1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley to undergo knee surgery, D'Antoni says he could miss 20 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry if I offended your man love for Beverly. People have fallen in love for him because of his hustle not ability. He is not a "good defender" he is a poor defender that acts tough and frenetic, just like ummm... Brewer. He finally developed a 3 point shot last year, but was inconsistent with it and can't stay on the floor. When he has the ball he dribbles way too much and is not a serious offensive threat. I'm not in love with Lin, but he is a much better player than Beverly. He is a good defensive player, decent ball handler and can get his own shot (something we need when Harden is not on the court). He gets a bad wrap because of stupid contract that the Linsanity insanity and the Chinese connection that got Les salivating. We could use someone that can play defense and handle the ball when Harden is not on the court. That is not Beverly, it is not Ennis, it is not on our roster right now.

Getsum64 likes this.
  2. cdrive

cdrive Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. hakeemthagreat

Lol. I'm 100% sure you just made that up. 9 times out of 10, Bev's matched up against Curry, WB, CP3 type's PG's. I watched all the games last year and can tell you most nights he forced them into below average shooting games. He's a pest who makes players work extra harder for their shots. You can't shut down any of the elite point guards in this league. But you can slow them down, and that's exactly what Bev's job is

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I was going to reply but you saved me the time.

Beverley is not a good defender. Lin is a good defender. Sure buddy.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Man Beverley is essential for us this year . He was looking nice and athletic in camp . His 3 pointer has gotten better every year . I can't wait for him to get back

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Wolverine nickname is stupid as hell. If this guy would just stop coming back too soon and actually rest and rehab properly he'd probably stop being so injury prone.

Also, Bev hasn't been a good defender in a long time. Although I will say that this year he looked like he could regain form before his injury.

It's unlikely that happens now though.

Getsum64 and ilovehtownbb like this.
  7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

He is missed. On the boards, in particular.

DonKnock and Mathloom like this.
  8. cdrive

cdrive Member

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We're saved!!!:cool:

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not so sure you can rely on a guy coming off of surgery that quickly. Will take at least 10-20 games before he gets back to form, I would think..

amaru likes this.
  11. cdrive

cdrive Member

Last game, Brewer got 16 minutes and Ennis got 8 minutes.

We are going to be a lot better with Beverley 24 minutes, Brewer 0 minutes, Ennis 0 minutes.

Deuce, 13 in 33, KlutchQT and 2 others like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If he literally stands there on defense and hits a couple shots he will be an upgrade at the position

Matt78777 likes this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Good to hear he's coming back soon. He's sorely needed. Ennis has been terrible. Bev is above average defender and a good steals guy who can hit 40% from downtown at fairly high volume. Either in the starting position or off the bench, he will be useful. Hope he doesn't cut into KJ's minutes though.

14. hakeemthagreat

Poor defender? lol. I laughed at this. You clearly haven't seen many Rockets games the last few years. Also explain to me how a player with a 40% 3pt is inconsistent? The fact you bring up Jeremy Lin, the turnover king, destroys what little credibility your post had. Didn't Bev beat out Lin for the starting position? Yet Lin is somehow the answer here. The same guy who single handedly destroyed our playoff series against Portland by "dribbling too much". lol

roslolian likes this.
  15. arjun

arjun Member

Beverly's ability to consistently hit the open 3 and drive for the floater will be huge. we need more speed on the perimeter...and I haven't even started to talk about his defense.

Even if Beverly starts, our bench will be greatly improved with Ennis off the floor.

roslolian likes this.
  16. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Member

Makes me sick to watch that. 2 timeouts left with <40 seconds remaining, and neither Lin nor McHale thought of calling a timeout.

17. Louka

Louka Member

lmao! turrible post. I don't mind your assessment of Beverley if that's how you see it... but you said Lin played defense.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Please come back soon.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

This crap right here should be banned permanently from this site.

20. hakeemthagreat

I know it hurts. But I have to remind ppl who bring up Jeremy Lin as if this didn't happen

roslolian likes this.