1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley out for season (sadly). Glad we got Paul while we could.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I'm not saying nothing negative. The injury bug can hit anyone. I wish Bev the best.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No matter how you re-edit the thread title, I'm still not understanding the sentiment you are trying to make, OP.

To me, it's the same as this guy's comment in the NBA Dish version of this injury announcement.

Had we ever traded Yao at his peak, and then later he has a season-ending injury, I'm sure many would have that similar Fantasy-league GM thought as OP, "Nice. Glad we traded Yao."

And you know that would not of gone over very well at all.

3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

He can rejoin rockets next year

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I like the way you think

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. txn

txn Member

Don't care what purpose it was when you wrote this. Jinx or Anti Jinx, STFU. Better not say anything than say that kinda stupid shxt. Seriously, that was not even funny.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  6. heypartner

Agree, and think you should go ahead and delete the quote from your replay, so we don't have to read it twice. :(

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lmao. Go have a beer, get laid and live life. If you believe in jinx threads.....

New jinx. Chris Paul tears ball sacks and @txn cleans it up on center court.

seeingred and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  8. jayfree

jayfree Member

Beverley is no Yao. The guy was good when healthy but it was only a matter of time before he got injured again and missed half of the season for us (including playoffs). Many times people stressed how they hope they could trade Beverley before last season. Those died down when he put up an almost full year with us. That didn't change the fact that he was still injury prone and we may end up with absolutely nothing in his place if he goes down.

I feel for the guy missing the season, but he is still young. Unfortunately I think these injuries will follow him throughout his career. So yes, I am happy the Rockets got some value for him. If we would have waited until mid season or next season (and he got injured like this for us) then we would have been SOL.

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  9. heypartner

save it for someone who understands your sentiment. I don't.

"Nice. I traded him while his value was high." -- Every Fantasy-League GM after a player gets injured​

10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

He would have been, it was a micro-fracture surgery needed due to wear and tear. Same thing for Parsons btw.

11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

12. jayfree

jayfree Member

You're right. I thought we were having a civil back and forth but shouldn't have wasted a few post on you... Won't happen again. Thanks for the heads up

13. bongman

bongman Member

Beverly is exactly like Yao - a player who wore a Rockets jersey who pour his heart and soul for this team. Do you measure how much you love a person by material things like statistics or money?

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

Yao was the franchise player for this team and the Rockets would have got BLASTED for even thinking of moving him to another team. Beverley was more of a role player. Nobody is slamming Beverley here

15. aroundtheblock2

The GM does, or at least I hope he does.

jayfree likes this.
  16. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Wearing my Beverley jersey to the game tonight.

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

so you went to the NBA dish and saw a thread over there and came here to garm to tell us it was a good trade? stop making threads i'm serious

18. jayfree

jayfree Member

Nope.. saw it wasn't here and posted. Thanks for the reply though

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Thread title is fine.

jayfree likes this.
  20. bongman

bongman Member

You think GM somehow thinks he got lucky for Bev' s misfortune?