1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley or Brooks as the primary backup PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Mar 5, 2013.

?

Who will be the primary backup

1. Beverley - He's the new Brooks

65.0%
  2. Brooks - He's the OG and the certified Lakers wrecker.

35.0%
  1. nickg

nickg Member

Yes, just like Douglas earned his. We are talking about back up pgs ( even if brooks has started, he's still a back up at this point ). Backups are hardly untouchable.

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't care who plays, I just want the Rockets to win. I'll let McHale decide who should play. But, I do disagree with you when you say Beverley hasn't proven anything. Beverley has played very well, and that was with very little practice time with the team. I really doubt we would have won the Orlando game without the game that Beverley had. Beverley hasn't played many games, but he has done a good job up to this point. If McHale thinks Brooks should play, then I'm fine with it, but I don't think there is an urgent need to get him in the lineup.

3. eman

eman Contributing Member

If we start Lin, Harden, Parsons, DMo, and Asik, we could sub in an entire unit of Bev, AB, (Delfino/Garcia/James), (TRob/TJ/Smith), and (Ohlbrecht/Smith), all at once-- we're quality all the way to the end of the bench. Run, run, run!

4. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

i have to say i may be wrong but i kinda feel books is beverley's insurance since beverley is the least experienced pg on rox.

5. alethios

alethios Member

What??? I never even knew about this. Is there a thread dedicated to McHale's small ball?

6. nickg

nickg Member

Small sample size seems to work here, it does in so many other places. Clutchfans has a habit of over hyping certain players ( Machado, Douglas, and Beverly come to mind this year alone, can probably throw Greg smith in there from the beginning of the season ) and under selling others ( parsons for instance, gets a ton of hate, or had been.

Not saying brooks should get the minutes over him tomorrow, bur they aren't just going to shove him down at the end of the bench. Neither of them ( brooka/beverly ) can run an offense although AB has more XP doing it, and neither are good defenders ( ab is just hampered by his size ). I just think ab will provide a better spark off the bench IF he can play anywhere near the level he did when he was first here.