1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley done for the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Mar 25, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nick Johnson time. He has the potential to be the best defending guard on the team with his youth and athleticism.

2. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

In the playoffs, play harden ariza brewer. We already used ariza on cp3 the last time we played them.

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Nothing official yet right?

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

douche much?

5. hakeemthagreat

Bev/Brewer/Ariza

They rotated on CP3 w/ Bev doing most of the guarding. Ariza playing CP3 for certain possessions is ALOT different than matching up with him primarily in a 7 game series. Bev's defense will indeed be missed

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Do this exactly and then give some minutes to KJ McDaniels. He would fit perfectly in the defensive philosophy we have for our wing players.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Doctors will say Bev should have the surgery.

Bev will say Screw that.

He will nurse it for as long as he can until giving it a go in the playoffs.

8. Convictedstupid

csc177 is Robert Durst.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

from entertainment standpoint I'd take Nick and K.J. playing over Bev all the time, but even with Bev out Terry and Prigioni will take all the minutes. No way we see youngsters this season again for significant minutes

10. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

His agent is going to have a big say too. Pat is in a contract year and he shouldn't jeopardize the long run right now. If he can play through without causing further damage, I'm all for it... but he's gotta think about the long term if he can cause more damage.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The 6-foot-1, 185-pounder went to Houston on Tuesday to have his left wrist evaluated and was ruled out for Wednesday's road game against the New Orleans Pelicans. Sources said team doctors are expected to reveal Wednesday morning whether Beverley could postpone the surgery to the offseason without risking further ligament damage or needs a season-ending procedure now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...rley-could-miss-rest-of-season-030719138.html

I just logged on, so maybe this has been posted, but it sounds like Bev might be able to postpone surgery until after the playoffs. Yeah, optimisim on my part, or wishful thinking. I'm guessing he'll play if he can. The guy's tough as nails.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This is why we brought Prigs in, still anyone staying losing Bev is not a big loss is delusional. We need all the healthy able og bodies we can get and he was the youngest most proven one. I think Prigs is actually going to surprises Ppl, I'm hoping for an Andre Miller type performance from a couple years ago. Jet will be ready to go and hit big shots but he can't be relied upon for more than 20 solid minutes a night.

Losing bev sucks but it's not a tko killer like I wouod have thought last year. With harden we can beat anyone even if we're not the favorites. At the end of the day you can't have it all and if we Trot out a healthy Howard, Jones, Dmo and Smith? We will have the deepest most talented front line in the league. With hardens ability to find bigs we should be able to punish teams all game long full 48 min in the paint.

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Better awaken Bobby Sura.

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is definitely a blow to the team, but with Howard coming back and hopefully Jones, we should be OK still. We will really miss Beverley's clutch shots though in the 4th.

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Correct; We used Brewer on CP3 when we defeated them here in HOU and Ariza was defending CP3 when we defeated them in LA on the ABC-televised game.

16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

No news is good news?

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Good news is no news!!!

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I can't remember the last time that the best player on the Vipers wasn't a 3-point shooting guard?

19. NotChandlerParsons

I didn't realize they let people post on clutchfans from jail cells but it explains a lot.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

aren't we sill paying Matt Maloney?

1 person likes this.