1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley might return for playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Apr 13, 2015.

1. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If they make it to the WCF I wouldn't want anything to change.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Fixed.

3. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Could he just run on the court and dead leg Paul/Parker/Lillard if not?

4. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I hope we don't play the Spurs until the WCF then.

If we make the WCF, Terry did a great job on Parker in game 2 but I don't trust Terry on Parker through a series.

GSW would eat us alive even with Beverly but I still think we can match-up to them with Dwight back.

5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

It's all a part of the plan.

6. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Lol at us still being in the playoffs by then, no way in hell we beat GW, assuming we can beat whoever in the first round. Harden's performance in the spurs games that everyone was treating as playoff games instilled no confidence in me. Couple that with the fact that we lost EVERY tie breaker to all the teams ahead of us. It looks like that Harden disappears in big games narrative is starting to hold true.

7. bmd

bmd Member

Yeah, it's confirmation that he said it... but based on his play, it was obvious he was dealing with injuries.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

we need Dmo more than Bev, but i sure hope he comes back sooner than expected. Everyone knows this guy is a warrior. more of a reason for us to get out of the first round!

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if rockets can make the west finals without the coaching staff being smart enough to start brewer at pg and not play terry and priggs over 20minutes against the stacked pgs, then bev for 10-15mpg is good enough.

11. Solaris

Solaris Member

We'll beat the Cavs for sure now.

12. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

If Bev came back and was productive .. wow. that guy is actually wolverine

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bev is gonna get out there and go at Lillard's legs. Either way he's not healthy enough to play anyway so he can afford to get suspended.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just hope Beverley's faith in the Rockets still playing when his cast comes off is rewarded. I want to see the Rockets playing late in May with Patrick Beverley out there contributing on the court. Kudos to Bev for working to get back. We need him.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I like Bev a lot. But I would go with the players that won two rounds. I would hesitate to change the chemistry at that juncture. For him to come back, implies we are playing great.

16. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

I agree, unless our 37 year old PGs are running on fumes.

17. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

The matter of fact is every series is different and teams make changes according to differences in matchups.

If Beverley is ready, more likely than not he will start before Terry to guard a good point guard.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He should just play in a big ol' cast as Cowboy Bob Orton used to do in 80's WWF.

Then he can perform evil cast tricks while the referees aren't looking.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Excellent point, heypartner. I'm thinking that Bev being in a uniform and practicing might give the team a lift, even if he initially only plays spot minutes here and there. I got the impression that when Donuts was first announced out for the season, that it kind of took the wind out of the team's sails a bit. Perhaps Bev's return would do the opposite, even if he doesn't play much, hopefully without disrupting chemistry. With all the injuries, additions, and subtractions this season, I agree that chemistry is a precious thing. More so than usual, if that's possible. Regardless, if we're in the position to even think about Bev suiting up, that's indicative of team success, which is what you're pointing out.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

agree 100%