1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverleysanity!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bfpri

bfpri Member

I wish he would just start already. McHale get it over with please. At this point he's just trying not to hurt our starting PG's feelings, and he's probably afraid of getting attacked by his radical fans.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

That would be true if he were actually producing like he is in the NBA, but neither Arkansas nor another D-1 school would've given him a scholarship, and it is doubtful that he would be given a shot in the NBA.

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Back to the OP--great post. Beverly is a rare player and one I'm very glad is on the Rockets. His improvement from last year to this year has been great offensively. The Rockets should sign him long term if at all possible.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

If Morey can find him in Siberia, surely he can find him in Guang Dong too.

5. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Sorry to burst your bubble. As of 10/21 Beverley's stats are
    FG%=57
    Rebounds per game= 4.5
    Steals pg=1.8
    assits pg =4.4
    You took the stats from the NBA we sight. They were not up to date. I think they only included the first two preseason games.
    Check me out from data from ESPN. You have to do the math.

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Correction : NBA WEB Site

7. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

How's Omri? I wish he was a 90% FG shooter. We would beat everyone.

8. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Current Lin Stats:
    FG%=50
    Steals PG=2.25
    Assits PG=5.25

Again check it out on espn using all games played so far.

9. coffeelover665

just bench Lin please. Lin can run the 2nd unit and become Linsanity there. With D12 on the starting unit, the beard doesn't really need a playmaker next to him because its always going to be a mismatch somewhere

10. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

I dont think we need to beat anyone, they would just give a walkover :p

11. hbomb

hbomb Member

Yehhh ClutchFanssssHomerissmmm anyonee but Jeremyyyyyy. Linonlyfansssss LinonlyHaterrsssss LinonlyLoL. beverly over linnnn. Trade lin for scalbrineeee. Lintothed-leagueeee. Beverlybetterthancp3333.

:D

Go bev!

1 person likes this.
  12. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I would be curious if Morey recruits there. Speaking of China, I'd actually like to know if Morey is interested in Yi Jianlian, a great athlete who is still young and a high #1 pick (by Worrell standards). I've always thought that he was in situations where he was generally on bad teams without much good guidance or coaching, other than a brief stint in Dallas.

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

OMRi's FG% is currently 57%. Sure to regress to the mean.

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

The origanal post should have not been a thread. I don't know what he is getting at. We all knew that these numbers would regress to an individual's mean. Was the original post being sarcastic or bating people.

15. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Just checked and he's actually playing in Guangdong. Shot 37% from three with New Jersey the only year he got consistent minutes at 32 minutes a game. He also has the size to defend the post. Seems like an excellent stretch 4 to me. I have a feeling he'd be much more motivated to play hard and improve his game were he on the Rockets as opposed to the horrible teams he was on.

16. x86zibit

x86zibit Member

Lin is causing so much more problems than he's worth. Two more years of this and he'll be gone. Hopefully morey trades him and asik and we get the star PF and also the off court distractions.

17. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Dude, chill, Lin's only a distraction in the GARM. I haven't seen him be a point of contention in the other two Rockets' sites I visit, nor on the team, nor in the media.

18. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Seriously, you guys need to relax. I thought the OP was giving much deserved props to Patrick Beverley (and Omri Casspi, on the side). I love to see all our Rockets do well and beat the expectation.

19. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Bev is like a PF in a PGs body

His can rebound, block shots, intimidate and protect the paint. He is our enforcer

Home boy can't create well, can't pass well, shoots ok, no real moves but he is highly effective. Kind of like that r****d kid on your team that is awkward but does the little things to help you win

20. catch22

catch22 Member

this remind me Clutch fans' love for Tony Douglas. stupidity beyond the boundary