1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley: The Grim Reaper

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Progs

Progs Member

I think Lin will have a Career year with Howard and Beverley and Jones have taken their games into another level. No wonder Rockets Summer league team were 4-0 with blowout wins. Canaan and Covington are DLeague bound... I know is early but Covington might be a better NBA player than Canaan.

2. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

There are 96 minutes at 2 Guard positions.

(Prediction) Minutes split will be:
    36 Harden
    30 Lin
    30 Bev

Unless it's a blowout I don't think anyone else make the rotations at guard.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

harden? howard traded to the lakers?! guess iggy was traded to denver.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

#RIGGIN4WIGGINS

5. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

That's a kickass nickname

6. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

And how do you see our offense working out, as the pace is noticeably quicker and more fluid with Lin. In addition, Lin really is the only one that feeds the bigs quick, often, and well especially when they are posting up. Lin really passes the ball quickly and crisply and he seems to be making a concerted effort to get the ball moving quickly and often and we need that floor general. And as much as we all love Harden, he is most definitely not a pg.

7. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Not to mention Deron Williams & Chris Paul... Hell Jason Kidd was traded multiple times. Stars get traded.

All I know Bev and Lin both attempted and fail to throw HORRIBLE to throw lobs to Dwight.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Preseason game? I don't think anyone will remember this as anything but that.

9. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Holy crap, I laughed hard at this. Accurate analogy.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

If a tree falls in a preseason game and crushes a Jrue Holiday, did a Jrue Holiday not just die?

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

You have basically laid out the argument for Lin coming off the bench. In the Pelicans game, offensive flow totally became non-existent when the starters sat, because the best shot creators on this team, Howard, Harden, Parsons, and Lin weren't in the game. It resulted in lots of stickiness, balls ending up in TJones' hands of all people, and generally horrible play.

It's ironic that I, by most fans standard a LOH on this board, actually embraces Linsanity more than even most Lin fans. To this day, I really want Lin to recapture his ability to make things happen. Last year people excuse his performance because of injury? Sure. But now he doesn't look injured. So shouldn't he be capable of becoming a supreme iso player he was 2 years ago?

Basically, when you have Casspi, Asik, Garcia, and Jones on the court, do you want Beverley to direct the offense? Or Jeremy Lin?

1 person likes this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

1. I think in the real games they will stagger Harden and Howard's minutes enough where one of them is on the floor for the majority of the game. You can bring Lin back in for the couple of minutes they aren't.

2. Does every Beverley thread have to bring out all the Lin fans frantically defending their guy? They scrambling!

1 person likes this.
  13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

If my memory serves me well, Deron and CP were not traded. Deron was given 100 million in five years to go to Brooklyn. Jason Kidd wanted off the nets after many years . Also, he did not get traded. There is a difference between trading and leaving a team in free agency.

14. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

Your memory is not correct: he was traded to the Nets for Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and two picks.

15. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

And Kidd was also traded, by the way.

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

yeah i agreed with everything u said, but hey BEV was running with the starting lineup and our offence stagnated also. The lead dropped off.
    I love Bev, but they really need experiment the combos more with bev.

17. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

Sam Hinkie did :rolleyes: must be something

18. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I just wish we could watch Bev go out there and do his thing with hand checking allowed. I miss hand checking. And post play.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Lets give him a Kelvin Cato contract!!!!

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt he lost a wink of sleep over it.