1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley: The Grim Reaper

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Oct 6, 2013.

1. StandontheLake

Seriously?

You may have a doctorate in psychology, but your reading comprehension still sucks.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

can you point to us PBEv's dirty plays against NO?

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I asked that earlier in this thread and got no answer. I wasn't aware that stealing the basketball was a dirty play. A more effective strategy than waiting around for an answer that doesn't exist:

Step 1 - Identify poster pretending not to understand that the OP referring to Bev as the "grim reaper" was in jest.

Step 2 - Check poster's post history.

Step 3 - Confirm that post history contains absolutely nothing but posts about epic Jeremy Lin, in all of his epic epic-ness.

Step 4 - Chalk poster's purported disdain up to the fact that they are a Lin fan -- not a Rockets fan -- and thus, will always criticize Bev and silently (or sometimes vocally) root for him to fail. Despite the fact that Lin and Bev seem to have a genuinely good relationship and healthy mutual respect.

It's really easier this way. ^^^

1 person likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

Okay, I just tickled myself with my own accuracy. Doppleganger SERIOUSLY only has 3 types of posts on this board:

(1) Praising Lin.
    (2) Criticizing Beverley.
    (3) Arguing that people in sports media who speak positively about Beverley don't mean the positive things they say about him at all, but only say these things so that they can sneak in some comments about Lin.

Literally.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Well I have an MBA from Rice and own a chain of ATM machines and my dad and uncle are wealthy. Come at me you bro

6. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

I have a rigid structured way of thinking that makes me highly defensive, close minded to facts, proper opinions and insight. Does this help me win this argument?

7. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Check and mate.

8. Coach E

Coach E Member

Rockets_Big = Westbrook? :confused:

9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Mine includes this step AND filtering out idiots for whom Lin can do no right. They are just as annoying and much more hateful. I swear, I realize this is a public forum but people should only be allowed 3 hateful comments against any player: harden, Bev, Lin, Howard, etc before they get booted. I'm so tired of the negativity.

10. KlutchQT

Generally agreed, though I don't think one faction is noticeably more hateful than the other. I just don't understand why some people feel it necessary to incessantly down one player to boost another. I make no secret of the fact that Beverley is my favorite player -- but I don't think I've ever made a single post on this board tearing Lin to shreds. I fully support all of our guys and want to see ALL of them succeed. And like I said, the fact that Lin and Bev seem to get along just fine makes the pissing contests between their fans all the more ridiculous.

I honestly wish people would just have the balls to admit their biases instead of pretending to be objective -- especially when their post history tells the story.

11. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I say one faction is more hateful cuz generally (other than the recent influx of idiots dogging Harden and Bev, though thankfully they seem to be getting weeded out) it's the haters talking unnecessarily bad about Lin with the Lin defenders getting upset and arguing, that is causing all the ruckus and not the other way around. Of course, this is not always true as there are knuckleheads throughout any forum and any faction.
    As for me, I've yet to comment negatively on any of our players except in game threads where things get a bit harder to control you temper, lol. And truth be told, I'm upset at Lin all the time probably more than anyone else on our team, though I think he has such potential.
    Just say NO to hate! Anybody who hates on any of our players are gonna be in my crosshairs, as far as I'm concerned.

12. gene18

gene18 Rookie

My opimion also.