1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Beverley Return] Expected To Play Tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussiejack, Nov 5, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

When they first released the 10-14 day estimate, he randomly said it would be more like 5-7. I worry he's just trying to meet his own internal deadline.

Stuff like this is why I could never have athlete kids. I already know I'd be that embarrassing mom trying to run out onto the field/court/ice/green or whatever if my child pulled a muscle, no matter how old he was. :eek:

2. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

This is what playing basketball in Russia does to you. Toughens you up like a mofo!

3. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Where'd you get that I think Lin "was responsible" for the loss?

It was a team loss, as almost any loss is. Lin's inability to stay in front of Paul was a big factor, Harden's lackadaisical effort on both sides was a bigger one.

I understand I'm trying to reason with a troll, though, because that Beverley fouling out comment screams typical Lin-based insecurity - Your guy's abilities being questioned? Make derogatory comment towards the player who's threatening his worth.

4. RRockets

RRockets Member

Simply put, no body and stay in front of Paul. JLin did a better job than Steven Curry in terms of PTS scored by CP3.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

In fairness to Steph, he also outscored Jeremy by 3x. That's not a knock on Jeremy at all -- I'd say he is indisputably the better defender. But I think a big part of the reason Steph's D is subpar is that he expends all of his energy/effort on offense as GSW's primary scoring option. (For the sake of the Western Conference, I hope he remains a one-way player.)

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

CP3 has NEVER scored on Steven Curry. Steven Curry is the ultimate stopper. Lebron, CP3, Harden, Durant all scored a combined 0 points on the guy. Lin doesn't even come close to compare.

7. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Steven Curry never scored on Chris Paul either. That guy is the ultimate defender and and also the best zero offense player in the league. Steven Curry's offense is so vaunted that he makes Jeremy Lin look like Chris Paul in offense!

8. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

So happy Bev got to play. Rox really needed this win. Hopefully, LMA gets convinced more and more to join us someday. :p

I think Steph can do better on defense but, you're right, as long as he keeps being a near-unstoppable offensive force, GSW should be alright.

9. pippsux

pippsux Member

Welcome back, bevnasty!

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He wanted some nasty