibm Member

who is them? the refs or his players? if it's the refs, yeah i agree. if you meant the players,,, well he doesnt seem to do that.

the only rockets coach that held both the refs and players accountable was jvg. he's got the ultimate respect from me.

3. dmoneybangbang

Based on what?

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you are saying. Sometimes though, teams needs tough love from their coach or the coach is just being an enabler and the team won't grow like that. Dwight and Harden are poor leaders so their coach needs to be a strong leader, not their cheerleader. I just don't think JB's approach is what a team lead by Harden and Howard needs.

5. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

The NBA is becoming a scripted league, quite visibly. I guess there is more money that way. I wonder why Houston is the NBAs punching bag?

I am proud of the Rockets coach voicing publicly this. He mentioned Les and Morey are constantly talking to the league, and to no avail.

NBA refs need to do their sporting duty and leave sports entertainment to the WWE refs.

This is one of the reasons I watch so much les NBA games. Used to be an elegant game, now we get this stuff...

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

And how was that? I'm guessing it was because he was always surly and yelling on the sidelines during games.

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You simply can't be a big man anymore.

8. dmoneybangbang

The past always looks good through rose colored glasses....

9. malakas

malakas Member

here's teh official explanation:
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="el"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Referee chief John Goble talks about ruling on technical fouls on Houston's Dwight Howard and Washington's Nene. <a href="https://t.co/KuFSS9I07B">pic.twitter.com/KuFSS9I07B</a></p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/693656366234218496">Ιανουάριος 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

is this just lying bs? dwight was clearly whistled for his 2nd tech after he got into it with the ref, not while pushing nene. WTF

11. bmd

bmd Member

I"m glad JB said this... it's about damn time somebody from the Rockets spoke up publicly about how the officials treat Dwight.

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Howard issued a tech for pushing Nene?

That was late ass tech then. May have to rewatch it but it seemed Dwight pushed him a ref seperated them. After a few words a ref comes in and gives him a tech.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I think what you wrote is fair. Enabling and defending yields a huge gray area, in my opinion.

Personally, I think Dwight and James need a coach with the supportive mentality. I don't think either would do well with a coach who likes to publicly criticize players in the media. I mean, we all saw the nightmare involving Dwight and SVG. Dwight could have handled it differently, but SVG has always been a guy to say too much about his players to people who don't need to hear it. As much as I respect JVG, there were times where he passive-aggressively humiliated players to the press. I don't really like that approach.

JB is learning as he goes as a HEAD COACH, but he is more experienced than a lot of people are willing to admit or research. He's been through it all. I think he's earned the respect of this current group for holding guys more accountable than Kevin and switching things up when the game isn't going well.

It's not much to some, but I'm grateful that we have a coach who is involved in the game, in terms of his body language and communication. JB is always up, talking with the players and the refs, whereas I grew tired of Kevin only making his way up to the scorer's table when the Rockets were in trouble.

That sense of urgency, even if it's as small as standing up and pushing your guys to keep going, means the world to some players. Dwight seems like he needs a great deal of affirmation and clarification from the coaching staff. James seems to benefit from JB having a more hands-on approach than Kevin. To me, James isn't as passive as he was previously. I think he's playing with more intention.

Sure, we have a TON of work to do, and JB has his work cut out for him, but I think DM made the best choice for THIS season by promoting JB, instead of bringing in a new guy who would have to gain the trust of our players and prove an investment through both the good and bad moments.

Right now, we're having a bad moment. But, hell, we're still sitting ugly at 7th. ;)

14. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Repped

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The strategy of usin nene to pull a suicide tech and take Dwight with him should be countered by montrezl walking out on the floor and tossing them hands on Bradley beaks ****ed up face. Legit strategy we should start using. If beal throws hands in retaliation then he should recieve a tech and montrezl will be ejectualted but who cares he doesn't play anway

16. maw7079

maw7079 Member

After watching the OKC game I am finally done with the NBA... Didn't even watch tonight's game because I witnessed these crooked ass NBA refs blatantly steal the OKC game at a pivotal point. Glad JB spoke up. But last night after Corey Brewer nearly got decapitated, if I were JB, I honestly would have told my team to leave the court (mid 3rd qtr) after these bogus calls. Make a statement! NBA is crooked and it is no fun to watch anymore. I HATE the mafia!!!!

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Don't play tough Dad on this: "Just hit him back. Quit complaining."

With the exception of Clint Capela and free throws, we would have won this going away if not for the refs.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

one track mind :grin:

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wow...mad respect for standing up for Dwight like that. You don't ever see it to that extent JBB gets a huge applause from me.

20. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Nene was practing MMA moves on Dwight throughout the game. The rant was justified.