1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beyond LeBron: 2018 FA Class

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by j@amc, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Len is a bust...i'd say, i mean, never say never, but the guy has got minutes these last seasons and was always trash.

Hezonja is a bet, he can turn out a good pick up or just an end of the bench guy.

KCP and Evans are proven players, you already know what you get with them.

They play different roles btw (Len is a center, Hezonja a 3, KCP a 2 and Evans a 2 that plays the 1 basically), so, depends on what you're looking for. Personally i don't think Len is worth anything over a minimum deal, not really sure about what kind of money Hezonja will get, i'd say around 4/5M but eh...KCP and Evan will get at least MLE money imo.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hezonja is a good "upside" gamble. And could potentially help in restocking the crops of assets. Rockets system could be good for him.

BUT, he is young and I wonder if he could realistically crack the rotation.

bulkatron likes this.
  3. BigO

BigO Member

Any of you actually thinking of KCP are drunk, dude took huge pay for 1 year because he could not get long term big money, we only got 5 mil, and even if someone will offer him 8 he will take that, and i wont be surprised if he gets more.

Hezonja is project we dont need projects when we're in win now mode.

Kapish ?

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Len was low-key good last year. Splits of 121/110. 15 pt/9 rbd/1.6 blk per 36.

19.4 PER, 61% TS%. 1.22 ppp as a roll man.

Above average rim protection (allowed about 47%)

You're telling me you can't make that work for you on a team-friendly deal?

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Len is absolutely terrible

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

KCP is an ideal player for us. Agree the cost may be out of reach, but no harm in trying.

Hezonja is a prospect. I wouldn't pay much to get him, which is why it's unlikely - someone will bite.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Again, can you point to why he is terrible? He improved tremendously last year.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he didn't. hes been the same player in phx in all 5 years. theres no such thing as improved tremendously with him.

it's more like hes lacked actual development in 5 years

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess that also depends on Luc and/or Gerald, if we keep both of them it's going to be hard to give him much time...i mean, i would still find some minutes, but MDA...not sure lol.

Deuce likes this.
  10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He became a serviceable roll man last year (1.22 ppp is borderline elite), improved a ton defensively and on the glass, his awareness improved, rebounding improved - this was the first year he didn't look like a bust. I'm not saying he's Andre Drummond, but I am saying that he's an NBA big man.

I would absolutely take a flyer on that. You can take that player from 17-18 and mold him into a reliable backup big.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Like i said, if we're talking about a minimum deal i'm not completely against anyone cause that likely won't hurt our flexibility, but Len has been so bad that the Suns let him sign the qo and become unrestricted free agent...while they had no center for the future, that tells you something.

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Would not give Green more than the vet min. As much as I love the guy, you can't count on him to give you high quality minutes in the playoffs. He was awful, in aggregate. Luc is tough. When healthy, he's a great wing. Somebody will pay him.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

tarik black says that isn't true for everyone. Len isn't someone I'd want on this team.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

The Suns are one of the worst organizations in the league. You can't look at his play last year and tell me there's nothing to work with there. That being said, he was garbage in 16-17, so I can see why they did that.

When I see him play and look at those numbers, I see an NBA backup big man who is still improving his game.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course. in the end its always the team's fault that becomes the easy excuse to use. typical cf's reply

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Avery Bradley or Tyreke Evans are the two realistic choices on that list. Bradley’s injury-plagued season may have suppressed his value enough that the Rockets can get him with the taxpayer MLE. And Evans, while good in Memphis, has been so erratic and injury prone the last few seasons that he may be available at that price point, too.

clutchdabear likes this.
  17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Tarik Black never had numbers as good as Len last year. I'm not saying he's a star. But I have a hard time believing that people can't see him as a backup big. He had a good year last year.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I'm not sure what I am excusing here - I think he had a good season last year.

Let me ask you this - why do you think he is so terrible? I mean, there's a lot to not like about his game. Middling post game, no real shot, inability to create. But if you just needed him for defense, screen setting, and rolling to the rim - what's there to not like?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

well besides the fact that len's numbers are no where near impressive and that they do not define his actual play, Black definitely had comparable numbers his first year in LA after he left Hou.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true, but also consider that putting up some (empty) numbers in a team like Phoenix has not exactly great value, other teams literally don't play defense against them and most of the time they lose by 20 points...you put a guy like Trez on that team and he probably average 15/10 in 25/30 minutes.

I agree with you on Gerald, let's say i'd likle to think he will be back for the minimum.